Christian Benteke

Kwan

Real Madrid are apparently plotting a move for a Premier League hotshot - but not the one you might think.

With reports suggesting Alvaro Morata is on his way out of the Bernabeu, possibly Arsenal-bound, Los Blancos will be in the market for striking cover.

And Spanish newspaper AS say Romelu Lukaku is top of their wishlist.

The 21-year-old enjoyed a superb season netting 15 times while on loan at Everton, but is seen as surplus to requirements at parent club Chelsea.

Rivals Atletico Madrid were said to want him included in the protracted deal to take Diego Costa to Stamford Bridge but may now face a battle to get their man.

Valencia, Wolfsburg and Roma are also keen on the big Belgian.

Should the Blues prove unwilling bedfellows then Real could move for Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, Hoffenheim front man Kevin Volland or Verona forward Juan Iturbe.

Click

Lukaku is pretty crap to be honest, flat track bully.

There is a reason Mourinho let him go and it's because his all around game is appalling, his touch is appalling, his awareness is appalling. If not for his physique he would be playing Belgian semi-pro.

His scoring record at internationals is embarrassing too.

There is a reason Mourinho let him go and it's because his all around game is appalling, his touch is appalling, his awareness is appalling. If not for his physique he would be playing Belgian semi-pro.

come again?

21 years old and has scored around 30 premiership goals in his last two seasons. Surely that's not crap.

It's like Con but even worse.

I have watched numerous games from Lukaku last season where the ball was played into him time and time again, and it was bouncing all over the place, he was laying the ball off and it was going out for throw ins.

He scores goals, doesn't mean he is a good footballer.

I have watched numerous games from Lukaku last season where the ball was played into him time and time again, and it was bouncing all over the place, he was laying the ball off and it was going out for throw ins.

He's ludicrously good for his age, and he's been doing it since 16. Yes, his form was inconsistent last season but not many 21 year olds lead the line single handedly for a top club

He's ludicrously good for his age, and he's been doing it since 16. Yes, his form was inconsistent last season but not many 21 year olds lead the line single handedly for a top club

Rodders does have a point, he is very raw and powerful in his play but he isn't very good with his back to goal hence why Mourinho isn't giving him a go. He does have many attributes.

FWIW I don't think Lukaku is as good as the hype says he is. For me, Benteke the far more complete footballer out of the two. Lukaku us good dont get me wrong, suits the English game perfectly, but I dunno, just hasn't got the intelligence to really be a top world class* striker. 

*Depending on what your definition of world class is I guess, 

Edited by PieFacE

FWIW I don't think Lukaku is as good as the hype says he is. For me, Benteke the far more complete footballer out of the two. Lukaku us good dont get me wrong, suits the English game perfectly, but I dunno, just hasn't got the intelligence to really be a top world class* striker. 

*Depending on what your definition of world class is I guess, 

As much as I love Benteke, the last thing we can accuse him of is 'football intelligence'. Sure, he does have great ideas every now and then (last season at anfield as example) but the ammount of chances he could have created with a good through ball  is incredible, and sometimes painful to watch.

Is Benteke great? yes. Is he worth 20mil+? Probably? Is he an intelligent player? I dont think so

Really? I respect your opinion but disagree. I think Betneke is an incredibly intelligent player, I don't think he has much faith in the players around him though. Last season he looked like he was trying to do it all on his own. Whereas the season before he didn't. Maybe he believed his own hype too much? But stick him in a team with other brilliant footballers and I think you would see a different side to him. 

Edited by PieFacE

I see both sides of the argument. I think on the ball Benteke can be intelligent and surrounded by better players would show this more. But off the ball he can be very unintelligent. He is poor at reading the line which results in him being offside numerous times a game. Some of his movement in creating space isn't always the best.

I see both sides of the argument. I think on the ball Benteke can be intelligent and surrounded by better players would show this more. But off the ball he can be very unintelligent. He is poor at reading the line which results in him being offside numerous times a game. Some of his movement in creating space isn't always the best.

Could it not be that our players are too slow to see the pass and release the ball to him? 

Could it not be that our players are too slow to see the pass and release the ball to him? 

Very true - if you think back to Angel  - at times he was the same - read the game but the ball was not laid off quick enough so would get caught offside. The only time I think Angel had the service was when Merse was in the midfiled and he had an eye for the pass at the right time. We could do with someone like him now (maybe Cole in a way) and that might be a benefit to the whole team not just the striker(s)

Ridiculous. Romelu Lukaku is a very, very good footballer and at the same level as Christian Benteke. Not being good enough for Chelsea, or Mourinho in this matter, is also nothing to be ashamed about. Juan Mata was "not good enough" last season and I'm sure there are other players I could mention. Mourinho wants Chelsea to be the best team in the world and Lukaku doesn't fit his plans, fair enough - very few do. Doesn't mean he is awful, just means he isn't world-class.

Lukaku is smart, he isn't just about using brute force. He can control the ball and drill shots in the corner, just like Benteke.

Would like to see us try to get Lukaku in on loan. I know we couldn't  afford his wages last time, but in terms of our level of desperation now he'd be worth it. Him and Benteke up top would be a terrifying proposition, and I'm sure there'd be plenty of backing for that kind of move in Belgium

Â