Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He did well to elbow Suarez in the head. Notice that Liverpool didn't kick the ball out as he was rolling about holdng his head and screaming like a girl.

Having spent his childhood diving around Urugaian football pitches, Suarez probably never heard the tale of the little boy who cried wolf.

Bacuna is 22, again why do fans give players like Albrighton, Clark and even Herd numerous chances but when it comes to the likes of Bacuna or Sylla, lets shift them out their rubbish. Also Stevo mentions he hasn't seen Bacuna play well, have a re-watch of the Sunderland game where Bacuna was in midfield.

• Like 1

Bacuna is 22, again why do fans give players like Albrighton, Clark and even Herd numerous chances but when it comes to the likes of Bacuna or Sylla, lets shift them out their rubbish. Also Stevo mentions he hasn't seen Bacuna play well, have a re-watch of the Sunderland game where Bacuna was in midfield.

No I didn't. I said he hasn't been particularly good wherever he's played.

He's had a good game at fullback as well as midfield. But in general, he hasn't been good.

Joe Bennett's had a good game, doesn't mean he's good (sorry Joe)

Edited by Stevo985

He's had a good game at fullback as well as midfield. But in general, he hasn't been good.

So you say he hasn't been particularly good wherever he's played, then go on to state he's had a good game at fullback as well as midfield. For 800k, he's been a good buy for me, he never stops working hard, he's still only 22 and can get better once he plays in his rightful place of CM with Delph and Westwood, when I thought he played well there against Sunderland and Liverpool.

• Like 1

Yes. I meant in general he hasn't been particularly good. I didn't say he hasn't had a good game.

Like I said, Joe Bennett, for example, has had a good game. But I think you'd find few who would say he's been particularly good (so far)

For 800k he's fine. But he shouldn't be starting imo.

Yes. I meant in general he hasn't been particularly good. I didn't say he hasn't had a good game.

Like I said, Joe Bennett, for example, has had a good game. But I think you'd find few who would say he's been particularly good (so far)

For 800k he's fine. But he shouldn't be starting imo.

So you say he hasn't been particularly good wherever he's played, then go on to state he's had a good game at fullback as well as midfield. For 800k, he's been a good buy for me, he never stops working hard, he's still only 22 and can get better once he plays in his rightful place of CM with Delph and Westwood, when I thought he played well there against Sunderland and Liverpool.

I was responding to that comment above, now I know what you mean it's all good.

I realise he isn't exactly up against stiff opposition, but I think Bacuna probably represents our best transfer business over last summer. Okore may take that title in time, but i'm encouraged, if not entirely overwhelmed, with how Bacuna has been performing this year.

Anyone reckon we put Herd in at RB to let Leandro up into midfield in place of KEA? Herd's had some real standout performances at RB for me. It's CB where he's struggled. I reckon PL could be after a new RB this window.

When has Herd had these stand out performances at RB?

His best performances came in midfield under he who must not be named, he should have got player of the season that year over Stephen **** Ireland. Hes never had a go in midfield since which is strange because as limited as he is I think he'd be a better tackling mid than Sylla, and thats nothing against Sylla who I think does a job.

• Like 1

Anyone reckon we put Herd in at RB to let Leandro up into midfield in place of KEA? Herd's had some real standout performances at RB for me. It's CB where he's struggled. I reckon PL could be after a new RB this window.

When has Herd had these stand out performances at RB?

His best performances came in midfield under he who must not be named, he should have got player of the season that year over Stephen **** Ireland. Hes never had a go in midfield since which is strange because as limited as he is I think he'd be a better tackling mid than Sylla, and thats nothing against Sylla who I think does a job.

He played at RB under both Houllier and H.W.M.N.B.N, who only moved him to centre midfield after he bought Hutton. He was at RB for the first few games and was excellent - got MOM against Wolves i think. Herd and Petrov together in midfield was briefly one of the few highlights of that season.

• 2 weeks later...