Christian Benteke

Kwan

No chance Lukaku would come in....he's been with Everton in the top 6 all season so he wouldn't go back to mid table, he did that at WBA.

I personally think he'll get a chance at Chelsea. Maybe Demba Ba might be an option for us? Limited but has a very good goalscoring record whether he's been, similar to Darren Bent really.....

Kismit going on about his future.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-christian-bentekes-3289157

Christian Benteke's agent has admitted he will decide the Aston Villa striker's future after the World Cup.

Benteke is tied to the Villans until 2017 after signing a £40,000-a-week contract extension last summer, but that came after agent Eric Kismet advised him to hand in a transfer request.

Now, as the 23-year-old gears up to play for Belgium in this summer's finals in Brazil, Kismet has said: “He wants to get ready for the World Cup. For the future, there is time. Currently it is too early to talk about it.”

Villa Park officials have privately conceded the club may struggle to keep Benteke if he has a storming World Cup in Brazil.

Arsenal, Tottenham and AC Milan have been previously linked with 6ft 3in Benteke, who has 11 goals this term after netting 23 in his debut English season to help Villa beat relegation.

I wanna punch Kismit in the face

What this agent does is use his better clients for meal tickets, i mean look at Mounir El-Hadaoui his only other high profile client, he is 29 and had 6 clubs and 2 on loan already in career, every season he looks for new club for his clients just to boost his money up.

Benteke signed a new deal last summer, we should hold the cards not that idiot Kismit

• Like 1

I can see Benteke being here next season only unless he has a stormer of a world cup, bangs in 5+ goals (or winning the golden boot) which would sky-rocket his valuation (£30m+) - if that were the case, I'd hope we'd sell him abroad than to another Prem team.

At Madrid will most likely be looking for a new striker with the almost daily speculation surrounding Diego Costa moving and I don't think anyone would begrudge him a move like that if it surfaced.

I think Kismet would be a great agent to have if you were a player - very pragmatic and opportunistic. Bit of a nightmare for everyone else but then I suppose that's the job.

I agree to an extent, but he's obviously had this put in the paper and if I were Christian I wouldn't be happy with quotes like this:

"Christian Benteke's agent has admitted he will decide the Aston Villa striker's future after the World Cup."

He's his own man, surely he himself should decide his future. This Kismet fool reminds me of the Russian guy who pretty much owns Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

Edited by samjp26

My main reservation about selling him would be that no matter how good Gabby looked earlier in the season ", he's not score huge amounts and he has gone off the boil a bit as per usual. Wiemann has also shown he isn't up to being the main striker as his goals have tailed off as well...

We'd need to buy a goal scorer to replace him, but how easy is that? Without him, we could struggle again.

My main reservation about selling him would be that no matter how good Gabby looked earlier in the season ", he's not score huge amounts and he has gone off the boil a bit as per usual. Wiemann has also shown he isn't up to being the main striker as his goals have tailed off as well...

We'd need to buy a goal scorer to replace him, but how easy is that? Without him, we could struggle again.

The important thing is using the money to fill other areas as well, not just on another goal scorer. Benteke's goals haven't actually been that vital to us this season as they were last. If we improve the midfield we will be more creative hopefully so even the likes of Kozak and Weimann could score enough between them. Of course if we do find another Benteke it would be marvellous, buying them young, developing them and selling them for big money is a very healthy thing to do.

From the smallest little quote its amazing what headlines and surrounding text these people can put with it. Surely by now most people have accepted that he is the type to move on without hesitation and that he probably will this summer anyway.

don't understand the agent bashing, all he said was

He wants to get ready for the World Cup. For the future, there is time. Currently it is too early to talk about it

I just don't like how it's his agents choice as to what happens or that is how it seems.

It is true though, Benteke will move on when the right move is there for him, without a shadow of a doubt.

don't understand the agent bashing, all he said was

He wants to get ready for the World Cup. For the future, there is time. Currently it is too early to talk about it

I just don't like how it's his agents choice as to what happens or that is how it seems.

It is true though, Benteke will move on when the right move is there for him, without a shadow of a doubt.

but agent never said it was his choice. that just a headline the Mirror added

I wouldn't blame him for moving to a 'proper' CL club. He is obviously a different class to every player in our squad and he will have 'saved' us from relegation 2 seasons in a row so he needs a more to improve himself.

I wouldn't blame him for moving to a 'proper' CL club. He is obviously a different class to every player in our squad and he will have 'saved' us from relegation 2 seasons in a row so he needs a more to improve himself.

how has he saved us this season?

Â