Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't doubt for a second that Benteke isn't a one hit wonder, but I agree that he isn't going to be playing with his head in the game and he isn't going to be playing to his full potential.

Yeah he's going to play poorly right before a world cup, that makes sense.

• Like 1

He's said his piece and now it's time to shake hands and move on.  The guy kept us up and for that I am grateful.

He wants to go and tbh i didn't expect anythign more than 12 months more from him.  Spurs beware.  if you don't get Champs League in the nxt couple of seasons i think he will be gone.

That said they will have one hell of a player on their hands and i can see him scorign shed loads for them as well.

Lets get our £25m-£30m and move on.

• Like 1

Ironically, I know have a fear that he will stay for another year due to us playing hard ball. I have no issue with us being stubborn, and I don't really know what are valuation is. But lets say it is 30m, I think I would prefer a sale of 25m instead of keeping Benteke for another year. I think he would still score a lot of goals for us, but there is no way he would be 100% and he would not be able to hit the ground running after all this.

For me, lets get it done, move on and lets not halt the inevitable.

I don't doubt for a second that Benteke isn't a one hit wonder, but I agree that he isn't going to be playing with his head in the game and he isn't going to be playing to his full potential.

Sell him for a good price as soon as we can and replace him.

On the note of replacing him - I think he is almost irreplaceable for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, it is going to be very difficult to find somebody as good/potential wise.

Secondly, should we be successful in that then the same thing is going to happen next summer.

For me, we almost have to replace him with someone not quite as good in order to make the replacement sustainable. If that makes sense?

I would rather have a very good striker that sticks around for 4 years than 4 world class (potentially) strikers over 4 separate years.

The problem is Woody, this 25million your talking about doesn't exist, Spurs want to pay between 15 and 20million max. Do we then accept that? Considering we shelled out around 8million, paid his wages for a year, then owe Genk a sell-on fee. It's not as easy as saying just take 25million, because at the moment no-one wants to pay anywhere near that.

Well here the agent and Tekkers are backing themselves into a large corner.

Hand on heart, I am beginning to see Benteke as the victim here. The only thing he is guilty of is putting all his faith in an agent whom sees his player as a meal ticket. Everything I am reading (from what the club has said to Pete Colleys quote earlier) points to the agent.

Im pretty cool about this situation now, and can see this backfiring big time on Kismet and his team. He comes across as a little man trying to be the big man in a big pool, but deep down he knows he is out of his depth.

Lambert is chipping away at this with the player as we speak, you can be sure of that.

I can still see him staying.

I agree with a lot of your post, although I do think he will leave before the window closes.

Benteke doesn't strike me as being the brightest, and therefore is guided by his agent. After his performances last season I expected him to leave us, albeit next season, and to some extent I haven't the same affinity to him as I have for someone like Weimann or Gabby simply because he's only been with us for less than a year.

If he stays great, if he goes then I trust Lambert to invest the money wisely to improve the team. Whilst it was fun watching Benteke destroy defences last season, it was a worry how much we appeared to rely on him. If he stays, I doubt we will be so reliant on him as I expect the team as a whole to be far stronger.

The problem is Woody, this 25million your talking about doesn't exist, Spurs want to pay between 15 and 20million max. Do we then accept that? Considering we shelled out around 8million, paid his wages for a year, then owe Genk a sell-on fee. It's not as easy as saying just take 25million, because at the moment no-one wants to pay anywhere near that.

It all depends on the actual valuation. If it is 25m then yes accept the 20m (should that be the best offer). 30m valuation then no way accept the 20m. 

I dont remember us ever benefiting on the pitch from these long drawn out affairs. 

In which case they can **** right OFF!

Yeah he's going to play poorly right before a world cup, that makes sense.

God what is it with people on here and these unecessary, snide, sarcy posts??

If his head isn't in the game because he wanted to leave and he ended up having to stay, he's going to play worse whether he likes it or not. You can't play to your full potential if you are not focused.

It all depends on the actual valuation. If it is 25m then yes accept the 20m (should that be the best offer). 30m valuation then no way accept the 20m. 

I dont remember us ever benefiting on the pitch from these long drawn out affairs. 

If we sell him for £20m, that means the club value him at £20m.

We sell him for the same fee we sold Downing? Just because Mr Levy doesn't want to splash cash. Benteke has to understand one day, he signed a 4 year contract, if he wanted to leave he should have inserted a clause or signed a shorter deal. He is worth 30million to AVFC, take away his contribution we'd be in Championship.

Surely it should not take Spurs long to consider a bid seeing how they tapped him up in the first place

That deadline is approaching

Tick tock

Edited by AshVilla

Well there's a surprise.

I bet you're a real laugh in social situations woody.

So my whole social appearance is in question because I find it a disgrace that John Carew openly admits he ripped off the people paying his wages?

I assume you go into work every day and give 100%, full throttle all the way. You never take sick days, you never turn up with a hangover... If you want a job drop me a PM. I'd be delighted.

I'm guessing you'll come back with "but I'm not paid x amount a week" etc. One thing I've realised as my own business has grown is that the amount of money you're paid is completely irrelevant to how hard you work and John Carew is a human being just like me and you. Only bigger.

He was paid to entertain. Did he do that? Hell yeah. Could he have been a better player had he put more effort in, absolutely. But he was worth every penny we gave him IMO. The word "disgrace" does not belong here. "Honest" is far more befitting.

God what is it with people on here and these unecessary, snide, sarcy posts??

If his head isn't in the game because he wanted to leave and he ended up having to stay, he's going to play worse whether he likes it or not. You can't play to your full potential if you are not focused.

Ohh yeah, ask God. That'll work

;)

If we sell him for £20m, that means the club value him at £20m.

No what I am saying is, I think it would be beneficial for the club to have some flexibility on the value. So, should someone offer 25-28m, are we really going to say no, we want 30 and risk Benteke not being focused for the next season. Im not sure its worth it. He wants to go, lets make sure we get as much as possible, but lets not start another season on the back of 3 months of torture.

I keep hearing this crap

If Spurs do not have the 25 mill they do not get the player we are not a charity

According to a villa insider in the sun we actually value him at 30 mill so we will certainly not be going lower than 25 mill

Â