Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Meh, it's a tradition for Villa to have a CB with dodgy knees, it just wouldn't be right if we didn't have one. But hopefully those nightmare knee problems won't trouble him too much. Cross fingers.

You're making things up, since when has vlaar had bad knees??

It's a bullshit rumour that he is injury prone, started on here by people that don't rate him

Edited by villan_007

Meh, it's a tradition for Villa to have a CB with dodgy knees, it just wouldn't be right if we didn't have one. But hopefully those nightmare knee problems won't trouble him too much. Cross fingers.

It's a bullshit rumour that he is injury prone, started on here by people that don't rate him

I rate Vlaar highly, but he his injury prone no question. Specifically he has regular calf problems that tend to recur. Concrete Ron is possibly our best defender but we need at least 2 new Central Defenders to provide both cover & competition amongst themselves in this vital position.

Hypothetically who would he replace? Vlaar is our captain and Baker is vastly improving...

Baker wishes he was as good as okore.

Agreed. Vastly improving? I'm not so sure about that. Everytime I see him play I'm biting my nails waiting for him to give away a penalty or a freekick in a stupid area. He needs to learn a bit of control. I'll forgive the own goals as the last one wasn't really his fault, but he needs to calm down. We need centre-backs with cool heads.

I rate Vlaar highly, but he his injury prone no question. Specifically he has regular calf problems that tend to recur. Concrete Ron is possibly our best defender but we need at least 2 new Central Defenders to provide both cover & competition amongst themselves in this vital position.

He has been here for one season, and got one calf strain, prob due to the change in speed of playing prem football. That is hardly injury prone, and I doubt Lambert would have signed him if he was.

Didn't Vlaar miss nearly two complete seasons with some knee issues?

He has been here for one season, and got one calf strain, prob due to the change in speed of playing prem football. That is hardly injury prone, and I doubt Lambert would have signed him if he was.

As a Villa player, at the moment I'd class him as injury prone. He missed a huge chunk of our season and he has form with his previous club. (Not that the injuries are probably related or blame the player - but he has had them)

Hypothetically who would he replace? Vlaar is our captain and Baker is vastly improving...

Baker wishes he was as good as okore.

Agreed. Vastly improving? I'm not so sure about that. Everytime I see him play I'm biting my nails waiting for him to give away a penalty or a freekick in a stupid area. He needs to learn a bit of control. I'll forgive the own goals as the last one wasn't really his fault, but he needs to calm down. We need centre-backs with cool heads.

Baker was a liability at the beginning of the season though to be fair towards the end he was fantastic.

Yep. Did his cruciate, then medial, then worryingly his cruciate again (hopefully not an indication of permanent weakness there). On a positive note Nistelrooy did his cruciate twice, second time because he rushed back, but it never caused him problems later on.

I love making this shit up, I've one hell of an imagination!

• Like 1

Yep. Did his cruciate, then medial, then worryingly his cruciate again (hopefully not an indication of permanent weakness there). On a positive note Nistelrooy did his cruciate twice, second time because he rushed back, but it never caused him problems later on.

I love making this shit up, I've one hell of an imagination!

Bad choice of words from me, but those injuries we're at the start of his career a bit like Gardner, he has gone on to have consistent injury free seasons at the heart of a good feynoord side. You are labelling him as injury prone by saying i hope there's no permanent weakness there when it's quite clear there isn't.

Vlaar also broke a bone in his foot whilst with Feyenoord meaning he missed another half season. 

I'm not sure what the definition of "injury prone" is but he has had 5 serious long term injuries in his last 7 seasons.

I don't think Baker has ever been a liability.

I'd put him in the Laursen/Dunne category of defending. The all action hero kind. Yes there are differences in ability between the three, yes all three were prone to errors because of the style they portray. That does not make them a "liability", you take the rough with the smooth.

I hate that word, I love Baker. Our defence needs work, mostly down the left hand side, but due to how we play we're never going to be solid enough for some.

If we're going to buy a central defender he needs to be ridiculously good already (thus out of range) or have that kind of potential

Age has no relevance. Ever.

• Like 2

Vlaar isn't a sick note...

He had time out with 1 injury during this season. If a player broke his leg and missed the season, would you call him a sicknote?

He also missed games against Arsenal and Man. City in February as he had a "knock" in training.

Plus all the injuries he had at Feyenoord.

Vlaar isn't a sick note...

He had time out with 1 injury during this season. If a player broke his leg and missed the season, would you call him a sicknote?

He also missed games against Arsenal and Man. City in February as he had a "knock" in training.

Plus all the injuries he had at Feyenoord.

• Like 1

Â