Christian Benteke

Kwan

Saw that Jurno Terruer (he follows Belgium players in the prem for top paper over there) tweet Genk will get 15% of any fee over 8m if we sell Benteke.

So about 4mil of the transfer then. That's not that much of a hit for us really.

Ye it's not much, we'd still net 29m

Actually in terms of fees "net" is about 21M

Explain please....

Well if you're looking net,  take into account the fee we paid for him

• Like 1

Baggies reckon Plop are gonna go in for Berahino not Benteke

all be it was some dodgy facebook page thingy

but Berahino would be a better suit to them..he does well for 2 seasons they'll make 20 mill on him

Berahino is a bad egg.  I really hope they go in for him but I don't dare believe it'll happen.  That would be just too good.

Either do I, I think now we know Liverpool are getting massive money for sterling, we should not udner any circumstances sell under the 32.5m clause

I would take Ibe and 25m if they were to offer a player

I can't see Liverpool signing him. Unless they are planning on completely changing their style of football it makes no sense whatsoever!

Think this is just about spot on in racing terms a Derby winner not a Grand National,however,if he does go the ideal replacement would of course be Bony of Man City, a terrific player.

Saw that Jurno Terruer (he follows Belgium players in the prem for top paper over there) tweet Genk will get 15% of any fee over 8m if we sell Benteke.

So about 4mil of the transfer then. That's not that much of a hit for us really.
Ye it's not much, we'd still net 29m

Actually in terms of fees "net" is about 21M

Explain please....

Well if you're looking net, take into account the fee we paid for him

I used the term "net" as in we'd receive, not actual net profit. Was a turn of phrase

I can't see Liverpool signing him. Unless they are planning on completely changing their style of football it makes no sense whatsoever!

See I don't agree with this at all. I hear it from Liverpool fans because they don't watch him play, and yet the goals he has scored just against them alone should tell them that he's capable of everything. They wouldn't have to change their style of play. He can do what they do. He's just capable of a lot more besides. He would give them a plan A, B & C but they just see 'big man good on crosses'. They don't f**king deserve him and I really hope with every fibre of my being that IF he does go somewhere that he goes anywhere but Anfield.

He can do more but his biggest strength is from crosses.

We had the highest crosses in the league after Sherwood took over and Liverpool has the lowest of any team all season. Benteke also has the worst pass accuracy rate of both squads combined! I know stats don't tell the whole story but surely this is something they should consider.

Sherwood saw our problem was not getting the ball to our biggest danger man and solved it the easiest and quickest way he knew how.  Benteke's first season under Lambert wasn't all crosses and he was just as dangerous if not more so.  The fact we crossed it to him this season shows he's good on crosses, it doesn't mean he can't do what he did his first season here.  It just means the midfield weren't as capable of getting it to his feet.  Basically we had to go to plan B because the rest were too shite to implement plan A.

All IMHO of course :)

• Like 4

How do you explain the worst passing accuracy in the team? I think the amount of time he gives the ball away is overlooked because of his goals and other good work he does.If our whole game was based around possession it would really stand out.

He's usually the last link in the passing chain though.  If anyone's going to have bad passing stats it'll be the one guy in the team with no-one more advanced than he is on the pitch, whose job is to shoot and who; if he does pass; will invariably be doing so in a congested area of the pitch.  I'm not saying he's fabulous at it, I'm just saying it's one of the last stats a striker will probably excel in.

• Like 2

He's usually the last link in the passing chain though.  If anyone's going to have bad passing stats it'll be the one guy in the team with no-one more advanced than he is on the pitch, whose job is to shoot and who; if he does pass; will invariably be doing so in a congested area of the pitch.  I'm not saying he's fabulous at it, I'm just saying it's one of the last stats a striker will probably excel in.

That is very true....but I seem to remember Gary Shaw being particularly nifty at

It's the by product of different types of strikers.

Berahino is a bad egg. I really hope they go in for him but I don't dare believe it'll happen. That would be just too good.

He's dropped his agent, the same one as Sterling, that makes him instantly more appealing.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

Â