Christian Benteke

Kwan

Woke up this morning.

Checked Facebook while eating breakfast.

Aston Villa FC - Official - "Christian Benteke agrees a contract extension to keep him at Villa until 2017."

Me: "Holy ****!"

Jump out of my chair and send my Weet-Bix flying.

"***!" 

• Like 4

We will finish in the top half. We have a good chance of finishing in the top 8. We can finish in the top 6. There I've said it. Feel free to quote me on this at the end of the season.

• Like 2

I'm all for optimism, but I'm wary of people getting carried away. We'll still do well to finish top half, there are other teams who already had better squads than us who have strengthened as well. I'd be very happy with a top ten finish for this season. Top six is crazy talk, in my opinion. 

I'm all for optimism, but I'm wary of people getting carried away. We'll still do well to finish top half, there are other teams who already had better squads than us who have strengthened as well. I'd be very happy with a top ten finish for this season. Top six is crazy talk, in my opinion.

It's just my Benteke high speaking. Given that Everton have lost Moyes though I think we are good candidates for the top 8.

Now that we're almost certain to keep Benteke I really don't see why top 8 hopes should even be controversial.

We've strengthened the defence, added some promising-looking players to an already potent attack, and our young side is a year older. The margin between 7th and 15th is not very big, and I think we'll make up most of that with the way the team is shaping up this year.

It's just my Benteke high speaking. Given that Everton have lost Moyes though I think we are good candidates for the top 8.

With West Brom losing Lukaku, I think they are prime candidates to drop out of the top 8 too. Anelka isn't a replacement either I don't think, similar to when we had Pires for a season. Their chairman admitting they are an 'over performing championship side' probably shows their true ambitions and objectives too - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-chairman-jeremy-4731583

Was so so happy to wake up to the Benteke news this morning though. I saw a friend had posted in a mates facebook group and presumed it was just a tabloid saying he was staying, then saw the official club post and virtually jumped out of bed! 

Hope this forum goes back to analysis of Benteke's strengths and goals now. Lambert said he's a fair bit behind the other lads but it sounds like he'll be involved in preseason games somewhere. Perhaps Walsall or Shamrock Rovers the earliest we should be thinking we might see might playing again. 

VERY late to this news, is it too late to tell SPUDS to kill themsleves without seeming like a sadist?

Go right ahead

As I always say...

Its NEVER too late to tell Spurs or their fans to go and kill themselves

Bit late to be posting on a Friday night lads. Chill out

Woke up this morning.

Checked Facebook while eating breakfast.

Aston Villa FC - Official - "Christian Benteke agrees a contract extension to keep him at Villa until 2017."

Me: "Holy ****!"

Jump out of my chair and send my Weet-Bix flying.

"***!" 

I get my football news from VT, but still :) :) :)

Â