Christian Benteke

Kwan

So Benteke himself has said that Kismet will handle the situation, and that he did his season with Villa and isn't thinking about us now.

I admire his ambition but the way he goes about getting transfers is awful, he could have had legendary status here if not for the transfer request and general vibe of us being nothing more than a stepping stone. It'd be nice if he left on a positive note, but as things stand I think this move will cut his ties with the Villa faithful.

Shame really, incredible talent with a prick of an agent who he puts his utmost trust into - I'd be fuming if I saw that video come out of my agent.

You're talking a bit of rubbish there. He says the season is over now and he isn't thinking about us he is thinking about the national team and there up coming games. Completely reasonable response. He didn't say he is done with us. He said his agent knows what he wants. That could be anything.

To be fair to him I thought he handled himself very well in that interview. The Sky reporter practically begging him to say he wants to leave and to name the club.

EDIT...sorry I think I've replied to completely the wrong person here.

Edited by villan_007

I predict by the end of this week we will know what is happening. It doesn't look good does it? The only shining light is we will hopefully have more money to spend on incomings, as our squad needs strengthening badly!

If someone pays the release clause figure then I'm happy for him to go as long as tim gets to use it all. I'm not so sure he will leave. If he leaves this season he will prob end up on 75k bare in mind Sturridge is on 150k. If he resigns with us for 75-100k he can move next season and get another pay rise

Belgium Journo on twitter confirmed it is his agent Kismet...

Kismet is an utter ass to be fooled so easily.As for a contract way I see it this is almost as much of a shambles as the Spurs situation , he has painted himself into a corner.Only Liverpool are that interested and they won't pay.We won't sell for less than the release clause and he can't just not perform as he would risk missing out on another major international tournament.

Club has to ask it self do we risk losing 10 mil on his fee by keeping him another season balanced against how man extra points we think he will help us achieve , each league placing is what around 2 mil price money so finishing 12th not beyond realms of possibility and we make up what we lose selling him now.

The 10m you postulate we lose could be offset by him having a great season though. Plus the release clause won't reduce just because a year has passed

Keeping him would make a massive difference to the club and next season, and not just financially, but how we and others view the club.

And the release clause remains the same. The only way we will not get that is if Benteke himself pushes a move through.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with what Benteke is saying or doing. His agent is an agent, he wants to push through the deal and get paid, and he also wants other clubs to know that Benteke would like to move to a bigger club. He also knows that is other clubs are interested, then its leverage to be used to get his client a big fat pay increase.

If Benteke leaves for a bigger club (and I include Liverpool in that), then I don't begrudge him that. He could easily have left 2 years ago but he stayed and signed a new contract. We have had a terrible time since MON left, I really don't see how we can expect to keep hold of our best players, especially when we lost Young and Milner when we were actually a top six team.

We need to accept that we are a Southampton or a Swansea, maybe even a Spurs - our best players will leave and we will hopefully invest and still remain at the same level.

I actually think we will be ok if Benteke leaves, I think we will invest in the squad and we will finish top half next season.

I also don't think its nailed on that Benteke will leave this summer - it may be that no-one is prepared to match the release clause and he signs a new contract, or he keeps his existing contract and runs it down, in the knowledge that we will be under pressure to sell at Xmas or next summer.

• Like 1

What's to stop Liverpool from meeting his release clause on the last day of the transfer window, thereby leaving us in the shit in terms of finding a replacement?

turn off the fax machine and block their calls ;)

We are far from a Swansea Southampton or spurs. World's apart.

Would say he's pretty much gone and like it or not, Liverpool would be a massive step up.

I disagree, I think we have had a bad few years, but we are not too far behind Swansea or Southampton, and Spurs are where we should be aiming.

Would say he's pretty much gone and like it or not, Liverpool would be a massive step up.

I disagree, I think we have had a bad few years, but we are not too far behind Swansea or Southampton, and Spurs are where we should be aiming.

We are nowehere near Southampton or Swansea, not even close

• Like 2

They may be cash rich from a Sterling sale (why is he being talked of as a more expensive player than Benteke?), and they paid 35mil or so for Andy Carroll :P . And was it 20mil for Downing? I reckon they'd meet the fee. Compared to most of their transfers, he'd actually represent excellent value.

What a pillock his agent is. Did I hear there is a meeting Friday?

Do you not remember how he signed for us? He threatened a strike at Genk

wouldn't be a wise move on his part to go on strike a year befor the euros..

iys all gonna come down to the payment..i can imagine if its not paid in full at the time of the transfer we wont sell.so christian could have a problem here

if he says he doesn't want to be at Aston Villa i can't see Sherwood putting him in the squad because if hes got a player that wont give 100% he wouldn't pick him surely no matter who it was?

I'll have what you're drinking.

Â