Christian Benteke

Kwan

He is the type of player who needs to be running at the ball to get the best out of him, we generally use him to hold the ball up with his back to goal, we are using him wrong and doing him an injustice. I have no doubt if he changed teams he will flourish.

We have seen he is decent with ball at feet but he is just used as a target man to flick the ball on.God only knows why Lambert has paired him alongside Holt twice now ..

Whats his problem? miss after miss. Had a tap in today and missed the ball! Always fails to release the ball quick enough, Deserves to be dropped he cant be kept in from last seasons form

Dropped? For who? Holt? Or Bowery?

Our other attackers today - Gabby, Holt, Weimann - what did they even do as they were next to invisible except from a couple of good moments from Gabby and Weimann?

When he leaves us for a better team he's going to be  unstoppable 

It is beginning to look more like an`if' than a `when'. We were all elated when he stayed in the summer, but in hindsight I wonder if it might not have been better had he been sold then, provided the money from his sale had been reinvested in the team, and provided that Lambert would have been capable of using the money sensibly.

Benteke staying with the club was the correct decision. If he had left what message would that of sent to the other player's. They would of wanted to leave too. It may of started a domino effect. Also he has had some good performances, especially at the start of the season. If Benteke had left I believe the club would have been in a worse position. I'm not confident the £25 million would have been invested wisely.

Benteke staying with the club was the correct decision. If he had left what message would that of sent to the other player's. They would of wanted to leave too. It may of started a domino effect. Also he has had some good performances, especially at the start of the season. If Benteke had left I believe the club would have been in a worse position. I'm not confident the £25 million would have been invested wisely.

Would have to agree with this.

I'm not confident that the £25m would have been invested at all

• Like 3

I know benteke is a lot better than we saw saturday but i have to admit i don't think he is the player i thought he was, talk about our tactics and being a marked man and all the rest of it but he just hasn't looked the same. Plenty of strikers have been ridiculous for a season and then faded away.

• Like 1

Teams have worked us out this season. Mark the strikers i.e Benteke out the game and we don't have much else. All we do is by pass our midfield to the strikers its not to hard to defend against. Benteke has been nullified by shite tactics.

Give him service and he will do the business

• Like 1

I'm not confident that the £25m would have been invested at all

Agree with this too. But I think this summer, whether Benteke is sold or not, will give us an indication of whether Lerner intends to put adequate money into the team.

Teams have worked us out this season. Mark the strikers i.e Benteke out the game and we don't have much else. All we do is by pass our midfield to the strikers its not to hard to defend against. Benteke has been nullified by shite tactics.

Give him service and he will do the business

Step up Albrighton.

• Like 1

Benteke looked a lot more dangerous once Albrighton came on,hes never going to score unless he gets the ball.

Hard to argue with this. ;)

Edit: I mean the second sentence. Can't bold text with IPad. :(

Edited by AVTuco

Â