Christian Benteke

Kwan

That might actually be the problem we'll have to face when Benteke is looking to move at the end of this season. His value might sore with another good season behind him but who will actually be able to afford our valuation when no-one would pay 25m in the previous window?

The value soars to what the richest team after him will pay. That's all. As they say - a player is worth what a team will pay for him. No more and no less than that. An arbitrary value of £40m is literally meaningless if there is no-one out there to pay it, and by extension that would mean he wouldn't be worth the £40m.

I'm not worried at all tbh.  I tend to believe it has already been agreed that he'll move with our (AVFC's) blessing in the summer and I'm completely comortable with that.  I'll just enjoy him while he's here and be glad we got another season from him when it looked like we mightn't.  In terms of value, if he continues doing what he's doing then there'll be plenty of sides around Yurp willing to spend in and around the £30m+ mark for him in the summer. 

I'm not worried at all tbh.  I tend to believe it has already been agreed that he'll move with our (AVFC's) blessing in the summer and I'm completely comortable with that.  I'll just enjoy him while he's here and be glad we got another season from him when it looked like we mightn't.  In terms of value, if he continues doing what he's doing then there'll be plenty of sides around Yurp willing to spend in and around the £30m+ mark for him in the summer. 

Absolutely

He's going to go,  surely we all realise that?  We can't hope to keep a player like that at our level?  However what he can do is help us get to a level where we can hope to attract and retain players of that quality,  he does the business for us this season then he will move to a club in a better stratosphere than Plop or Spurts and we get extra dosh to invest,  whilst also having a season of him keeping us in the division and showing his replacements how to do it

Wins all round

• Like 1

We're actually showing an ability to play teams off the pitch at times. Granted it's inconsistent at times, but becoming less so in recent games.

Maintaining a focus and a high tempo game is extremely demanding and with a relatively young side, that can tax the footballing brain of a few players.

But it's coming.

Which games do you think we've played teams off the pitch?

I think he meant we go through phases in games where teams can't get the ball. Phases where we can look irresistable at times and play superb football. We just need to do it more, and preferably not exclusively in the 2nd half of games either. I don't think he means entire games.

I think he meant we go through phases in games where teams can't get the ball. Phases where we can look irresistable at times and play superb football. We just need to do it more, and preferably not exclusively in the 2nd half of games either. I don't think he means entire games.

Aaaah I see. That makes more sense :)

But to be fair, I still disagree. i've seen very little of what you just suggested. :P

Edited by PieFacE

Personally I'd take Pogba, Llorente + 20m for Benteke :P Regarding the City game, we were outplayed for the first 45 minutes, then slowly started getting into our stride, could of been 3/4 or even 5 before half-time. Our first goal was offside, but makes up for the Chelsea result, the second was a piece of class from Bacuna and the third was City kicking themselves in the balls the way they conceded the goal.

We're actually showing an ability to play teams off the pitch at times. Granted it's inconsistent at times, but becoming less so in recent games.

Maintaining a focus and a high tempo game is extremely demanding and with a relatively young side, that can tax the footballing brain of a few players.

But it's coming.

GREAT question, certainly love to know the answer to that one as well

But it's coming.

GREAT question, certainly love to know the answer to that one as well

It's been answered above. Don't let that get in the way of a dig though.

Previous page. You know what I meant.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I can't see an answer above ?

I can't see an answer above ?

Short sighted - says a lot

Possibly more down to the fact that StigVillan HASN'T replied and answered the question actually!

Unless you're seeing something that we aren't

Agree, BOF, I've also seen a lot of these 10-seconds-long phases ;)

• Like 1

Â