programmes that haven't aged well

leemond2008

The golden age of British documentaries -

The World at War

Life on Earth

Civilisation

The Ascent of Man

Alistair Cook's America

Documentaries are always going to be time sensitive, after a while they become historical documents. Science advances, society changes, new historical evidence emerges etc

To clarify: I wasn't saying they've aged badly; quite the opposite, they are still brilliant. My daughters (in their 20s) think so, too.

Krypton Factor

Also, although to a lesser extent (probably because it now seems so cliched, and has been parodied so much), Who Wants to be a Millionaire? It's not even that old, but it reeks of the 90s (and not in a good way) which is rather funny as it was on air during the 00's a lot more.

The golden age of British documentaries -

The World at War

Life on Earth

Civilisation

The Ascent of Man

Alistair Cook's America

Documentaries are always going to be time sensitive, after a while they become historical documents. Science advances, society changes, new historical evidence emerges etc

To clarify: I wasn't saying they've aged badly; quite the opposite, they are still brilliant. My daughters (in their 20s) think so, too.

shouldn't they be in the" programmes that have aged well"  thread then ? :)

What about blockbuster? Never was into it, bullseye is so dated but I can never turn it over when the repeats come on, if I remember right back in the late 80s when I was only about 6 bullseye used to follow the football on a sunday didn't it, you would have game of the day on then the highlights from saturdays games then bullseye, a memory that springs to mind from that time was tony daley getting the ball in the villa half and off down the wing he went and cutting inside to score a great goal, can't remember who it was against but it always stuck in my mind, I used to love some of the 90s programes like soldier soldier and I loved band of gold, you can always tell a 90s programe

Top of the Pops?... Or is it just that the people involved in that program have aged terribly over the past year?

Especially the victims - although the repressed memories may have something to do with that

One that does hold up well - watched it this evening - "Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?". The episode where they were trying to avoid the England-Bulgaria result. Classic. 

They should bring this back! A family feud match to begin with as well, Great commentators, "He's at full gallop!"

And in the second, what can you say about a beautiful piece of coin tickling?

I can't think of any sitcoms that have aged well, with the exception of Blackadder, and possibly Red Dwarf.

Only fools, open all hours have aged well

And the likely lads was out 20 years before I was born, still find them funny

and Porridge

Only Fools & Horses and Porridge have aged well for sure, not so convinced about Open All Hours... saw a few of these a while back, bit painful at times.

Anything made by Joss Whedon

They seem amazing when you're a teenager then when you watch them back 10 years later the dialogue makes you want to gouge your own eyes out. 

If you have fond memories of Buffy or Firefly, please don't rewatch them.

Men Behaving Badly was essentially a remake of The Likely Lads. 

And an awful one at that.

I loathed that 'comedy'. Martin **** Clunes and Neil **** Morrissey? terrible stuff.

Â