Christian Benteke

Kwan

Do we need am excuse to bash agents? Parasitic Leeches.

Agreed, players should use advisers before agents.  They would have no financial interest in them moving clubs, rather what is best for the player.

Dortmund have already confirmed Adrian Ramos as Lewandowski's replacement. I think Atleti is a better shout given that they will almost certainly lose Costa in the summer.

Dortmund have already confirmed Adrian Ramos as Lewandowski's replacement. I think Atleti is a better shout given that they will almost certainly lose Costa in the summer.

thing with Costa is Chelsea will probably use Lukaku as bait for any striker they go for and think maybe Atleti will take him as part of deal

If he was going to go anywhere, Atleti would be favoured destination. They spent £35m on Falcao so it isn't like they haven't spent big before on a striker.

Apparently Costa is set to move to Chelsea for £40m though, which is what could possibly mess that situation up should Torres head in the other direction.

thing with Costa is Chelsea will probably use Lukaku as bait for any striker they go for and think maybe Atleti will take him as part of deal

Good point actually

Ramos is quality but Benteke reminds me more of Lewandowski and Dortmund likely will want some depth. Dortmund make smart signings, and Benteke would be a decent investment. He just seems like their type of signing. 

Ramos is quality but Benteke reminds me more of Lewandowski and Dortmund likely will want some depth. Dortmund make smart signings, and Benteke would be a decent investment. He just seems like their type of signing. 

but they wont pay the 25-30 million fee I hope we are demanding

Borussia Dortmund seldom pay over the odds for players. They spent 24M on Mkhitaryan in the summer, but they had a lot of money from selling Götze. They also spent 15M on Reus, but that was a bargain if I ever saw one. They will never pay something like 20-25M on Benteke, he just isn't proven enough to command such a figure from such a club. Sure other clubs have the money and loosely spend it, but I think Dortmund is a no-go. Spurs are a club he would love to play for I presume, but it all depends on who manages them next season. I doubt Sherwood would make way for Benteke by pushing out Adebayor (who has been pretty good this season) or Soldado (as few clubs like to admit failure after one season - see Torres). However, another manager could make drastic changes and bring the big guy in.

Arsenal could be interested, but I think Wenger likes his strikers to be mobile a la Suarez, Rooney or Henry, or extremely technical like Bergkamp or Van Persie. Benteke is neither. Wouldn't be surprised though, Wenger has made a lot of signings that a based on future promise and Benteke can suddenly turn into something very special when he is 26 years old. Same goes for Liverpool, they basically have Suarez and Sturridge an no-one else, if they want to challenge on all fronts they need more backup. Chelsea don't need him since they have his twin Lukaku, Man Utd will surely buy a proven star if they do spend and Man City needs no further analysis. Atletico will probably sell Costa, they are an option. Then you have the Italian clubs, they always like to buy strikers and he would be a good fit for most of the top clubs down there.

I can't see that we'd accept a makeweight as part of any deal.  For a start, any senior player like Ba will be earning wages that we simply won't match.  If Lambert is trusted with any of the money from the sale of Benteke if it happens, I think at most he'd be given another £7m and told to find a replacement.

If it were last season then I'd agree Mickjacobjr but unless he score 5 goals before the end of the year and has a decent world cup I don't think we will get it.

As for Risso there is nothing to suggest we wouldn't get the vast majority of the money from any player being sold now after the work you and another guy did on the accounts.

His wages may be a problem I have NO idea what he is on at Chelsea but they may pay part of them.

It's all subjective at the moment anyway I just feel if we get into another situation with him like last year we should rid ourselves of the issue.

I heard the same thing Chris but it's all paper talk I don't buy much into it unless I get quotation marks or see a video of the person talking about it.

By the way Lukaku asked to go on loan, I think there is a manager/player problem.

Â