Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

When I see him out there, I still don't think he's really a player. There's something funny about him (or me?). His hair? He looks like a little boy.

He has no brain, or strength.

If he gets those, he could become a player. Miles away still.

we should ban him from shooting for the next few games. Outright tell him unless he's got an open goal he's not to pull the trigger, that might get him putting the head up instead of thinking about when he's going to hit one all the time

Of course it could also ruin the guy :lol: 

Actually thought he looked proper decent today, best performance so far. With the exception of that one awful shot towards the north stand his shooting didn't look as sh*t as it usually does either.

I think him and Helenius are Lambert's "project" players... Bring them in for a relatively small fee, train them in the aspects they need improving on, (decision making, strength.. Stuff like that) Then once they are ready we have first team options... I think He will come good for us and it will be a case of him staying in the team for a while when he does!

Doesn't lack the confidence or ambition but my god his shooting is awful, very frustrating but obviously hope he does come good. I mean we won anyway so his decision making wont be under much spotlight but had we drawn or even lost i think more people would be kicking up a fuss.

I think him and Helenius are Lambert's "project" players... Bring them in for a relatively small fee, train them in the aspects they need improving on, (decision making, strength.. Stuff like that) Then once they are ready we have first team options... I think He will come good for us and it will be a case of him staying in the team for a while when he does!

The difference is that Tonev is still getting game-time to supplement his development. 

The difference is that Tonev is still getting game-time to supplement his development. 

Indeed, problem is we have a decent amount of forwards compared to "wingers" Helenius should come good I feel, he has bags of ability ala tonev!

Terrible, terrible decision making - he's talented, he's quite quick and he's got good feet, but he's going to need to learn when to do things, which things to do and how to best have an impact on a game - he was barely in the first half and though better in the second half, he still didn't really add anything in terms of end product - he needs to figure out where the ball should be going, he looks to have the ability to put it where he wants it, but he wants to put it in all the wrong places.

In an ideal world we'd send him on loan somewhere to learn the game.

Terrible, terrible decision making - he's talented, he's quite quick and he's got good feet, but he's going to need to learn when to do things, which things to do and how to best have an impact on a game - he was barely in the first half and though better in the second half, he still didn't really add anything in terms of end product - he needs to figure out where the ball should be going, he looks to have the ability to put it where he wants it, but he wants to put it in all the wrong places.

I do genuinely think his decision making will come with more games played in this league and with his new team mates. He's 23 so the negatives can be coached out.. the one shining positive is as you say, his ability... He has bags of it.. You can tell he wants to do well for us and for that I'll take the "long shots" from distance because one will go in soon, least they are toned down now!

Weimann is on the right those isn't he  Would you prefer him to Gabby in the team?

I'd prefer him to Weimann .. I don't think I'd do to Gabby as I rate Gabby a lot .. Still thinks he might be better with ball the both of them .. It's his third start after all ..

I actually thought he was quite good today - especially compared with this nightmare debut.

Had a big hand in the few opportunities we had in the first half and contributed to our second goal. Certainly room for improvement - but he's showing promise.

Â