Christian Benteke

Kwan

howcome everyone hate tottenham?

Because they are a deluded bunch who insist that they are title challengers every year, even though the last time they won it was in 1961. The fact that they get disproportionately more media coverage than similar sized clubs, because they are from London.  That they endlessly go on about the ‘Tottenham way’. The fact they charge over 80 quid for tickets because they can. That White Hart Lane is in a shit hole and miles from a tube stop. That they embraced money in football before virtually anyone else- ‘there used to be a football club over there’. Alan Sugar. Chas and bloody Dave. I mean I could go on....

But Dembéle and Vertonghen play there

Who????

2 awesome belgian players =D

Clearly been tapped up.

But like every time there has been a sniff of money in the air, we've rolled over. Why not just reject the request?

It's a shame, but that's the new modern Villa, where staying up is the only aim.

I hope he's a complete failure.

I don't think that's fair on the club at all. They've said that if our valuation is not met then he'll remain a Villa player. I've also seen nothing to suggest that survival is the only aim.

End of the day he is gone, more annoying than that is, he is going to spurs, which is the cherry on top of the shit cake we've had to eat for the past 3 yrs. We will probably get a decent wedge but it won't be what we deserve, he'll score against us, they'll finish well above us and he'll be proved right. The media will lap it up and it will all be about spurs and AVB who made him, and his time at villa will be a distant memory. I know this how? Because I'm a villa fan and this is the premier league, we've seen it happen countless times for over two decades.

Lambert will spend the money well, but I'd be very surprised if he found another benteke.

He has not gone and Spuds have not bid!!!!!!!

Jesus, some people ought to get a job with the red tops.

End of the day he is gone, more annoying than that is, he is going to spurs, which is the cherry on top of the shit cake we've had to eat for the past 3 yrs. We will probably get a decent wedge but it won't be what we deserve, he'll score against us, they'll finish well above us and he'll be proved right. The media will lap it up and it will all be about spurs and AVB who made him, and his time at villa will be a distant memory. I know this how? Because I'm a villa fan and this is the premier league, we've seen it happen countless times for over two decades.

Lambert will spend the money well, but I'd be very surprised if he found another benteke.

He has not gone and Spuds have not bid!!!!!!!

Jesus, some people ought to get a job with the red tops.

Yep I've thought the same since the news broke, but come on we all know how this ends. I'd love to be wrong.

Because they are a deluded bunch who insist that they are title challengers every year, even though the last time they won it was in 1961. The fact that they get disproportionately more media coverage than similar sized clubs, because they are from London.  That they endlessly go on about the ‘Tottenham way’. The fact they charge over 80 quid for tickets because they can. That White Hart Lane is in a shit hole and miles from a tube stop. That they embraced money in football before virtually anyone else- ‘there used to be a football club over there’. Alan Sugar. Chas and bloody Dave. I mean I could go on....

But Dembéle and Vertonghen play there

Who????

2 awesome belgian players =D

I honestly couldn't care less who plays for them, Belgian or any other nationality, they are of no importance to me as i only like the club i support.

I look at Weimann and Westwood and they obviously see the bigger picture .I've never seen or heard a Benteke interview but I guess he just doesn't get what Lambert is trying to build or his agent is hellbent on cashing in on his prized asset.It just goes to show how far Villa have fallen over the past couple of years when Spuds appear to be a more attractive proposition .Crazy days.....sad times.

The latest news regarding Benteke is that he will be fined if he does not report to training tomorrow morning. Rumours circulating already that he won't turn up. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Hazard has praised fellow Belgian Benteke, above, for having the courage to do so as Villa eye Dutch league strikers Luc Castaignos and Alfred Finnbogason as potential replacements.

“Benteke is my friend,” said Hazard. “We get on very well. His dream is to play even higher. As for his decision, I feel it’s the right one because he has the quality to impose himself wherever – to make his mark at any club.

“I wasn’t surprised [that he handed in a transfer request]. We speak all the time and he told me, ‘Right, I’ve done well. What next?’ I believe he has got all the attributes to do well at a big club.”

Hazard was speaking on the club’s pre-season tour of the Far East, where he says he has been told by new manager Jose Mourinho that he has the potential to be the ‘Special One’ for Chelsea this season.

Hazard said: “He told me to be ambitious with my game, to try things and that, if I do that, I can do something special this year.

“I told him I wanted to do myself justice, to do as well as I can and that is all he wants to see from all of us.

“We have to concentrate on what he wants of us and, if we all give 100 per cent, we have a real chance of winning the title.

“Of course, there will be big rivals out there – Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal – and they will all be competing with us for that title.

“But we have a real chance this year and, with a good manager in place, our hopes are even greater.”

link

As if Christian wasn't tapped up enough already. He's had one very good season but his arrogance shines through again. He's no superstar.

