Christian Benteke

Kwan

He confirmed it in the build up to the FA cup final which at the time sounded ludicrous, it's currently looking very shrewd, pay up or **** off, spurs and Liverpool haven't got it in them, anyone watching his final performance and then the 2 games for Belgium would probably say he isn't worth it

Anyone who decides whether or not to spend £30m+ on a player based on three performances is an idiot.

Not necessarily, I'd say any much bigger club interested in him would definitely have been interested to see how he performed on the big stage of the cup final

If the said £32.5m is correct then we will only end up with about £24m once Genk have their 15% & at least 10% going to Benteke 

Put that over several instalments and it don't sound that great a deal so its important we dig our heels in with this.

If the said £32.5m is correct then we will only end up with about £24m once Genk have their 15% & at least 10% going to Benteke

Put that over several instalments and it don't sound that great a deal so its important we dig our heels in with this.

I've not heard about the 15% to Genk and surely Benteke waves his money?

Benteke might but I doubt Kismet will say No to money

why would benteke get any of the fee he wants the move so therefore gets sod all of the transfer

he hasnt put in a transfer request

Well he may have to as kismet said theyd do anything legal to get the move so the only way is to put in a transfer request we still say ok stump up the 32.5million and you can go. Still means we hold out for the full amount or benteke foregoes his 10% either way I don't care villa are bigger than any player so if you don't want to stay here then f**k off. We've survived losing players before always will. Fans were pissing themselves when Andy Gray left but we managed. So stay and play your socks off or leave this still great club. Not bothered now. Had this after his first season and now. Getting fed up. There's better out there and we'll find him. I trust our scouts.

And no he didn't make all his goals himself as many keep stating he did - he had help - be a bloody miracle to win a free tick take it yourself and get on the end of it and score like against Man Utd

• Like 1

Benteke might but I doubt Kismet will say No to money

why would benteke get any of the fee he wants the move so therefore gets sod all of the transfer

he hasnt put in a transfer request

The club aren't actively selling him. I'd be very surprised if the club have to give up any money to Benteke in the event of somebody meeting his clause. Will depend on the contract of course, another unknown but it wouldn't make much sense.

I've not heard about the 15% to Genk and surely Benteke waves his money?

Its apparently 15% of profits over the £7m paid, so around £4m. 

I thought it was pretty much the norm that players get a % of the selling fee should they not hand in a transfer request?

Whatever happens I hope Villa put a time limit on things so it doesn't drag on into the new season.

I believe we did that a couple seasons ago when spuds we're faffing over him.

Allegedly.

Unfortunately, due to the clause we can do no such thing. If Liverpool or whoever bid £32.5m on transfer deadline he is entitled to go.

hes entitled to talk to them

Anyone know when he's back for pre season training. I presume he gets an extra week off like Delph due to playing in the internationals.

Key will be his attitude when he comes back and starts playing up as some do when they want to leave. I hope not.

Source?

No, it's not. Or it might be, but it will be a contractual thing. Not something we can just guess at.

It was reported by some Belgian outlet about a month ago. I seem to remember such a clause being mooted around the time of him signing also. It's referred to here by Laurie Whitwell:

Aston Villa are refusing to budge on their asking price for Christian Benteke partly because a percentage of any transfer fee must be sent to his former club Genk.

The Belgian side are due 15 per cent on any profit Villa make above the £7million price they paid for the striker in 2012.

Genk could collect around £3.8m should a club trigger Benteke’s £32.5m release clause.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3143955/Aston-Villa-refuse-budge-32-5m-price-Christian-Benteke-former-club-Genk-cut-fee.html

Instalments wouldn't activate the clause I thought, it's got to be all up front, which is one of the main reasons I don't see it happening

The Sunday Express (ahem) saying Liverpool will pay the price next week. Pinch of salt and everything but actually could be sweet relief for all concerned.

Probably when city pay them the 4th bid for sterling after uefa lifted cities ffp ban

I thought it was pretty much the norm that players get a % of the selling fee should they not hand in a transfer request?

Some might have a clause like that, but I doubt it's common. You might be thinking about loyalty bonuses, which is payed out during the span of a contract. However, if the player is sold without asking for a transfer he get's the remaining loyalty bonus payed out. If he asks to be transferred though, he loses his right to it.

Â