Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'd love him to see the spurs forums 

They do not even rate him and think he will be a waste of money

I still believe its Chelsea thats behind all this, and i also believe that all this started around the time that Lukaku opened his gob. I thought it bit odd back then, and im convinced of it now.

Im sure his mates were busily working on him whilst he was away with them with the Belgium team, and im sure his agent has been pretty active behind the scenes aswell.

Also, this has Mouriniho written all over it.

I'd actually prefer it be Chelsea out of all the teams in the UK that was in for him

Sahin - Gundogan

Kagawa - Reus

Gotze - Mkhitarian/Aubamayang

squad hasnt weakened with each sale

Do their players jump ship after one year? That's what sticks in my craw. If he'd stayed another season I would've wished him well next summer.

they are about 5/6 years ahead of us in terms of development though. they were never lingering around relegation zone. If we were to finish 8-12th next season then I dont think the players be begging to leave

I still believe its Chelsea thats behind all this, and i also believe that all this started around the time that Lukaku opened his gob. I thought it bit odd back then, and im convinced of it now.

Im sure his mates were busily working on him whilst he was away with them with the Belgium team, and im sure his agent has been pretty active behind the scenes aswell.

I'd actually prefer it be Chelsea out of all the teams in the UK that was in for him

Lets admit it too, he would probably be a big hit there. 

I cant see Lambert buying into the part exchange deal that Spurs etc may offer it just doesnt fit into his building project. Lambert will have clear targets he wants, i think under him gone are the days of us being mugged off with teams cast offs

I agree. At the same time it doesn't phase me too much. If Benteke wanted to stay then he wouldn't let this change things.

Let's bear in mind the things he's said in the past and his general attitude towards the speculation. He was never going to stay. I honestly believe he doesn't give a damn about this club. And to be fair to Benteke, why should he? He has no reason to love this place. All I would ask though is that he repaid the faith of the man who blew £7m on him (which we criticised), then dropped Bent for him (which we and the media criticised) and always showed continuous faith in him (even though he was a total newbie and did some odd things at the start of his Villa career). I would also ask that he repaid the faith the chairman has shown him by offering to double his money after only one good season and maybe repaying the faith of the fans who have treated him like a God and have helped him become what he is. Without any of the above, he'd still be in Genk wondering when Wenger will call again.

Anyway, that's not what he's doing. Jog on Benteke. You won't be made welcome at Villa Park again. You'll find the Chelsea 'family' a bit different. Enjoy your racist captain.

Edited by Spoony

Wanyama is costing 15 million. no thanks

Thats the flip side of all this, clubs knowing we have cash to burn. Even the price of relative unknowns will go up when we come calling.

The ideal situation would be to get his replacement(s) in now. And if he remains, lets see how he does with a bit more competition. I think Helinius is a massive prospect, but is not the immediate answer.

I have a sneaky feeling silly money won't be involved, because I have another sneaky feeling Villa knew all this a while back and are semi-keen to sell.

The money spent wisely will speed up our TEAM strengthening progess.

Maybe Benteke is just being cruel to be kind.

I have grave doubt we will get big bucks, but I still think we will end up in the "pink"

Ps it will also put us in good stead with other European prospects that we don't stand in a players way.......keep recruiting Paul.

Too right we would be keen to sell. I know he was only semi-joking but remember when PL was asked what his reaction would be if someone offered 20m for CB - his answer was 'I'd drive him there'.

Says it all.

We only want committed players so cheerio.

Pretty much every Club in the world loses its best players to someone bigger, not a problem, our new model means we win whether we keep or sell - all gravy as far as I can see.

The only bit that pisses me off is the idea that Spurs are a bigger Club than Villa ! Leaving aside the last couple of seasons there is nothing in it.

But that is another debate.

Up the Villa !

I have a sneaky feeling silly money won't be involved, because I have another sneaky feeling Villa knew all this a while back and are semi-keen to sell.

The money spent wisely will speed up our TEAM strengthening progess.

Maybe Benteke is just being cruel to be kind.

I have grave doubt we will get big bucks, but I still think we will end up in the "pink"

Ps it will also put us in good stead with other European prospects that we don't stand in a players way.......keep recruiting Paul.

Too right we would be keen to sell. I know he was only semi-joking but remember when PL was asked what his reaction would be if someone offered 20m for CB - his answer was 'I'd drive him there'.

Says it all.

We only want committed players so cheerio.

Pretty much every Club in the world loses its best players to someone bigger, not a problem, our new model means we win whether we keep or sell - all gravy as far as I can see.

The only bit that pisses me off is the idea that Spurs are a bigger Club than Villa ! Leaving aside the last couple of seasons there is nothing in it.

