Christian Benteke

Kwan

Anyone else feel like someone's just ran over their dog?

Nope. Would do if MON or Eck we're in charge but PL sought out Benteke who, whilst not completely unknown, was not a well known player. He'll do the same again I'm sure.

We were over dependant on CB due to deficiencies in the rest of the team. I believe we'll be less reliant on a single striker next season and, whilst it wold be great to have CB leading the line, I think by developing the entire team we'll still be on course to push-on next season.

• Like 1

The problem is, it is a never ending cycle. Sell best player. Buy new player. New player does well. Sell that player.

We will never get to the stage (chumps league) where players will stay. Spurs always seem to hold onto players far longer than we do and are doing well for it. Ultimately i suppose unless we get bought out by a mega rich owner we will always be a feeder club to the perceived "top clubs".

Honestly i'm just getting tired of how predictable this is all becoming. It makes it hard to enjoy football because you know ultimately if a player has a good season he will have his head turned and be off as soon as possible. I don't see how people can be excited by transfers anymore, everyone we sign will leave at the drop of a hat for chumps league and a bigger pay packet.

Next season it will be okore doing the same.

Sigh.

We will do well to get 20 mil now.

Ridiculous. We'll be unlucky to get £20m.

Really? He could now basically go on strike and cause a serious disruption. He had a amazing first year in the Premier League but a few other have done that  and not done much the year after. Grant Holt anyone? Okay he is miles better and younger  than him but still. Clubs can now  play hard ball as they all know he wants to leave. We would still make over 10 mil on him even if he goes for 20.Could be 20 with a few adds on to Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool/delete as appropriate.

Lol.  This just smacks of everything that is wrong with football doesn't it?

He's been in England 1 year, done what he's paid to do at a salary most of us dream of, only to ask to leave for a bigger club.  It makes me a bit annoyed, but then I think "I can't wait to give Lambert that money".

I just hope we refuse to sell him, stick him in the reserves on a world cup year, he drops his place and then we sell him next year for the same price we got him for, silly bugger :lol:

• Like 1

The only constant at Villa Park is the fans.

Loyal as always.

We know we deserve better but todays footballers are egotistical mercenaries who always think the grass is greener.

Sky have ruined football with their wankfest of the top 4.

Just want this deal done asap minimum £35M.

Take the piss Benteke, we'll take the money.

The problem is, it is a never ending cycle. Sell best player. Buy new player. New player does well. Sell that player.

We will never get to the stage (chumps league) where players will stay. Spurs always seem to hold onto players far longer than we do and are doing well for it. Ultimately i suppose unless we get bought out by a mega rich owner we will always be a feeder club to the perceived "top clubs".

Honestly i'm just getting tired of how predictable this is all becoming. It makes it hard to enjoy football because you know ultimately if a player has a good season he will have his head turned and be off as soon as possible. I don't see how people can be excited by transfers anymore, everyone we sign will leave at the drop of a hat for chumps league and a bigger pay packet.

Sigh.

I agree its frustrating. It's totally pointless supporting a team in the PL unless you have an arab in charge or you're already established at the top with years of stability.

However, just on the Okore point, I get the impression he is a better and more loyal person than Benteke. I never got the impression Benteke really wanted to be here at any point.

Sigh.

That's not a Villa issue per se, that's the same for most, if not all but the very top clubs. Same's happens to Spuds, Arsenal even Man Utd.

There's always a bigger fish offering a bigger stage to talent. In fact, that can be said of any industry, not just football.

well, i knew this day would come i didn't expect it to be this soon. i am deeply dissapointed in benteke i would understand if u guys would ban me from the website. :(

The question is if he moves to another English club, which club will you support, Villa or Benteke's new team? 

• Like 1

well, i knew this day would come i didn't expect it to be this soon. i am deeply dissapointed in benteke i would understand if u guys would ban me from the website. :(

Don't worry you can stay as long as Chelsea give us Lukaku :D

Ah yeah... just realised I've now gotta break this to a six year old who thinks Benteke is the best player in the world. (Not right now. In the morning. That would be all kinds of screwed up)

Perhaps I could post a picture of my lad's tear-stained face to CB's twitter feed. He does a good line in heartbroken, downtrodden misery, my lad.

• Like 1

Dissapointed but I guess its inevitable. Hope we get a good price for him and can use the money wisely. Its a set back to Lambert's plans but it doesn't mean we wont still progress.

Don't be silly - I hope you stick around even without Benteke.

No chance mate you are one of us now!!

I wonder though, is he a Mourinho signing? Mourinho prefers established players not younger ones

I think he's very much a Mourinho style player. Mourinho plays very direct football and it will be a case of 'give the ball to Benteke and let him score' just like it was with Drogba

Stylistically yes it just seems like Mourinho likes to spend on expensive completely proven players, not gamble on young talent. Look at his past signings, most are older no?

Why on Earth would you get banned?

What? Don't be silly!!

You've been great! Hope you'll be active on the forums even if benteke goes :-)

Â