Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I took a Sheffield Wednesday fan with me yesterday and he said Tonev was the worst player he has ever seen...

He must have been one of those Bulgarian type Match Of The Day players similar to Adam Johnson and countless others over the years.. Looks good on youtube or MOTD but when really watch him he is as poor as can be.

Awful player offers nothing, if we shipped him out this month he would'nt be missed 1 single bit! Whoever has scouted this player needs a disaplinery. Send anyone of us out looking for a player for say 3 months on a budget and im sure we could find better than Tonev!

I thought he had a few nice touches early on but faded badly which is a worry given the level of opposition.He might need more time and the team as a whole is not performing but honestly I don't see what he offers more than Grealish or even Carruthers at this point.

Don't think he's the worst of Lambert's signings.

Better than Luna IMO. Even defensively, i'd rather Tonev at left back.

i agree luna is garbage and after watching lichaj play today for forest i dont know why we sold him he would walk into our team atm and if lichaj is championship standard player then luna is league 2 at best tonev is also garbage and would rather see grealish or carutthers in the squad over him even bowery offers more than this guy and that is saying something.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I would rather see him tried there than Luna. He has done some good defensive work recently.

• Like 1

ATOMIC CLEARANCE

He'd probably be able to keep them on target from within our half too ;)

• Like 3

Awful player offers nothing, if we shipped him out this month he would'nt be missed 1 single bit! Whoever has scouted this player needs a disaplinery. Send anyone of us out looking for a player for say 3 months on a budget and im sure we could find better than Tonev!

I think he was recommended to the club by Petrov.

Nowhere near Premier League quality and never will be.  He came with a reputation for having a fierce shot but the only ones he scares with his shooting are the old folk in row z.  Worst shooting I have ever seen.

Another waste of money

• Like 1

Â