What other clubs do you support?

nepal_villan

I'd love it.  I'm desperate for Villa and 'Gladbach to play each other.  And if it were a competitive game, say Europa League or something, then it's win/win.

I had a situation a good few years back where one of my mates was Cardiff City through and through, fanatical for years, but they played Barry in the Welsh Cup final. His home town team with his mates in the team.

He was sat in amongst the Barry fans but cheered and went loopy when Cardiff scored, joining in the singing from the opposite side. Stewards all got a bit edgy and tried to eject him but we persuaded them otherwise. The fact that he was a body builder and clearly drunk help persuade them not to get all physical and just 'monitor' from afar. A short time later Barry scored two and he was delirious. He actually cried. Drinking buddies have scored goals that put us into Europe.

Game ended with a Barry win and he went home very happy, in his Cardiff shirt.

• Like 1

I also like watching individual players like Messi, Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Pato, Ibra, Balotelli, Van Nistlerooy, Henry, Pires, Staam, Maldini, Seedorf, Zanetti, Totti, Costa Curta, Ronaldinho, Carlos, Beckham, Nesta, Gattuso, Berkamp, Giggs, Scholes and anyone else who can change a game in an instant, or who is the epitome of classy.

The above list are just some of the players who I respect for being so good at the game and really working hard to get where they are and achieving so much in the game.

They are the players which make this sport worth watching, they are the ones who are worth the entrance fee for me.  

for me, if Villa were ever to just.. disappear, I'd be gutted, but then I'd think, at least I can just watch the game for what it is and enjoy it, rather than getting annoyed when we lose! :D 

Please don't put Balotelli in the same list as those other legends. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath and will never be as good as them.

Edited by Voinjama

you cant support more than 1 club.

obviously the is others you might enjoy watching

Surely this thread would tend to suggest otherwise, n'est-ce pas?

thats the point

thread makes no sense

everyone on here SHOULD a villa fan

yes you can look out for other teams results or players but you can only support Villa

what happens when your 2 clubs play each other?

I get what you are saying and perhaps because the BPL is arguably the best league in the world English football fans have no real reason to support anyone else. In America however you will find many soccer fans who support their local MLS team and a European side. Now for those of us who have some pretty funky lineage it's more than understandable that we have a few more teams we might support.

Obviously there is a pecking order in the level of support for the different teams, but to say Villa are the only team I get upset about when they lose (or euphoric when they win) would be far from accurate. 

• Like 1

I also like watching individual players like Messi, Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Pato, Ibra, Balotelli, Van Nistlerooy, Henry, Pires, Staam, Maldini, Seedorf, Zanetti, Totti, Costa Curta, Ronaldinho, Carlos, Beckham, Nesta, Gattuso, Berkamp, Giggs, Scholes and anyone else who can change a game in an instant, or who is the epitome of classy.

The above list are just some of the players who I respect for being so good at the game and really working hard to get where they are and achieving so much in the game.

They are the players which make this sport worth watching, they are the ones who are worth the entrance fee for me.

for me, if Villa were ever to just.. disappear, I'd be gutted, but then I'd think, at least I can just watch the game for what it is and enjoy it, rather than getting annoyed when we lose! :D

I don't think I'd ever be able to watch the game again. Not because I don't enjoy football generally, but without my Villa I'd fall out of love with it. It could never be the same.

I don't think I'd ever be able to watch the game again. Not because I don't enjoy football generally, but without my Villa I'd fall out of love with it. It could never be the same.

Nah. I can tell you from experience that when your favourite team "disappears", the whole perception of football changes.

My team is Israel still exists - playing even in the first tier of football. Still, the ways thing work behind the scenes brought me to take 500 steps back (for instance, 21 of the club employees are related to the chairman). Surprisingly enough, this allowed me to watch Israeli football more... let's say - calmly. I wasn't that moved by a specific result and all of a sudden - I could enjoy a football game. Just needed to pick the team I wanted to win the specific match, sit back and enjoy. Well, the crappy football has nothing to do with enjoyment - but that's another story.

PEC Zwolle, due to my girlfriend.

They stayed up in Eredivisie this year, only just - went to the last few games of the season, but they had just enough.

So a complete contrast to my first choice club then.....

interesting day for my other club today

The Welsh FA are meeting to decide what, if any, league they will be in next season

There has been a strange set up there for 10 years with the owner having no interest at all in the team and the whole of team affairs being run by a fan commitee. The owner lost interest shortly after picking up the club on the cheap when they went bust, he tried to sell it for random amounts of money (anywhere from £160,000 to £250,000 and at one point offered it for £5,000 a year forever as a sort of rental!) - but always changed his mind at the last minute. I think his own personal mental torture was that if somebody was prepared to buy it, then it was probably worth more than he was selling it for. It was quite a circualr tortuous place for the guy.

Anyway, the self financing self running club was run by the suporters, they did all the admin and secretarial duties, appointed the manager, got sponsorship, bought the shirts and manned the gates. The club was 6th in Div 1 with 2 games to go and had an end of season awards ceremony in St Davids Hotel, Cardiff Bay with guest speakers Matt LeTis and Sol Campbell.

The owner had a head fit, appointed himself the new secretary and phoned the FAW to tell them he was now secretary so he wanted to close the club down. The Welsh FA, being the sensible switched on progressive clued up guys that they are, did what he wanted. Strangely, this appears to have caused £12,500 of prize money (Welsh Cup semi finalists) to go missing. The FAW say they've paid out, it ain't in our football bank account. With two games to go (one later that evening with kits already set out on benches), the club was closed and their record expunged.

There is a meeting today at the FA, with bank accounts showing solvency (even without the £12.5k), a petition from 1,250 supporters and proof the club was wholly run by the supporters right up until that phonecall. Part of the proof of who was running the club was the fact that the manager was 'sacked' by the owner back at Christmas. But the fans, the committee, the league and the Manager simply didn't recognise this and carried on regardless for a further 4 months until withdrawn from the league.

Hopefully today the club is fully reinstated to League 1, worst possible result I can see is that they will be knocked back to division 3. In which case, we've lost a couple of years progress, but officially, legally, we will totally own our own club AND hold the franchise paperwork. Absolute fan ownership, for the people.

So ts either a very good day, or a **** outstanding day as I see it.

The Welsh FA really don't know how to run an association, do they? I don't know if it's the same in the Cymru Alliance, but this "Super-six" thing they do in the middle on the season in the FAW Premier League really does confuse me. Bangor seem to end up playing Prestatyn about forty times a season.

• 2 weeks later...

I support no other team but I always like to see millwall do well as I have family who are millwall, I once had a millwall shirt and scarf when I was younger, also like rangers to do well but I'm villa through and through and love them with all my heart

1.FC Nürnberg because I lived there for so long, and VfB Stuttgart because that was the first kit I designed and my mate played for them.

The Italian national team because that's the most successful kit I designed - it'll be hard to beat that really!

Edited by NurembergVillan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â