Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He's worth a go in the central trio.

What I like with him and Delph is we have plenty of energy in there and can allow Ash to sit infront of the back 4 and dictate play. Think back to end of last season and it was Delph, Westwood and Sylla doing o.k so really just taken Sylla out  as he's been woeful this term and Bacuna can provide the energy. The dynamic works better than KEA just plodding along in there.

• Like 1

Bacuna has the physical attributes to play at this level but technically he's as average as the majority of our players.

He's worse than most technically and that's saying something!

Weird as he's hit a few decent FKs already.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot cross to save his life. Did make a difference though,

Middle of the park is where he is meant to be IMO, kinda shows in his game as well. His willingness to go for it got us the chance which led to our goal today.

Anyone else see Bacuna waiting for Gabby to overlap into attacking space, Gabby just stood and looked at him.

This happened a couple of times, Bacuna could see the opportunity but Gabby couldn't.

I think this guy will become a great signing. Can he play in the middle?

• Like 1

Anyone else see Bacuna waiting for Gabby to overlap into attacking space, Gabby just stood and looked at him.

This happened a couple of times, Bacuna could see the opportunity but Gabby couldn't.

The middle is his preferred position, although when he was able to drift around today from right to the middle, to the left, back to the right and so on he seemed really good. A lot of energy, maybe he can indeed play 'in the hole' - worth a shot if nobody else can.

The middle is his preferred position, although when he was able to drift around today from right to the middle, to the left, back to the right and so on he seemed really good. A lot of energy, maybe he can indeed play 'in the hole' - worth a shot if nobody else can.

mick.gif