Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sorry,  forgot to mention the market we are dealing in as well.  A market where Carroll goes for 15M and a lad moves to Palace from Peterborough for 8M !

Not to mention Spurs fans who want to milk Real for every penny on Bale yet think we should compromise on our own prized asset. **** the **** off already. Patronising rocket polishers.

It's not patronizing. Villatalk can be so frustrating at times, as you take offence to the slightest of things. I'm not saying I think you should compromise, but that I think a compromise will be found. I think we should look at other targets, that's my opinion. I'm not or haven't patronized Villa in the slightest, yet, as is often the case the posters here go into ultra defensive mode.

The patronising is probably unintentional. We're being talked down to because Spurs happen to be in a better position at the moment. There seems to be an attitude that we won't get what we want for our player - hence this compromise - when in reality we hold all the cards. There is no reason for us to compromise, in the same way there is no way you will compromise with Real.

But you aren't being patronized or talked down to by me though. I'm not brokering a deal here or trying to get you too do what I want. I'd rather we focused on other options. I think Benteke is a good player, but not a priority for me. We have compromised with Real. We did so with Modric. Most transfers are essentially compromises. 

Sorry,  forgot to mention the market we are dealing in as well.  A market where Carroll goes for 15M and a lad moves to Palace from Peterborough for 8M !

Not to mention Spurs fans who want to milk Real for every penny on Bale yet think we should compromise on our own prized asset. **** the **** off already. Patronising rocket polishers.

It's not patronizing. Villatalk can be so frustrating at times, as you take offence to the slightest of things. I'm not saying I think you should compromise, but that I think a compromise will be found. I think we should look at other targets, that's my opinion. I'm not or haven't patronized Villa in the slightest, yet, as is often the case the posters here go into ultra defensive mode. 

Weren't you on here listing Spurs rejects we could have in part-exchange? I imagine a Madrid fan offering their cast-offs in exchange for Bale would hardly be lauded on a Spurs forum.

I think if a deal is struck it will suite both clubs, but perhaps neither set of fans. Those dealing with the transfer are going to be much more reasonable and objective than fans. Spurs fans (and Liverpool, Arsenal etc) think he is worth around £15 million, whilst you guys want £25 million+. The reality will be a deal that is much fairer for all parties involved. So it will probably be £15 - £18 million and then additional payments will be made according the Benteke's success that could total another £10 million+. That way if Benteke really is the player you think he will be, then you get the money (£25 mill +) for him. If he isn't and fails at Spurs (or wherever he goes) then you've still more than doubled your money and we haven't been stung quite so badly. 

As I said, it's not the deal either set of fans would like, but it's what will most likely happen. There is no way we are going to stump up £25 million+ for him and there is no way you'll accept £15 million. A compromise is far more likely than no resolution at all, despite what fans might think.

So what price do Spurs fans expect to get for Bale when they sell him next summer?

Well I reckon as he's scored more Goals than Benteke, well 2 or 3 anyway, And he's had a bit more experience, but against that he hasn't played in a foreign league and he might not settle.(if you think about Modric he was their best player a couple of years ago and he's not a regular), So if they rate Benteke at £15m 

I reckon £18 or £19 should be about right, maybe £20m to get the deal done

I think this post is a microcosm of the current Villa .... Benteke .... Spurs situation. You're complaining that VT'ers are being defensive, when the simple fact is that we just don't want to talk to a Spurs fan about undervaluing our prize asset. You've got a bit of a cheek complaining Joey! 

AVFC Transfer Tweet@AVFCTransTweet2m

RUMOURS: Anzhi readying £23m bid for Christian Benteke. Id accept that as he would be abroad #avfc

haha would be funny if this came off

Given his agent, exactly the type of place he could end up going.  £100k per week, Champs League football (are they?), and the chance to move on in a years time citing all manner of reasons not related to being money-grabbing or even ambitious - homesick, too cold, racism.

Seems like a perfectly plausible option.

Oh give over. Spurs fans are the same as us. Just want the best players and the best deal for themselves. Its not like what eiter of us think will matter a jot at the end of the day. We shall see. By all accounts Lerner has dug his heels in over this and by all accounts so has Levy. The most likely outcome sounds like no sale to me. We will see.

I think if a deal is struck it will suite both clubs, but perhaps neither set of fans. Those dealing with the transfer are going to be much more reasonable and objective than fans. Spurs fans (and Liverpool, Arsenal etc) think he is worth around £15 million, whilst you guys want £25 million+. The reality will be a deal that is much fairer for all parties involved. So it will probably be £15 - £18 million and then additional payments will be made according the Benteke's success that could total another £10 million+. That way if Benteke really is the player you think he will be, then you get the money (£25 mill +) for him. If he isn't and fails at Spurs (or wherever he goes) then you've still more than doubled your money and we haven't been stung quite so badly. 

As I said, it's not the deal either set of fans would like, but it's what will most likely happen. There is no way we are going to stump up £25 million+ for him and there is no way you'll accept £15 million. A compromise is far more likely than no resolution at all, despite what fans might think.

So what price do Spurs fans expect to get for Bale when they sell him next summer?

