Pre Season games annouced.

R.I.C.O.

Really tempted by the Walsall game this year. Anyone fancy a meet up?

We could do a VT meet up thing. I'm sure the interest would be there and as it's a nothing game it would be pressure free.

Exactly what i was thinking. Find a neutral pub nearby should be a good crack.

Huge party plan

Shamrock Rovers also added to the tour.

Villa will now play Shamrock Rovers in their pre-season tour.

The clash with the League of Ireland side has been added to the extensive schedule ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.

The game with Enda Stevens's former team will take place on Sunday August 4, kick-off 2pm.

It will be played at Tallaght Stadium.

Link

Huge party planned for Dublin!!!

http://astonvilla.ie/shamrock-rovers-vs-aston-villa-august-2013/

Facebook event too!

https://www.facebook.com/events/148891745296328

Just checked and I'm working that weekend. :bang:

I wish we played 1 home game during PS, I would love to take my 4 year old daughter.

Still in the works -

From the OS

... "Club chiefs are also working hard to organise a home friendly before the start of the new term."

I wish we played 1 home game during PS, I would love to take my 4 year old daughter.

Still in the works -

From the OS

... "Club chiefs are also working hard to organise a home friendly before the start of the new term."

So who o we think it will be?.......................Would love to see Benfica at VP, that would be ace!

I must be the only person that thinks PSFs should be used to give us a game against smaller opposition to help them financially then rather than big "phwoar!!" friendly clashes.

I really want to go to all of them.... may not go to the Germans as would need 3 days of holiday and of course staying there

I must be the only person that thinks PSFs should be used to give us a game against smaller opposition to help them financially then rather than big "phwoar!!" friendly clashes.

I really want to go to all of them.... may not go to the Germans as would need 3 days of holiday and of course staying there

I think you need  to strike a balance. PS is all about getting fit but you need to play against some quality opposition too because you need to be fully prepared & match fit when the season ultimately kicks off. You don't just want to be playing poor opposition because ultimately you can end up losing to them too & that can damage confidence especially amongst the fans. The 3-1 reverse at Notts Forest last season being a case in kind.

Still in the works -

From the OS

So who o we think it will be?.......................Would love to see Benfica at VP, that would be ace!

I could see it being Celtic. Get the Stan charity game that many people really want.

Thought maybe they would have a villa-celtic game this summer to raise money for Stan's charity? Perhaps they have decided to wait for another year to get the ball rolling first. I am sure it would get 2 sell outs.

i read somewhere a few weeks ago we might be playing a Bulgarian XI

Â