But that is another debate.

Up the Villa !

The thing that annoys me is if we don't find someone as good or get players in that can perform better, we'll keep stalling. We'll always be in the same place season on season, never moving forwards.

If it is Tottenham, just watch them try and offer half their shit players as part of the deal. If Mcleish was still here, he would be mug enough to do it. Hope Lambert takes the cold hard cash or £5m + Bale ;)

Huddlestone, Dempsey, Parker etc.

I'd take Dempsey+30m. Deal or no deal?

Sahin - Gundogan

Kagawa - Reus

Gotze - Mkhitarian/Aubamayang

squad hasnt weakened with each sale

Do their players jump ship after one year? That's what sticks in my craw. If he'd stayed another season I would've wished him well next summer.

they are about 5/6 years ahead of us in terms of development though. they were never lingering around relegation zone. If we were to finish 8-12th next season then I dont think the players be begging to leave

5-6 years probably about right - although they came back from the brink of going out of existence in the mid 2000's. It shows how well this business model can work when you see they go from that to a CL final and signing £20-30m players in the space of 8 years. Manager is clearly key to it though.

Lambert doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will accept players in exchange.

Unless they're players he's scouted already. And given that this is Spurs we're talking about, they won't be.

I think its a couple of things 1: his agent is clearly a clearing in the woods and 2: he is actually believing his own hype lets not forget the amount of games where he was quite frankly a passenger in . I'm gutted he wants to leave don't get me wrong but like many have said one man does NOT make a team . Get decent money for him and bring 3/4 new players in .

Its the job of his agent to maximise his salary and get him at a club where he is likley to win things. To me the finger points at  Randy Lerner as to why Aston Villa isn't such a club - and looks further away than ever from being so.

We aren't such a club because we don't play Champions League football, or compete at the top of the table to qualify. We could have offered him the wages of Gvien, Bent and Ireland combined and he would still be looking for a bigger club playing at the highest level. Either now or next year. Lerner has hired te right manager for us to try and change that situation, but you don't do it overnight. Even when he was throwing cash at MON we didn't suddenly turn into a top 4 side, we got close but it took a few years.

Agreed - but equally we shouldn't be limited to the £2m scraps that we currently seem to be.  I always expected CB to move on - I really don't see lambert get much than the 25% of the fee to spend on players.

Hairyhands (who broke the story on here) reckon CB told the club as soon as the season ended he wasn't staying, so some of the CB cash could have already been invested. - I would be surprised now if we invest more than £6m in a striker before the season starts   ................(All IMO of course)

Yeah I think Helenius looks more and more like a Benteke replacement in the light of this. 

Young talented players with potential to have a great career aren't scraps. Scraps is a 31 old who had some glory days a few years back but has lost his bottle and his pace and is looking for one last contract.

Helenius is a totally different player to Benteke and was brought in on his own merit and what he can bring to the team, 100% not a replacement for Benteke. Chalk and cheese.

I think its a couple of things 1: his agent is clearly a clearing in the woods and 2: he is actually believing his own hype lets not forget the amount of games where he was quite frankly a passenger in . I'm gutted he wants to leave don't get me wrong but like many have said one man does NOT make a team . Get decent money for him and bring 3/4 new players in .

Its the job of his agent to maximise his salary and get him at a club where he is likley to win things. To me the finger points at  Randy Lerner as to why Aston Villa isn't such a club - and looks further away than ever from being so.

We aren't such a club because we don't play Champions League football, or compete at the top of the table to qualify. We could have offered him the wages of Gvien, Bent and Ireland combined and he would still be looking for a bigger club playing at the highest level. Either now or next year. Lerner has hired te right manager for us to try and change that situation, but you don't do it overnight. Even when he was throwing cash at MON we didn't suddenly turn into a top 4 side, we got close but it took a few years.

Agreed - but equally we shouldn't be limited to the £2m scraps that we currently seem to be.  I always expected CB to move on - I really don't see lambert get much than the 25% of the fee to spend on players.

Hairyhands (who broke the story on here) reckon CB told the club as soon as the season ended he wasn't staying, so some of the CB cash could have already been invested. - I would be surprised now if we invest more than £6m in a striker before the season starts   ................(All IMO of course)

Yeah I think Helenius looks more and more like a Benteke replacement in the light of this. 

Young talented players with potential to have a great career aren't scraps. Scraps is a 31 old who had some glory days a few years back but has lost his bottle and his pace and is looking for one last contract.

Helenius is a totally different player to Benteke and was brought in on his own merit and what he can bring to the team, 100% not a replacement for Benteke. Chalk and cheese.

I agree

Helenius can also play AM and is more technical him and Benteke are two different players entirely

Â