programmes that haven't aged well

leemond2008

I can't think of any sitcoms that have aged well, with the exception of Blackadder, and possibly Red Dwarf.

Only fools, open all hours have aged well

And the likely lads was out 20 years before I was born, still find them funny

Edited by Jimzk5

I can't think of any sitcoms that have aged well, with the exception of Blackadder, and possibly Red Dwarf.

Only fools, open all hours have aged well

And the likely lads was out 20 years before I was born, still find them funny

and Porridge

• Like 3

The young ones

Yeah I mentioned Young Ones in another thread and how unfunny it was now I'm not 14

Bottom is still timeless " I haven't got time to grow a beard" and " I am death" still cracks me up

• Like 1

I think that steptoe and son has aged well, considering it was shot in black and white it kind of gives it that timeless quality

I'm not certain but I think steptoe was filmed in the early 60s with a massive gap between the series, think the last 2 series were filmed in colour in the 70s.

The young ones

Yeah I mentioned Young Ones in another thread and how unfunny it was now I'm not 14

Bottom is still timeless " I haven't got time to grow a beard" and " I am death" still cracks me up

Sorry... HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS?

• Like 2

I think that steptoe and son has aged well, considering it was shot in black and white it kind of gives it that timeless quality

I'm not certain but I think steptoe was filmed in the early 60s with a massive gap between the series, think the last 2 series were filmed in colour in the 70s.

Yeah when it went colour it wasn't as good

I can't stand modern comedy or american comedy's but what I do love and it does not matter how many times I watch it I still crack up every time is rising damp, steptoe, some mothers do ave em, only fools, til death do us part, open all hours, porridge, dads army, absolute timeless the old comedy's are

Fawlty towers, never found it funny, think it was too slapstick.

Little Britain ... shite from the first second

Right that's it. I'm watching your every move :P :P

I can't stand modern comedy or american comedy's but what I do love and it does not matter how many times I watch it I still crack up every time is rising damp, steptoe, some mothers do ave em, only fools, til death do us part, open all hours, porridge, dads army, absolute timeless the old comedy's are

stepoe and son, some mothers do ave em and fools and horses are all top notch.

though I think that some mothers do ave em coul go into the ''dated'' pile

The golden age of British documentaries -

The World at War

Life on Earth

Civilisation

The Ascent of Man

Alistair Cook's America

Documentaries are always going to be time sensitive, after a while they become historical documents. Science advances, society changes, new historical evidence emerges etc

Â