Christian Benteke

Kwan

As much as I can see the cash + Torres deal with Atletico happening, I think they'd still need another striker. Torres is hardly his old self and although going back there could reignite his career somewhat, he is still getting no younger and it is probably more likely that he'd flop.

I guess it depends on where they finish, but if they somehow win La Liga they'll be looking for much better than Torres IMO. 

Torres is an Atletico Madrid icon, the fans adore him there so it would be a popular move.

I think he's a busted flush at prem level but who's to say he won't find La Liga a bit easier?

I personally think Chelsea's three strikers next year will be Costa, Lukaku and Eto'o. Mourinho only ever plays 1 upfront so you don't need 4.

Benteke is currently the joint 14th highest goalscorer in the Premier League. I can see him being with us for a year or two yet.

I think it is evident that there is more to his game than goals though, plus he has had injury problems and so on.

If we here on VT can see it, I'm sure professional scouts and such can see it too.

He's a decent enough player, but I think his value might be a little underrated in regards to potential buyers. Of course, we all think he's worth somewhere in the £25-£35m range, but I'd be surprised if anyone would go more than £20m. One day, maybe, but not yet.

I would'nt be at all surprised to see him here next season.

• Like 1

He's a decent enough player, but I think his value might be a little underrated in regards to potential buyers. Of course, we all think he's worth somewhere in the £25-£35m range, but I'd be surprised if anyone would go more than £20m. One day, maybe, but not yet.

With my claret and blue tinted specs smashed on the floor - he is far better than decent.

I personally think Chelsea's three strikers next year will be Costa, Lukaku and Eto'o. Mourinho only ever plays 1 upfront so you don't need 4.

Eto'o only signed a 1 year deal. I'd be very surprised if he was there next season. He'll probably go to Qatar or MLS or something.

With my claret and blue tinted specs smashed on the floor - he is far better than decent.

He is, especially to us....but I still think other clubs would undervalue him.

I think you have to look at it from the perspective that really Benteke is quite unique in style.

Crouch is probably as close to Benteke in style in the Premiership that your going to get but Crouch really doesn't have the same upper body strength and is certainly not as explosive.

For those reasons alone in a better team than ours Benteke would be magnificent and near on impossible to deal with. If we do sell him then it shouldn't be for a penny less than 30m and going to Arsenal would possibly see Wenger lifting the Premiership title again before he retires.

Benteke is simply that good because there's nothing he can't do.

As I thought when he put the transfer request .. His agent gave him the advise .. Because it was going to be a win/win situation ..

Either moving to another team with high wages , Or give him more wages here ..

I really think he cares about the team , He seems happy to work with Lambert ..

But the question is how long he'll stay confident ? Hopefully we could improve a lot as a team in the coming games !

Hopefully a win tomorrow at OT !

I disagree Gentleman I think he has got what he can from us now and for his development he should move to a CL club to improve.

It would be best for us if a happy Benteke stayed.

It would be excellent for us and CB. It would do him the world of good staying with us for a few more seasons to sharpen his ability and maturity, sadly he is not ready for the demands of a CL club yet.

Besides, I am not convinced another club will meet our high valuation of Christian this summer, unless he produces top quality form from now until the end of the WC.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I'm not sure that it would be Benteke's interests to wait until he is around 25/26 before joining a top club when he isn't far off one now. We should be grateful if we can get one more season out of him.

I'm not sure that it would be Benteke's interests to wait until he is around 25/26 before joining a top club when he isn't far off one now. We should be grateful if we can get one more season out of him.

He is happy and has security at this football club, it will not be detrimental to his career if he stays here for another season or two. Furthermore, 25/26 is the right age for him to perform at his peak and have the maturity to succeed at a Champions League club. 

Eto'o only signed a 1 year deal. I'd be very surprised if he was there next season. He'll probably go to Qatar or MLS or something.

Swap Eto for Drogba who's on a free but I still think they'll get another one just no for massive money so hopefully that rules them out! Can't see Arsenal paying what we would want. So I reckon IF he goes it'll be abroad

Swap Eto for Drogba who's on a free but I still think they'll get another one just no for massive money so hopefully that rules them out! Can't see Arsenal paying what we would want. So I reckon IF he goes it'll be abroad

Yeah pretty sure Eto has already said he's off and Jose wants the Drog back. Can't see tekkers ending up there.

Â