Christian Benteke

Kwan

I still don't see Morpheus how you can harp on about Lukaku who has scored goals is contributing to WBA when Benteke has also scored for us and caused havoc for defences - so Benteke is also contributing for us!

Where have i said that Benteke isn't contributing. It's the form of contribution that i'm criticizing and if rumours are correct why would fans be laughing at him? I wouldn't condone that but the rumour is there all the same. Also i have yet to see him cause havoc against any defence. Did you hear Neville's comments on Benteke when we played against WBA on Sky Sports?

Benteke has been poor and i stand by my argument that at the moment i feel we should have purchased elsewhere. Just because a player wears the claret & blue shirt of our team, it doesn't mean he can be exonerated of criticism.

The Albion are where they are due to several seasons of stability, owing to their set up with Ashworth allowing a change of manager to not scupper the club.

They also have very good central players such as Morrison.

Luakau is obviously contributing, but his contribution weighed against the other elements is far smaller.

This all of course has nothing to do with Benteke, who is a good player, who will score a lot of goals for this club.

There’s an art to being a polemicist and it doesn’t involve arguing the sky is green.

Try verisimilitude.

Well said that man!

Also didn't we sign a DM called El Ahamdi?? oh that's right you dont rate him either!

Straight from wiki the fountain of knowledge!!

Karim El Ahmadi Arrousi (Arabic: كريم الأحمدي; born 27 January 1985 in Enschede) is a Dutch footballer of Moroccan descent who currently plays as a defensive midfielder for Aston Villa in the Premier League.

That may be one definition but is KEA the actual definitive defensive midfielder we need who can add steel to our midfield? In my opinion he is not and thats why our midfield is currently played through too easily. Diame was available on a free and would have given us a much better balance in midfield.

That may be one definition but is KEA the actual definitive defensive midfielder we need who can add steel to our midfield? In my opinion he is not and thats why our midfield is currently played through too easily. Diame was available on a free and would have given us a much better balance in midfield.

Why would he? - because he played in the prem before?

The only thing I agree with you about is we didn't buy anyone to partner or compliment KEA - I still think KEA has been fine, but he cant do it all.

I have looked at a player who is physically imposing, well suited to this league, who can score at international level and has an ability to find space and time in the box.

I am not claiming that he will score goals as a truth. Its a prediction based up the evidence I have seen.

I think the frustration of him not converting more is valid and shared. But those writing him off are well wide of the mark and likely to be proved wrong.

For the record i'm not trying to wind anyone up. I don't believe Benteke has been a good signing for a number of reasons which i have already clearly stated and i will continue to defend my opinion on that until he proves otherwise, at which time, i will gladly admit that i have been wrong about him. However, presently, i believe his performances have substantiated my opinion of him when there were better alternatives available.

:D

Benteke has been poor and i stand by my argument that at the moment i feel we should have purchased elsewhere. Just because a player wears the claret & blue shirt of our team, it doesn't mean he can be exonerated of criticism.

he scored.

Storming first half today, his movement was good, his hold up play mostly very good and he took his goal brilliantly. He's a talented player that needs the backing of those around him, the fact is that he's always getting into goal scoring positions and never shies away from responsibility whether that's having an effort on goal or looking to receive the ball with his back to goal, even if he's not playing well.

I like him, others around him could do with taking a leaf out of his book.

Â