It's going to end in tears as I think PL isn't about to be messed about particularly after putting his neck on the block with the Darren Bent saga.Will he show that famed Glaswegian Grit?....here's hoping!!

If Benteke is really determined to leave, he’ll do everything he can to make Villa want to sell. This includes going on strike. This puts Villa in a very precarious position and makes this situation different to those experienced in the past with the likes of Barry and Milner. It happened to us with Berbatov, who in the end simply refused to play.

For Villa, the threat of him refusing to play is more significant than is being acknowledged in this thread. Each time it’s mentioned, it’s also pointed out that’s is WC year, so he wont do this. But that suggests you’d be happy to let him strike for the whole season, which is very unlikely to be the case. Even Man City, with all their money, relented and brought Tevez back into the fold with the hope he’s re-ignite their title challenge. If you are in a relegation fight, which most would predict without Benteke you will be, he’d be back in the team in no time. No matter how much pride is at stake, it simply isn’t worth getting relegated over, which would be catastrophic for the club.

If you look at the fixture list, Benteke might simply have to refuse to kick a ball until October and by then it might all ready be too late. He and his agent know that either his goals or quality additions to the squad are going to be key to your survival. Lambert knows it, Lerner knows it, all fans know it and Benteke/his agent certainly know it.

So come the start of the season, if Benteke is on strike refusing to play and there is a £20 million bid in the offing, don’t you honestly think Lambert will be urging Lerner to accept and Lerner will probably be pleased that his manager is doing this? If Benteke is adamant he wont play, then there does come a point when it’s simply foolish to refuse a half decent offer. Hence Benteke and his agent are in a very powerful situation.

However, everyone involved knows this, but it isn’t just Villa who have something to lose by letting this go to the wire. For buying clubs there is s significant advantage in having Benteke in their squad asap. So the buying club have a reason to pay a premium to get the deal done. This is where Villa do have some power, but not to the extent most on here seem to think and why I believe, it’s being leaked by Midlands journalists that a deal can be done at £25 million, rather than figures of £30 million+ being banded around.

If Benteke really wants to go, a deal at a lower price will almost certainly be available in the last week of the window. People can say things like “you don’t know Lerner” etc, but the reality is Lerner hasn’t been in a position like this before, so no one knows how he’ll react. In the past he’s always done what it best for Villa and is a business man after all, so in this case, the chances are very high that he and Lambert will conclude to sell is the best for Villa. They simply can’t afford to not have either their star striker of decent replacements, as the threat of relegation is too real. This simply wasn’t the case with Barry. I know most of you will reject that, but I think it’s very likely and am sure the vast majority of non Villa fans would agree.

So, if he had somewhere lined up, I think Benteke can and will leave if he really wants to. However, I doubt many clubs would want to buy him that way, as it puts them at a disadvantage concerning their own planning. I doubt Benteke wants to do it that way. I also doubt Villa want to do it that way. So something in between will most likely happen, which is why I believe this £25 million price tag is being leaked. 

If Benteke point blank refuses to play Aston Villa - to force his move to spurs - think about what you're getting - sure he's a great player, plenty of goals, in that respect he will do well for you. that's so long as everything is going his way. 

What goes around comes around, He's a great player, with the developing spurs team - he's gotta be worth £25m - easily. I don't know the state of spurs finances - but I wouldn't think that size of fee is beyond you. You may think you wait for Benteke to go on strike, and hope its gets messy, to force the price down. Equally another may match the asking price, Bentekes agent tells him that spurs aren't coming up with the cash - and bang youve lost him - and possibly your chance of cracking the top 4....

We all love a bargain - but equally sometimes you have to pay the asking price - for the greater good.

I'm not sure i like how you quoted this Smetrov, you quoted my post but nothing that i said, and it makes me look like the Sours fan.

Just for the record I am not.

Yeah you used to get this from Redknapp aswell. Every November-December you used to get from him "why can't Spurs win the league" and by May it had been downgraded to "what a great achievement it is finishing 5th"

I find it amusing the annual way they're always 40 points of Arsenal in early March and yet come the final whistle in may they still finish below them (this is an Arsenal side that have been on the decline for the past two seasons aswell).

Good cup team but haven't won the league since 1961. Two Carling cups in the last 20 years so yep pretty much the same as us.

It's going to end in tears as I think PL isn't about to be messed about particularly after putting his neck on the block with the Darren Bent saga.Will he show that famed Glaswegian Grit?....here's hoping!!

Don't get me wrong here; "Who's going to end up in tears? Villa or Benteke."   I Can't see it being Villa.

Don't get me wrong here; "Who's going to end up in tears? Villa or Benteke."   I Can't see it being Villa.

Unless his replacement is no good and we're in another relegation battle next season.

Â