Financial implications of survival / New TV money

danceoftheshamen

It means we might actually be able to afford the 7th highest wage bill in the league :) 

It probably has more significance to the deloitte money league than the premier league in terms of what changes we can expect to see, but it sorts out the premier league teams not really having to worry about Uefas FFP plans all that much.

and as the other guys and girls have said for us it just depends on when, how, if and how quickly randy wants his money back. 

Who knows, maybe Randy likes what he sees under Lambert and, along with several high earners out of contract or on the move, will aim to back him for the future.

Finally, I think we could be out of the MON related recession with the wages coming into line as to how the club want them.

The TV money is a false economoy. It wont' mean much in the long run, apart from the fact that we're a lot better off still being in the league.

It means we'll be more attractive to lower league and foreign players that we've spotted, but in terms of buying players from Premier League clubs, you're right it'll make no difference as all the prices and wages will be up across the board by the same amount in line with the additional income

The only way that the new money won't benefit us is if we wanted to buy a player from a another Prem team... that was never going to happen anyway!! Hopefully what it will mean is we will be more ambitious in our signing from abroad! Hypothetically what this new money will result in is players from the 4th and 5th teams in spain, now moving to the 6th and 7th teams in the premier league... and so on. Also Spanish teams are completely broke and English teams are richer than they have ever been! Lets sign all the good young players lol!

Did anyone see the incognitoavfc tweets this morning (obviously Faulkner or the words of randy/Faulkner)?

Can't copy and paste on my phone but the gist was this season was always going to be hard, highs and lows, club stronger for the experience and lambert will make "astute" signings in the summer

It means we have gone from a club running in the red to a club running in the black, especially with the other large contracts that will be removed during the summer.

What Randy will do now is anybodies guess. I've never been convinced he "lost interest", more that he knew his place and his role in the utter shambles that we became.

Time will tell. Not very helpful I know, but I suspect we will be more competitive this summer than we have been for a while. 

It means we have gone from a club running in the red to a club running in the black, especially with the other large contracts that will be removed during the summer.

What Randy will do now is anybodies guess. I've never been convinced he "lost interest", more that he knew his place and his role in the utter shambles that we became.

Time will tell. Not very helpful I know, but I suspect we will be more competitive this summer than we have been for a while. 

He makes no money available in our hour of need.

He hardly ever attends games

.....what more evidence do you want that he has lost interest.

I wonder if all this extra money will go to cheaper tickets, subsided travel for fans, youth development,  and better stadia? Or to agents, hangers-on, deeply average footballers and bigger manager compensation deals? Hmmmn.

On another note, due to the silly money on offer even to finish a few places higher the table, gone is the old traditional fashion of blooding youngsters in the last few games of the season. This is a real shame. Shout out to Crewe though who played a youth XI in their last game this year- and won.

We basically get 80mill cheque straight away and should be spent on players instantly...!

Add that to the £20m we get for Bannan...

Fixed

Edited by Kiwivillan

Why sack McLeish and then spend £20m in the summer? January was, perhaps, a gamble of sorts. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, or passing judgement on his reign at all, only suggesting that it might not be as clear cut as some think. 

Why sack McLeish and then spend £20m in the summer? January was, perhaps, a gamble of sorts. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, or passing judgement on his reign at all, only suggesting that it might not be as clear cut as some think. 

Yeah! The dirty fecker. He should of spent loads of cash on quality signings like QPR did...

I have done the math*, it turns out every Villa fan will be getting a million quid cash in hand next season! Bloody hell this staying up lark was more important than I thought!

*I have no idea

Maths. In order to come to that conclusion, you will have had to make more than one calculation. Though I know it was a gag, my dry personality won't let it go. You "do the math" if you're American or Canadian.

Although you could well be, in which case ignore me.

Back on topic, maybe we spend a little more to build on what we've got. The oddities I can see happening are either that Lerner shows he's done and sells up, or even more bonkers, pulls out the North Stand redevelopment that never happened.

• Like 1

I have done the math*, it turns out every Villa fan will be getting a million quid cash in hand next season! Bloody hell this staying up lark was more important than I thought!

*I have no idea

Maths. In order to come to that conclusion, you will have had to make more than one calculation. Though I know it was a gag, my dry personality won't let it go. You "do the math" if you're American or Canadian.

Although you could well be, in which case ignore me.

Back on topic, maybe we spend a little more to build on what we've got. The oddities I can see happening are either that Lerner shows he's done and sells up, or even more bonkers, pulls out the North Stand redevelopment that never happened.

I am English but lived in the USA for 20 years. My words get all confused :)

You "do the math" if you're American or Canadian.

I would say "do the math" has now gained common usage within British English as well (admittedly often used in a slightly arch or ironic way).

Off topic I know but until someone sets up a viable web site called "Grammar Talk" such discussions are bound to break out here.

You "do the math" if you're American or Canadian.

I would say "do the math" has now gained common usage within British English as well (admittedly often used in a slightly arch or ironic way).

Off topic I know but until someone sets up a viable web site called "Grammar Talk" such discussions are bound to break out here.

You don't do the Math if you are Carson Yeung................You simply take flight with the money & let others work it out! ;)

Â