Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wonder why Benteke seemed to be playing out wide for a lot of the game last night?

There was quite a bit of swapping around throughout the entire side. Bacuna actually found himself playing as a forward during a couple of spells.

Had a bit of a Benteke discussion with a lad at work today who suggested that CB would end up wishing he'd gone to Spurs. I replied that he's too good for a club like Tottenham and that one day he'll play for one of the big European sides like Barca or Real. He laughed at that idea, but i genuinely feel that he has the ability to go that far.

Had a bit of a Benteke discussion with a lad at work today who suggested that CB would end up wishing he'd gone to Spurs. I replied that he's too good for a club like Tottenham and that one day he'll play for one of the big European sides like Barca or Real. He laughed at that idea, but i genuinely feel that he has the ability to go that far.

On the contrary I think Benteke will be glad he didn't go to Spurs. I think he'll go on to bigger and better teams than them.

Just said exactly that to my brother.

Benteke will have at least one Champions League Winners medal minimum at some stage in his career. I wouldn't bet against a Golden Boot award at a World Cup either.

It's gonna happen.

Can we just lock this thread please, it's really dull, I mean there's nothing to debate. He's class, end of. Very strong, awesome in the air, world class finisher with both feet, good close control, can unlock defences with superb passing. A fault? ermmmm... He can lose his temper from time to time. 

no :( where am i suposed to go if this tread shuts down?

• Like 1

Can we just lock this thread please, it's really dull, I mean there's nothing to debate. He's class, end of. Very strong, awesome in the air, world class finisher with both feet, good close control, can unlock defences with superb passing. A fault? ermmmm... He can lose his temper from time to time. 

The Lestienne thread when it's open :)

I've told you before, you are one of us now like it or not you are stuck with Villa for life even when Benteke is a nationalised Brazilian and Barca's new number 9.

I've told you before, you are one of us now like it or not you are stuck with Villa for life even when Benteke is a nationalised Brazilian and Barca's new number 9.

haha :P but i mean i always camp on tis topic i have no other topic to stay on :(

There is always something to say about Benteke, why should it be closed.

I cannot say enough good things about him....but he ain't playing that great at the moment.

The club is crying out for a playmaker....it's these sort of procrastinating things over the years that has led to losing players like Benteke.

Edited by TRO

Don't be such a philistine...there are another 10 players that play for Aston VIlla.

I understand your interest from a nationalistic point of view, but from a footballing point of view it does'nt stop me admiring the rest of the Belgian Squad.

For me Luc Nilis was a player from Belgium who could occupy all our thoughts....what a player. Christian is not the first from your shores.

It will endear you to this forum a bit more if you expanded your thoughts a bit broader than our favourite son Christian Benteke, despite our support for him.

• Like 1

Don't be such a philistine...there are another 10 players that play for Aston VIlla.

I understand your interest from a nationalistic point of view, but from a footballing point of view it does'nt stop me admiring the rest of the Belgian Squad.

For me Luc Nilis was a player from Belgium who could occupy all our thoughts....what a player. Christian is not the first from your shores.

It will endear you to this forum a bit more if you expanded your thoughts a bit broader than our favourite son Christian Benteke, despite our support for him.

or we could just sign more Belgians! Works for me! :)

• Like 1

I like Belgian Guy, I like his posts and his support of Christian is admirable, I dont have that kind of support for anybody in the England national team. He has also posted in other areas of the forum, I really like his Belgian talents thread in Other Football.

I wish we had people in the English squad that I could support as much as BG supports Christian, at the moment, for me anyway, there isn't. Im glad to have a forum where people from Belgium can post about Benteke, fans of Aalborg post about Helenius, the fans of Nordsjaelland comment on Okore and the odd nutter who pretends to be a Pirate in all of their posts are here. It adds something to the forum you dont get on the likes of RAWK.

Similarly, I'm not bothered if Belgian Guy supports Villa or not, if my favourite player signed for another club, I may hold an interest in that club but I wouldn't support them.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 3

To be fair I nearly always Belgian Guy in the match thread when we're playing and I doubt he even knew who we were before Big Chris. 

Let's be nice ey, we're all on here for the same reason after all and I'm sure he'll become more accustomed to our other players over time.

• Like 4

Â