Christian Benteke

Kwan

Well if I were a Villa player being a Villa fan with it (such as Gabby) I'd find it hard to act as though nothing happened.

He'll have seen it before a few times and know there's a chance he could be 'working with' Benteke for the next year. I can't recall any obvious issues Gabby had with Barry when Barry's move to Liverplop was 'nailed on'.

Plus, when I look at Gabby's face, I'm not entirely convinced he'll be aware of the situation.

Will it really be an issue, it is a job to the players, sure they understand that he wants to move onto a club which at present has better prospects.  Not sure it will be awkward at all.

This.

He is 22 years old and probably more worried about getting his hands on a PS4 than his immediate future.

He has taken advice, whether good or bad, and acted accordingly. He will turn up for training with the first team squad and be welcomed by Paul Lambert as such.

What will be, will be, but I don't think that it will affect day to day training one iota.

Yeah like none of the baggies players cared when odemwinge tried to leave. Of course it will be awkward, they are a tight nit group all buying into lamberts plans, Benteke doesn't want to part of it so it will feel a little strange. Just because they earn good money doesnt mean they are devoid of feelings.

Just don't agree, it is not a cult. the players do not care the same way fans do.  It is a job to them, I do not get upset when someone in the office I work in goes for a better job.

I think that is one of the things about Lambert that I like to be honest.  The fact that he is trying to get an atmosphere among the group of togetherness.

One of the big criticism of all players really is the disconnect between them and the fan base,  that they do not care as much as the fans do.  That they do not "buy into" the club.

I think Lambert is trying,  and in the main succeeding,  at bringing that culture and atmosphere into the club.  That is why it will be so awkward with Benteke if he is at training today,  that is why they need someone to reintergrate him back into the squad and that is why,  I suspect,  Lambert is more than a little pissed off with the situation.

• Like 1

Well if I were a Villa player being a Villa fan with it (such as Gabby) I'd find it hard to act as though nothing happened.

He'll have seen it before a few times and know there's a chance he could be 'working with' Benteke for the next year. I can't recall any obvious issues Gabby had with Barry when Barry's move to Liverplop was 'nailed on'.

Plus, when I look at Gabby's face, I'm not entirely convinced he'll be aware of the situation.

I don't think so

gabby-funny-o.gif

• Like 3

To be honest, as much as Gabby obviously loves the club, I'd imagine if Spurs were offering 20 odd million for him and offering to triple his wages, he'd probably be making the move himself.

Do you think? I think I recall him being linked to Arsenal when he was younger. But yeah gabby leaving us would break my heart lol.

Yep.

I imagine the players will treat Benteke as they always have. Most of them would be making the move given a chance to be honest.

To be honest, as much as Gabby obviously loves the club, I'd imagine if Spurs were offering 20 odd million for him and offering to triple his wages, he'd probably be making the move himself.

Exactly.  If spurs came in for any of our players they would be willing to make the move.

How do you know this exactly?  I'm pretty sure most of our players would stick around at Villa as they seem to  have all bought into what Lambert is trying to do.  

Pretty sure we would know if he hadn't showed by now as it would be slapped all over the media.

The fact that there doesn't appear to be this silly mind game being played is round one to us in the silly mind games being played ;) ;)

Agreed, if he didn't/doesn't show up, it will be headlines.

I wouldn't get complacent though, the hacks will be busy generating another angle -

BENTEKE OUT IN THE COLD.

In 30C heat, Christian Benteke was made to train on his own, far away from the players he has demanded to leave.

*Insert only photo of 300 taken which shows CB at BMH without any other players in the background*

Edited by brommy

Exactly.  If spurs came in for any of our players they would be willing to make the move.

How do you know this exactly?  I'm pretty sure most of our players would stick around at Villa as they seem to  have all bought into what Lambert is trying to do.  

It is my opinion, spurs are pushing for a CL, they are a step up from us at present.  Do you really think players do not want to play CL or a team who have a chance of playing in it.  That they would not like a huge pay rise.  How do you know they have all brought into what Lambert is doing?. 

Hopefully everyone at BMH is getting in Benteke's ear & sowing seeds of doubt into his mind about pastures new. Hopefully now he's back in our environment Lambo can put an arm around him & win him over.

This is certainly the way I hope it is going.

and then he will tell them how much more he can earn and they will all understand his reasoning.

He'll have seen it before a few times and know there's a chance he could be 'working with' Benteke for the next year. I can't recall any obvious issues Gabby had with Barry when Barry's move to Liverplop was 'nailed on'.Plus, when I look at Gabby's face, I'm not entirely convinced he'll be aware of the situation.

I don't think so

gabby-funny-o.gif

I was hoping this gif would turn up!

To this day, it is believed Gabby still doesn't know who tapped him on his shoulders. Despite viewing the gif several times.

I think it's funny that Spurs still haven't actually made a bid for him. I wonder if they actually will.

They'll wait till the last minute and lowball. Even if they've sold Bale for 75m, they'll wait till the last minute and lowball.

Hopefully everyone at BMH is getting in Benteke's ear & sowing seeds of doubt into his mind about pastures new. Hopefully now he's back in our environment Lambo can put an arm around him & win him over.

This is certainly the way I hope it is going.

and then he will tell them how much more he can earn and they will all understand his reasoning.

Aston20Villa20players20training-282251_z

"Hey VT Daniel! ***** the money man. This is Aston Villa FC. What more could any player want?" :)

I think it's funny that Spurs still haven't actually made a bid for him. I wonder if they actually will.

They'll wait till the last minute and lowball. Even if they've sold Bale for 75m, they'll wait till the last minute and lowball.

Yep.

I expect they will be looking for crumbs of BS generated by his return to training.

Â