Christian Benteke

Kwan

I love how someone has actually gone to BMH. If he thinks they will be training on the front pitches, he's got another thing coming.

but he still has to go in through the entrance so we'll know if he's there

Well he should be there by now? They start coming out at around 12-1pm

Bit weird that we haven't heard anything at all yet. You'd think Sky Sports News would have Pete posted at the entrance like they did this morning for Rooney and Bale.

Guess we aren't worth the effort!

Petes day off and the other guy hasn't tweeted anything.

Pete Colley @petecolley 15h

At my daughters graduation tomorrow Villains but the @Dorselator will keep you updated on SSN :) Villa taking the stance you had your chance

Well if I were a Villa player being a Villa fan with it (such as Gabby) I'd find it hard to act as though nothing happened.

To be honest, as much as Gabby obviously loves the club, I'd imagine if Spurs were offering 20 odd million for him and offering to triple his wages, he'd probably be making the move himself.

Exactly.  If spurs came in for any of our players they would be willing to make the move.

How do you know this exactly?  I'm pretty sure most of our players would stick around at Villa as they seem to  have all bought into what Lambert is trying to do.  

It is my opinion, spurs are pushing for a CL, they are a step up from us at present.  Do you really think players do not want to play CL or a team who have a chance of playing in it.  That they would not like a huge pay rise.  How do you know they have all brought into what Lambert is doing?. 

Because our players (apart from one) all seem to be renewing their contracts and publicly stating that they like what's happening at Villa.  They obviously have the belief that Villa are on the way back up and I'm pretty sure the majority of them who have been in English football for a while, know very well that Spurs are not a step up from Villa and are just as likely to be hitting the skids in a couple of years' time.

When Newcastle hit fifth last year did you think our players would be all off up there?

Because nobody else is in for them, talk about claret and blue specs.  what are they meant to say, well none of the top 4 are interested in me so I am going to sign a longer contract on more money but next year if a bigger club come in for me than I am going to kick up a fuss.  To say that spurs are not a step up from us at present and any of our player would not jump at a move to them is just deluded

Yet another opportunity for an ITK to show their face. Come on! Someone must be up a tree somewhere at BMH or stalking `Sid` for an exclusive.

Where is MM when you need him?

Clearly not one of the ITKs can even confirm a player being at BHM today. Jokers the lot of them

Are there any ITKs on here any more? It feels like a long while since I saw anything from any of them.

I mean anywhere really. Usually some know it all claims to know.. :) Instead all i've seen is the usual rehashing speculation :)

I think it's funny that Spurs still haven't actually made a bid for him. I wonder if they actually will.

I do suspect that Levy suggested to Bentekes agent that he should put in a transfer request so it would force the clubs hand. Sadly for Levy it forced the club in the wrong direction and I wouldnt be at all suprised if despite the club saying after their imposed deadline there will be no movement Spurs will wait till the very last minute.

Well fair play to him on that too then. Everyone continues to behave professionally in all of this. If we get what we want and he gets his move then; while it will be disappointing as a fan; everyone will have come out of it a winner.

11.54am and it just breaks that he's turned up for training only 30-45mins late good old SSN

It takes them a while to 'understand' things y'see.

Something tells me quite strongly that he's still going to be with us next season.

If Tottenham could afford him, then I think it would have been done by now. Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United will have other targets.

He hasn't quite burnt all his bridges yet, and I think Lambert will welcome him back into the squad.

we really need to know if his extended break and coming back to training coincides with our deadline for a transfer or not. without that info it's hard to draw any conclusions about all this. still we've not been tested with an official bid yet, so Benteke hasn't had a chance to play up either.  

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 1

Something tells me quite strongly that he's still going to be with us next season.

If Tottenham could afford him, then I think it would have been done by now. Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United will have other targets.

He hasn't quite burnt all his bridges yet, and I think Lambert will welcome him back into the squad.

I'm pretty sure they'll be either trying to raise the funds or they have been deterred by our valuation.

Maybe they thought Adebayor would go easily?

Either way, the longer it drags out, the more likely it is that he will stay I reckon. We've seen how David Villa got annoyed and now it looks like Levy has more on his hands with having to try his best to deter Bale from a Man Utd move.

I agree BOF that everyone has remained professional and we must judge on events to date.  However, his actions to a late and miserly offer from Delboy (should one materialize) that we would hope/expect villa to reject will determine my overall feelings towards CB. 

Absolutely villanz, but as has been said earlier. Let's wait until that actually happens. At the moment all we have is a slightly irrational feeling of being a jilted football fan. Which is completely normal, I might add :)

• Like 1

I hope that if Levy waits until deadline day and then decides he's going to bid 25m that Villa turn to him and say sorry you missed the Villa deadline its 35m or **** off

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 4

Kendrick just tweeted that Benteke is training with the First team squad....

I really can't imagine Lambert allowing that unless he was sure to be playing for us...

- I suspect the time limit has expired... (well - we've reached page 600!!)  ;)

Â