Christian Benteke

Kwan

People do get info. I work in football and I know how it works.  Someone somewhere will know info about deals going on and they will tell people. News filters through.  Only a small amount of people do know though.  

Vf1970, let it go this vendetta against people who get share what information they know or have come across.Just because people get bits and pieces on some things of does not mean they get told about everything, there may be good reasons why they don't by the way and one may be simply availability. I seems to get to you a lot as you seem to make lots of posts having a go at those people , just let it go man and if they do post stuff (and I'd be amazed why they would want to bother anymore to be honest) take it with a pinch of salt if you want, or enjoy what they post

They don't exist though, its all lies. Unless your Lambert that is!They are posting for the attention, because if you are told anything then it could always change. E.g I could know someone who is friends with a player, Villa try and sign them i say Villa tried then nothing happened, it collapsed. I told everyone for attention in the first place rather than just waiting and seeing.

Vf1970, let it go this vendetta against people who get share what information they know or have come across.Just because people get bits and pieces on some things of does not mean they get told about everything, there may be good reasons why they don't by the way and one may be simply availability. I seems to get to you a lot as you seem to make lots of posts having a go at those people , just let it go man and if they do post stuff (and I'd be amazed why they would want to bother anymore to be honest) take it with a pinch of salt if you want, or enjoy what they post

They don't exist though, its all lies. Unless your Lambert that is!They are posting for the attention, because if you are told anything then it could always change. E.g I could know someone who is friends with a player, Villa try and sign them i say Villa tried then nothing happened, it collapsed. I told everyone for attention in the first place rather than just waiting and seeing.

VF, Hairy Hands is DEFINITELY in the know! That guy is genuine. I understand there's a lot of rubbish on here and elsewhere but HH is the real deal.

Things move fast in the world of ITK's.

Now let me be clear - I am no way ITK.

However, I do know some ex Villa professionals & they do tell me things that go on behind the scenes from time to time. Things that I would never discuss on here.

The point is though, sometimes well informed ITK's are just victims of circumstance & fast moving events.

I bet you any ITK's reading this post will identify exactly where I am coming from with this.

The problem is that some well informed ITK's are tainted with the same brush as those who are just on this site attention seeking & end up being ridiculed along with them.

Just to re-iterate I am definitely not ITK.

However, to anyone who genuinely is ITK (eg HH) please continue to post irrespective of any potential abuse.

Failing that you can pm me potential info anytime you have it with a cast iron assurance of non disclosure & discretion guaranteed.

The bottom line is we all thirst for snippets of breaking news & information about `The Villa` because we all love our great old club so much.

Keep it all coming - that's my motto :)

He really has **** himself over.  Spurs will not pay £25m + for him.  He will be stuck at Villa for another year and will have to do a hell of a lot to build his bridges with the club.

Say whaaaaaaaat!  Well tbh if he scores the goals, fans will soon forget.  Fickle lot we are!

Hold on..didn't we pay £18m upfront for Bent and the rest in installments and that's the reason Sunderland accepted because they needed the money?

Nope, it was an £18m fee and the rest as add-ons. The fee would've been in installments. We're probably still owing some money on him

He really has **** himself over.  Spurs will not pay £25m + for him.  He will be stuck at Villa for another year and will have to do a hell of a lot to build his bridges with the club.

Say whaaaaaaaat!  Well tbh if he scores the goals, fans will soon forget.  Fickle lot we are!

Ha ha ha! That original post was very prophetic omariqy.

Spurs did not come up with the dosh. He is stuck (if that's the right word) at VP for another year & the bridges have already been built. :)

Good to see you dig out one of your own original posts too which  highlights the genuine feelings of many of the fans on this site at that time too.

Good to hear he's staying on for now. The lad is easily talked into things though. Around agent, he does agents bidding. Soon as he lands back at training, he does club's bidding. If i was a salesman, i'd feel quite positive knocking on Christian's door.

Still, i'll never be able to look at him the same way again after reading this thread. Why did someone have to mention those little alien ears, i never noticed them before! It's all i see when i look at him now! :wacko:

I think the truth is Villa are in a difficult position and most of the power lies with Benteke and how much he wants to move. The second factor is how much premium potential buyers place in doing a deal early. Basically Benteks and his agents bargaining position is very strong, but no one is discussing this and hence I used the term "false tone."

Hahahaha what a load of bollocks.

Happy that he's staying. But his goals will taste bittersweet from now on. I prefer to be under the illusion that our players actually wants to play for the club and have some affinity towards it and the fans. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

the fact that he has signed a new contract and has said what he has should be good enough for you. They are professional at the end of the day

You mean the fact that the brilliant plan of handing in a transfer request to reduce the clubs asking price in order to leave failed, and he had to come crawling back? 

Besides, who are you to tell me what should be "good enough" for me or not? Sorry for getting all defensive, but when a player who plays for Aston Villa hand in a transfer request I get butthurt. I don't see signing a new contract with a hefty wage bump as a road to redemption.But hey, he's staying and I'm sure he'll bang in those goals next season too, helping us climb the table and he'll get his deserved move to a real top club. Happy days! However his name will never grace one of my Aston Villa shirts.

That being said, had his request come after two or more, good consecutive seasons my tone would have been different.

CB is obviously a very ambitious guy and wants to compete at the highest level, being honest he's never going to get that at villa so will need to move at some point just not yet. The transfer request was misadvised and premature and was almost certainly caused by his dick of an agent.

I have no bad feelings towards CB as after all none of us know the full story, I'm just glad I'll be watching his brilliant football in a Villa shirt for at least another season. Good times are coming to VP.

Nice to see a lot of Spurs fans on their forums saying good luck to us and fair play. Shame the Spurs fans on here haven't done the same, although I guess it takes a particular type of fan to sign up to another team's forum and gloat before even completing a deal...

As for being fickle - most of the ill feeling towards Benteke was based on the assumption he would leave after one season...now that he'll be here for two all is forgiven. I look forward to an Aston Villa player being top scorer at the World Cup next year and then I'll be happy for him to sign for a genuinely big club.

• Like 1

Great News!! So glad we have him for at least another season.

I'm still laughing at the Spurs ITKs with their 4 sources saying that he would sign for them this week and going on about contract length and fees  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

• Like 1

I'm off to get some kip, but, before I do, I offer up a toast. 

To Hairy Hands, to Christian Benteke, to Paul Lambert, Randy Lerner, Paul Faulkner, Yacouba Sylla, VT, Aston Villa fans worldwide, Crackpot Foreigner, Belgian Guy, the Mods, Paul McGrath, Pat McMahon, Bruce Rioch, Peter McParland,Tommy Docherty, William McGregor, Dennis Mortimer, Peter Withe, Fred Turnbull, Willie Anderson, Chico Hamilton, Keith Leonard, Andy Lochhead, Sammy Morgan, Jimmy Brown,Alex Cropley, Terry Weir, Johnny Dixon, The Holte-End :

" God Bless Aston Villa & all who follow her. In Lambert we trust."

Today has been a monumental day in the renaissance of the World's greatest ever Football club. Villa legends one & all.

• Like 4

Â