Christian Benteke

Kwan

If we sell for £20 million and Lambert is given £10 million to replace him then my opinion of Lerner will drop even lower.

We have to be careful how we look at all of the money.

Benteke has £3m of wages for the next three years and if we were to get say £24m for him, we'd find ourselves £27m to the good. Two £5.5m players at £40k a week for four years is £27m gone - but you can guarantee that this place would go mental claiming we hadn't spent it and Lerner had pocketed it because the fees only amount to £11m.

Because of how low his wages are, you can pretty much take whatever fee we get for Benteke and half it for a fair idea of how much it'll give us to spend on transfers.

Why would the money we get for Benteke have to go on paying the entire wages of a replacement?

The money should be made available to sign a player and his wages should be covered by the amount the club make each year from television.

I don't get this thinking at all.

We'd be adding £2.5m a year to the wage bill by bringing in any of the established strikers that have been mentioned as swaps - there aren't two pots of money - there's just the club.

And the club get a large amount of money each year.

The money we get for Benteke should not have to pay the transfer fee and wages for 3/4 years.

This man still doesn't get how accounts work. You are clearly not self employed or an accountant.

Haha

Yes sorry can only have an opinion if it fits your criteria.

Aston villa get money each year. A percentage of that income is spent on wages.

So why do we have to rely on money from a players sale to pay the entire wage of a replacement over 3/4 years? Explain that to me then.

Why would a replacements wages not be covered by the money that is coming into the club each year? Especially when it's likely the wage bill will be lowered even more once bent, Ireland and given are released.

Stan Collymore has tweeted some sense.

"If Benteke wants to go, fine. Only on Villa's terms though, otherwise the substitutes bench for a season can clear the mind in WC year. Business sense? Villa left a 24 million pound striker on 100k a week out for a season. A rookie Belgian won't fuss Lambert /Lerner too much."

Yeah real sense - How longs Darren Bent been on 100k a week?

A rookie Belgian? The same rookie Belgian that kept us up last season?

Old Man Said, the only reliable 'ITK' who actually gets bits of info, says that his agent is demanding £100k a week.

His agent is going to ruin Benteke's image and in turn his career, greedy tosspot.

Another way of looking at it, villa are saying to him we will give u 50k. If you are looking 100k you will have to get it somewhere else. Might not be any teams in at all. He is no 100k a week player yet

At Chelsea it won't put him in the top ten earners. £100k a week footballers are getting to be commonplace. £250k a week is the new superstar wage.

Id disagree. 100k isnt alot and not the final article for players these days. Benteke scored 19 goals in a mediocre side for villa. Still think we'd have went down without him and with a different striker. 24 proven prem goalscorer and a belgium international. If hes not worth 100k I dont know who is... :s

"If Benteke wants to go, fine. Only on Villa's terms though, otherwise the substitutes bench for a season can clear the mind in WC year. Business sense? Villa left a 24 million pound striker on 100k a week out for a season. A rookie Belgian won't fuss Lambert /Lerner too much."

Stan's got it spot on. 

This doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as losing Jimmy that's for sure.

Very true - I still remember him showing off his new Citeh shirt - it was like seeing the ex who's dumped you parading around with someone else.

Think some people need to get a life. James Milner had what? 1 Excellent season for us - 2 years (and a loan spell in total). Dont get me wrong - disappointed to see them all go, but do yourselves a favour and wake up - they are NOT interested in us!!

it doesn't create extra money to spend on a wage bill that the club are still working to control.

The extra tv revenue will add extra money and with at least one of bent, Ireland and given leaving the wage bill will be lowered.

So why should the fee we get from Benteke have to pay for the transfer of a replacement and his entire wages while at the club?

If selling players was the only way the club made money then I'd see your point but its not. The club get a large amount of money every single year and a percentage of that will be spent on the clubs wages each year.

We shouldn't have to rely on player sales to fund wages surely.

Change Bent's 100k to the actual 60k and the substantive point still stands. Let's not forget who kept us up the season before.

• Like 1

Stan's got it spot on. 

Stan (who I like) is knee jerking! Wheres he getting the 100k a week for Bent from? He seems to have forgot that Benteke is a far far better player than Bent. 

Change Bent's 100k to the actual 60k and the substantive point still stands. Let's not forget who kept us up the season before.

Andreas Weimann and Shay Given?

Well there is a bigger chance of him going somewhere else and doing crap, compared to him staying here and doing as well as he did last season. I expect the fee to be over 20M and way below 30M, and then we go from there. In business this is what happens, especially when one player is so much better than everyone else and we don't buy established quality on top of that. I am not blaming anyone here, but Benteke has probably looked at what we have gotten this season and decided we are not going to match his ambitions. Do I blame him? Nope. Do I blame Lambert? Not at all, these are the new rules of the game and he has accepted to manage by them. We have to buy young and cheap to survive, even though it makes it impossible to be successful at the same time. I mentioned this weeks ago, about Benteke (and every other "next thing") leaving when the next chance comes along and we haven't made it hard for him to make the decision. Oh, besides giving him a shot in the Premier League and giving him a chance when nobody else did - but we all know that counts for nothing. Probably has some dickhead agent pulling all the plugs, who over time rationalizes that a new club would be much better for him and then he starts to believe in it. 

Welcome to reality. At least he is still under contract so we don't actually have to sell. Ofcourse we will because that is just plain common sense. Just please don't rip ourselves of. £35 M at the earliest opportunity & then re-invest to make the team stronger in all departments.

Do this & it is a win win situation.

• Like 1

Sadly this is what happens when you pay peanuts (comparatively speaking of course) when compared to the big clubs. It appears we have finally stopped the managerial merry go round but simply shifted it to the playing staff.

I often wonder whether this new policy will ever be able to bear fruit because it appears that as soon as the fruit starts to ripen someone comes & picks it just as its getting juicy & we're left with the unripe ones.

This doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as losing Jimmy that's for sure.

Very true - I still remember him showing off his new Citeh shirt - it was like seeing the ex who's dumped you parading around with someone else.

Think some people need to get a life. James Milner had what? 1 Excellent season for us - 2 years (and a loan spell in total). Dont get me wrong - disappointed to see them all go, but do yourselves a favour and wake up - they are NOT interested in us!!

Jeez sorry for caring...um I have a rather nice life thankyou very much, ten minutes from the beach, nice gf, nice flat, nice job - doesn't mean it's not gutting when your best players go and the club has to rebuild.

• Like 2

Â