Well I reckon as he's scored more Goals than Benteke, well 2 or 3 anyway, And he's had a bit more experience, but against that he hasn't played in a foreign league and he might not settle.(if you think about Modric he was their best player a couple of years ago and he's not a regular), So if they rate Benteke at £15m 

I should hope we get more than that... :)

Spurs fans deluded fuckwits. 

We got £20m for Downing. Stewart frigging Downing. 

We got close to £20m for Young when he had a year left on his contract. 

Now have another guess at how much Benteke will cost. 

• Like 2

AVFC Transfer Tweet‏@AVFCTransTweet2m

RUMOURS: Anzhi readying £23m bid for Christian Benteke. Id accept that as he would be abroad #avfc

Given his agent, exactly the type of place he could end up going.  £100k per week, Champs League football (are they?), and the chance to move on in a years time citing all manner of reasons not related to being money-grabbing or even ambitious - homesick, too cold, racism.

Sounds like twitter BS.

That's a reasonable response. I think we'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, why do you think Villa will be interested in compromising from a position of strength on their prized asset. For context, think of Spurs selling Bale to Real Madrid. Why should Lerner not spit on his knob and bend Spurs over?

Because Villa have said they'd sell the player and have a price in mind. They have access to our accounts and no what sort of fees are viable. The compromise works both ways. I doubt Levy would want to potentially pay over £25 million for the player. But I think it's far more likely a resolution is found than Benteke stays at Villa. This is of course if he is even a real priority for us or if the options are as limited as has been suggested. It's only been a day since we lost out on our number 1 target. 

Joey me boy, have a little read of Villa's statement and then come back to us.  Remember, Benteke is on the same wages as the likes of our some of our first year senior pros - the likes of Delfouneso and so on.  Sticking him out in the wilderness will not be a problem.  If Villa do not get the fee they want they will stick him out with the kids along with our other £24 million striker and the rest of the bad influences.

Remember also that Lerner got £ 20 million out of Liverpool for a past his  peak Downing!  Levy has chosen the wrong club to try and act Mr. Billy Big Bollocks with.

I'm really going to enjoy this little tangent to the pre-season and I am 110% certain Villa will come out of it smelling of roses and all the stronger for it.

Weren't you on here listing Spurs rejects we could have in part-exchange? I imagine a Madrid fan offering their cast-offs in exchange for Bale would hardly be lauded on a Spurs forum.

Just quote the post you are referring to and point out exactly how it was patronizing. 

AVFC Transfer Tweet@AVFCTransTweet2m

Plus playing under Hiddink for a year which with his connections would open the door to a move  to a  proper European powerhouse should he perform well.

20m for Bale?

I thought you guys were asking for 80m!? 

That's a reasonable response. I think we'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, why do you think Villa will be interested in compromising from a position of strength on their prized asset. For context, think of Spurs selling Bale to Real Madrid. Why should Lerner not spit on his knob and bend Spurs over?

Because Villa have said they'd sell the player and have a price in mind. They have access to our accounts and no what sort of fees are viable. The compromise works both ways. I doubt Levy would want to potentially pay over £25 million for the player. But I think it's far more likely a resolution is found than Benteke stays at Villa. This is of course if he is even a real priority for us or if the options are as limited as has been suggested. It's only been a day since we lost out on our number 1 target. 

You think we give a shit what is viable for you? We don't want to sell, a fee non-viable for you suits us very nicely.

As to you giving offence, I've never taken offence before at any of your posts and have generally found them a good addition to this site. However, that complete bollocks about you effectively coming in and taking a highly prized asset and doing it on your terms was offensive.

Your notion that we should give a **** about whether the signing would be any kind of risk for you and one we should "share" or we should have any interest in "protecting" you against a potentially bad investment was astoundingly arrogant and verged on the moronic. I had come to expect better of you and you deserve any hammer you get for that crap.

• Like 2

Oh give over. Spurs fans are the same as us. Just want the best players and the best deal for themselves. Its not like what eiter of us think will matter a jot at the end of the day. We shall see. By all accounts Lerner has dug his heels in over this and by all accounts so has Levy. The most likely outcome sounds like no sale to me. We will see.

Yeah, fans are pretty much the same all round. 

It is a bit of a sensitive time for a Spurs fan to be coming on giving their opinions though. 

The patronising is probably unintentional. We're being talked down to because Spurs happen to be in a better position at the moment. There seems to be an attitude that we won't get what we want for our player - hence this compromise - when in reality we hold all the cards. There is no reason for us to compromise, in the same way there is no way you will compromise with Real.

But you aren't being patronized or talked down to by me though. I'm not brokering a deal here or trying to get you too do what I want. I'd rather we focused on other options. I think Benteke is a good player, but not a priority for me. We have compromised with Real. We did so with Modric. Most transfers are essentially compromises. 

Yes, Spurs compromised because they are a textbook selling club.

Villa sell on their terms - you meet our value or no deal.

20m for Bale?

I'm a Villa man through and through. I was just thinking about the spurs logic of Benteke being  only worth £15m

20m for Bale?

I'm a Villa man through and through. I was just thinking about the spurs logic of Benteke being  only worth £15m

Sorry bud - these quote towers enrage me as I can't see who's who! I understand now :3 

Edited by KjParton

Â