Christian Benteke

Kwan

Anyway if the clause is £32M then my suggestion works better than accepting £20M plus a few players that they don't want.

Your suggestion isn't better. It's totally idiotic and I'm assuming you must be trolling surely?!

Why on earth would Tottenham pay £32 million meet the buyout clause then give us £12 million plus worth of players for FREE! Yep your idea sounds totally plausible lolz.

• Like 2

Anyway if the clause is £32M then my suggestion works better than accepting £20M plus a few players that they don't want.

Your suggestion isn't better. It's totally idiotic and I'm assuming you must be trolling surely?!

Why on earth would Tottenham pay £32 million meet the buyout clause then give us £12 million plus worth of players for FREE! Yep your idea sounds totally plausible lolz.

The clause is supposedly £32M my suggestion is that Tottenham meet that, the other suggestion is that we accept £20M. Nothing totally idiotic about, I'd say it's just a simple and profound point of view.

My '£20m + Dembele + Townsend' suggestion was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

I'd definitely go for that deal, but there's no chance that Spurs would. It's likely that they'll rate those two players as £15m players (in their warped, overpriced Spurs way), so I'd imagine the best we could hope for from them would be money plus one of those pair in a swap deal.

Dembélé and Townsend are good players but I'd want them plus the full £32M.

Why would spurs do that when the 32.5m would activate the release clause?

That post was in reply to a suggestion that we should accept £20M plus Dembélé and Townsend. If Tottenham want to fob us of with players that they don't want then so be it, but they still have to meet the release clause. If they meet the release clause without offering the players then fair enough. All I'm saying is that I'd want £32M from them.

Liverpoo -Champions league :crylaugh: now thats funny, like us, living in the past.

I don't get this tbh. We go on about how good benteke is and how he's worth so much money, yet people rubbish the idea that he'd possibly go a long way towards turning the 6th placed team into top 4 contenders? If he's not capable of that then he's not worth the money we're saying he is. And if he is capable of that, then there's no reason why he shouldn't join Liverpool

And just to add I think we should be doing our best to avoid selling him to Tottenham anyway. They really should be a team we're looking to catch up with, not helping to strengthen by giving them our best player.

Edited by useless

That post was in reply to a suggestion that we should accept £20M plus Dembélé and Townsend. If Tottenham want to fob us of with players that they don't want then so be it, but they still have to meet the release clause. If they meet the release clause without offering the players then fair enough. All I'm saying is that I'd want £32M from them.

If Townsend and dembele are 2 players Tim wants, then getting them for essentially 12m is surely very good business given that a cash deal for either of them alone wouldn't be much less?

Obviously if he DOESN'T want them then it'd not be worthwhile, but we're talking about potentially saving around 10m (hypothetically) with the deal the poster mentioned.

For a club that doesn't have a huge amount to spend, I don't see how it wouldn't be a great deal for us. Not that spurs would offer it anyway

And just to add I think we should be doing our best to avoid selling him to Tottenham anyway. They really should be a team we're looking to catch up with, not helping to strengthen by giving them our best player.

At this moment in time we miles away from spurs and therefore selling to them won't really affect anything. We have been relegation fodder for yrs now, to start off with we need to catch the mid table teams before we worry about catching spurs.

Spurs are 2-3 seasons absolute minimum ahead of us. By the time we'd even get close benteke would've packed his bags and gone elsewhere, technically weakening them by the time we're knocking on the door around them (best case scenario)

Depends on their attitude I guess. Could be another Stephen Ireland scenario when the heart just isn't in it and performances are mediocre. Think it's a big risk personally. I'd rather keep him but as it's looking unlikely I would take the full £32m instead.

Depends on their attitude I guess. Could be another Stephen Ireland scenario when the heart just isn't in it and performances are mediocre. Think it's a big risk personally. I'd rather keep him but as it's looking unlikely I would take the full £32m instead.

It'd really be all down to Sherwood actually wanting those players, and there's nothing to suggest he does, or that spurs would make such an offer, or that spurs are even interested in benteke. It's all just idle speculation really

• Like 1

Benteke just got subbed after a very mediocre performance for belgium. No clubs will be coming for him if he plays like this.

I'm starting to think he seems such a good player because the others at villa are so average.

• Like 1

Benteke just got subbed after a very mediocre performance for belgium. No clubs will be coming for him if he plays like this.

I'm starting to think he seems such a good player because the others at villa are so average.

That doesn't really explain why he's got a goal every other game over 100 matches though. You don't manage that kind of record because your teammates are rubbish, you manage it in spite of your teammates being rubbish.

They only have to meet the release clause. Why on earth would they give us two players for nothing? Why don't you understand this?

• Like 1

Liverpoo -Champions league :crylaugh: now thats funny, like us, living in the past.

I don't get this tbh. We go on about how good benteke is and how he's worth so much money, yet people rubbish the idea that he'd possibly go a long way towards turning the 6th placed team into top 4 contenders? If he's not capable of that then he's not worth the money we're saying he is. And if he is capable of that, then there's no reason why he shouldn't join Liverpool

Yes i agree. With Suarez they came close to winning the title so with Benteke they should come close to top 4 

I expect one of the tabloids will pass off suggestions of swapping tekkers for dembele, Townsend and £20m as a 'close source' over the next few days.

Journos obviously read fans forums and plagiarise fan speculation.

Â