Christian Benteke

Kwan

Belgian guy do you know the reason for the recent success of Belgian players ('86 generation and younger)?

Did something change in the way club develop players? It really is remarkable the talent that Belgium have.

the main reason i think is that Belgian players now get the chanse to prove them on higher levels. but we have waited and worked very long on our national squad we have streighted our difference and became 1 proud nation we also are just lucky that in this generation lots of talent is. but our land is not so big in comparison with like brasil or germany/france/engeland our fishpooll will always smaller then other countries but atm we have lots of big fishes :P

Will Belgium ever produce a footballer as good as Eddy Merckx was a cyclist :) ? Who is the footballing equivalent of Tom Bonnen? And of late Franck Vandenbrouke?

hmm Eden Hazard thibaut Courtois and lukaku/benteke are very prommesing but time will tell :P (just called some names i know we have more good ppl)

wow i wish i could write english without faults :s

I think Benteke will be playing for someone else this season.

OK.  I think he will give us one more season.  Go to the world cup and then come back and be sold to a massive club after.  Providing he can reproduce last seasons form!  We couldn't argue with that as we'd have another season from him and a hefty amount of dollar.

Are you the guy that knows Gabby?  Or was it someone else than said during McLeish's reign that they knew him and that he was unhappy?  I am not trying to start an arguement BTW I just can't recall and had been wondering recently who that poster was!

Yeah i know gabby. Im friends with his brother as he played football with a couple of my pals. I think Benteke will go if someone offers £25m. Just a gut feeling, I think somebody will offer that amount too.

• Like 1

Well, if he goes, tripling the initial investment on Tekkers will make selling Bent for less than a third of what we paid for him a little easier to bear.

For such a small nation, Belgium have an amazing national side. I seem to recall they had a very good side very early 80's too.

Really hope we can keep Benteke, got a feeling we could have a great season if he stays and is fully focused and on board with the Lambert project.

• Like 1

For such a small nation, Belgium have an amazing national side. I seem to recall they had a very good side very early 80's too.

Really hope we can keep Benteke, got a feeling we could have a great season if he stays and is fully focused and on board with the Lambert project.

yea we are 10th on the rank list :D

That means nothing :) england are 15th

IMO, it would be a colossal mistake if he left us now. To go play for a side that rotates him in and out week to week would cripple his progress. I hope this is being stressed to him.

That means nothing :) england are 15th

That also means nothing   :rolleyes:  Brazil were down to 20 something before the Confederations cup, Belgium have a great squad and could make it all the way if not the QF would be a great achievement for them. I really hope they do well and for one i will back them all the way (Love the underdogs)

• Like 1

Well Benteke is back in training today. Hopefully after spending some time having a laugh with the rest of the squad he'll decide to sign a new contract.

Wishful thinking? Probably. But we all need to have hope.

Belgian guy do you know the reason for the recent success of Belgian players ('86 generation and younger)?

Did something change in the way club develop players? It really is remarkable the talent that Belgium have.

Nothing new but a good read:

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/features/3834/why-belgium-has-the-most-exciting-footballers-in-the-world/

• Like 1

I think he will go and wants to go.

But there must be a firm bid first that AVFC are willing to accept.

I have it on good authority PL has a player lined up to replace him....should the disappointment happen

Ps The whole thing makes sense for one more season, but I think he has a "this guns for hire" mentality.

With him being back in training Monday we should know one way or the other pretty soon.

**EDIT** my mistake - according the OS, he's back today along with the other internationals.

Edited by theboyangel

Nothing new but a good read:

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/features/3834/why-belgium-has-the-most-exciting-footballers-in-the-world/

a fantastic article :) made me very proud.

What makes you think he wants to go? For someone who supposedly wants to leave he's doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

Good point

Well, if he goes, tripling the initial investment on Tekkers will make selling Bent for less than a third of what we paid for him a little easier to bear.

Please stop calling him "Tekkers"! This isn't the appalling Soccer AM!

what means tekkers?

what means tekkers?

Brilliant technique.

Â