Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke wil not start/play against wales because aprearently wilmots promised the villa staf that benteke won't play if it wasn't nessencary. altough he might get some minutes if he feels he's ready.

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 3

Yes against teams like Spurs we cannot afford not to start without our best player.

like Man City then

We got lucky in that one. Benteke must start. We showed no attacking threat without him at hull!

Yes against teams like Spurs we cannot afford not to start without our best player.

like Man City then

Cut it out. That was a blatant smash and grab victory.

good teams win when outplayed, we played very well at Chelsea yet still lost

So you're saying the aim should be to play poorly in every game, so we win?

Of course he isn't & you know it.

Which part of his post suggested any such thing?

With regards Benteke, Lambert replaced Sylla when Westwood was fit again recently. He's not frightened to make changes like this so I'd expect Benteke to start on Sunday.

like Man City then

It was a great result, but we were comprehensively outplayed.

And Spurs are at City's level at the moment.

West Ham at City's level too? Spurs have been riding their luck scraping a 1-0 against a very poor Palace among others. I imagine they will get better as the season progresses but they have been seriously over-rated so far.

like Man City then

Firstly, hat was out of necessity. Secondly, it was a fluke result. 99% of the time we will lose games where we are outplayed as we were against City.

Edited by Isa

Linked with Juventus for 17 mill

:bang:

Will never happen. Juve are a great club but the money is just not there to sign the likes of Benteke. They have only just admitted that they will probably be forced to sell Pogba if they receive a high bid for him.

like Man City then

Firstly, hat was out of necessity. Secondly, it was a fluke result. 99% of the time we will lose games where we are outplayed as we were against City.

Yet we still won... 3 points on the board. Staggers me why we're so quick to discredit anything good in the club.

like Man City then

Yet we still won... 3 points on the board. Staggers me why we're so quick to discredit anything good in the club.

It's not discrediting the result or anything, it's more just saying winning that way isn't sustainable. Villa had really 3 decent chances (1 was offside) and converted all of them. The defending was good and I agree city didn't create a lot, but over the course of a season if you play like that a team will lose a lot more than it will win.

• Like 1

like Man City then

Would you rather we delude ourselves into thinking we thoroughly deserved to win?

Â