Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think if he avoids serious injury, he could easily score 25 next season. The problem as others have noted is that he will now be a marked man. Last year no one knew about him until the end of the season.

I think if he avoids serious injury, he could easily score 25 next season. The problem as others have noted is that he will now be a marked man. Last year no one knew about him until the end of the season.

He's been known since the turn of the year. The fact that he still went on to score tons of goals despite that show what a good player he is.

Edited by Mantis

We as Villa fans were aware of his talent from an early stage, possibly that game at Anfield in December, maybe even earlier. But I think first time other fans and players actually took any notice of him was the 3-3 game at Goodison Park. Thats when the hype started and grew from there.

Edited by Voinjama

We as Villa fans were aware of his talent from an early stage, possibly that game at Anfield in December, maybe even earlier. But I think first time other fans and players actually took any notice of him was the 3-3 game at Goodison Park. Thats when the hype started and grew from there.

I'm serious, that was the game that made him known to the rest of the country. He was definitely known since then.

As for us, I'd say we were raving about him since that Swindon game.

Feck me if he keeps knocking them in like that with the window yet to close.....

Do you think suitors will arise because a striker valued at £25m+ scored a hat-trick in a friendly game against lower league opposition?

Re being heavily marked. This isn't such a bad thing, providing the team keep developing then it will give more space for the others, especially late runs from midfield.

Plus he's class, there's no way he will be kept out the game, all game (it will happen sometimes)

Personally the only way I see Benteke going now is if Tottenham sell Bale for £80+ million and decide to throw a good £40+ million of it at us. Since Benteke signed that new deal it has likely made him a largely unattractive prospect regardless of how good he is as he now costs even more than he did at the start of the window. He could start the season with consecutive hat-tricks against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool taking us top of the league with 9 points and he would still be largely unattractive as we'd just command even more money than we would be now. 

Â