Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think Randy's price will be based on Benteke's worth to villa, rather than a general valuation from the wider footballing world. Imo we value CB far more highly than potential buyers do. £30 million minimum wouldn't be unreasonable, and £35 million wouldn't be outrageous.

The result of such a valuation maybe that CB will spend another season in claret and blue and if he does he will have to play out of his skin to stay ahead of Lukaku in the Belgian pecking order. If that happened then the really big clubs would be knocking on Villa's door with open wallets after the world cup.

It's down to RL/PF to do a strong job for AVFC over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Imagine if we somehow kept him and he scored another 19 PL goals next season . What's his value likely to be then ? £45m as a starting point ?

I alluded to this very point several days ago. If we sell him for £22m-£25m then the purchaser will make another massive profit on him within a season and i'd rather that be us than Spurs or anyone else. 

Yeah, that would be awesome, but he is a guy that likes to throw his toys out and go on strike when he doesn't get what he wants. He wants London, and if he doesn't get it he'll stir up a shitstorm at least until the window closes and probably won't be back until it's dead certain that he isn't leaving. Then what?

It's a world cup year,  would he go on strike potentially costing his place in the Belgium team?

You know what? I think he would. At least until the window closes. Just a guess obviously, but the guy has a history and we probably have to act on what we know, not what might be. And if a £22 mil offer has been made, we know someone is willing to pay that now. Yes, he might bang in 20 PL goals for Spurs and then move to City for £45 next year after once again threatening to strike. But that's a what-if. We just don't know.

I think Randy's price will be based on Benteke's worth to villa, rather than a general valuation from the wider footballing world. Imo we value CB far more highly than potential buyers do. £30 million minimum wouldn't be unreasonable, and £35 million wouldn't be outrageous.

The result of such a valuation maybe that CB will spend another season in claret and blue and if he does he will have to play out of his skin to stay ahead of Lukaku in the Belgian pecking order. If that happened then the really big clubs would be knocking on Villa's door with open wallets after the world cup.

It's down to RL/PF to do a strong job for AVFC over the next couple of weeks.

I would agree with that , it's our valuation not the market valuation just as Spurs have quoted outrageous valuations for Bale like £100m. I really hope that the clubs sticks to its valuation and for me £25m seems low. Added to that its a real test of the credibility of RL and PF in the fans eyes.

Personally I am ignoring the typical bollox article in the Mirror from the uber clown Nursey, I think his use of phrases such as 'bags packed' were padding to a no further information story rather than literal facts. Nursey has always enjoyed putting the boot in to us so I would tend to ignore it.

• Like 1

He wont be going anywhere for less than the 25m that has been stipulated. He can do what he likes, but that's not going to change. The nearest example to what will happen is the Gareth Barry/Liverpool saga. If Spurs are indeed serious, then there is only one way this will go....

Randy will not fold on this, and neither will Lambert. Its about setting an example to certain agents and telling others that Villa do not roll over when one of their best players is tapped up.

And like I said earlier, whilst this has been rumbling on in the media for the last fortnight, Spurs have not put in a bid, which a little strange if you accept that the media are correct. To me, it looks like Spurs are merely using this speculation, and perhaps feeding it, whilst having another target in mind.

Also, until a firm bid comes in from somebody, the actual club that has tapped him up will not show there hand, since it will be pretty obvious. We already know who has been tapping him up. im pretty sure of that.

Smoke and Mirrors, guys.

• Like 1

Word on the spurs forums is that a deal has been struck and Benteke has been to their training facility to look around already. A lot of fans on their who have made correct predictions before have said that the deals almost done

Link?

Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Hearing the deal is very close n should be done soon along with Chadli

Date: 14th July 2013ITK: JjetsetPlayer: BentekeSource: Probability: 5/10Status:

Well just heard that it looks like we may have done a certain mr Benteke :0)

Pretty sure we have and sounds v optimistic.

Not putting my nads on the line 100% as still a few things to complete things change blah blah. but a deal in principle has been done 'apparently'.

Posted today 8.32am

Getting strong rumours from within white hart lane that a deal has been agreed for Benteke with both parties said to be relatively happy

Taken from 3 different spurs forums 2 of those are respected ITK members who have been right about transfers before

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/summer-2013-transfer-itk-thread-warning-may-contain-lies-and-false-hope.5617/page-10

i thought benteke was still on holiday so must have been hard for him to have a look at their training grounds?

i really dont want him to go to spurs, **** levy. rather sell him to a foreign club for a crisp packet

I don't quite understand that forum.

Either way, I can see them bidding £20m, we reject it which unsettles Benteke even more. Then later in the window after Spuds sell Adebayor, Huddlestone and/or Parker, they will bid again for about £25m or so and Benteke will force a move by being a tosser.

Just a hunch.

Funny how the ITK's didn't know about Guzan's deal along with not knowing about Benteke handing in a transfer request, in fact they were all saying he was going to sign a new deal :lol:

They are supposed to be Spurs ITKs so it's unsurprising that they wouldn't know about the goings on at Aston Villa.

Having said that, I would be very surprised if they had any clue about the goings on at Spurs either...

Got a feeling they'll bid in after they sell Bale late in the window...

I don't think they will sell Bale. But I do agree that they will try poach at the end of the window, hopefully Finnbogason is in by then anyway!

Â