Financial implications of survival / New TV money

danceoftheshamen

On Sunday,Newcastle & Sunderland have Arsenal & Spurs respectively,Fulham are away at Swansea,Norwich away at Man City & Southampton & Stoke play each other.

If we were to win on Sunday,we would leap frog anyone as far as 11th spot who doesn't win.I reckon this means theres something between 4 & 5 £million riding on this game.

We've had an amazing run since Everton away,winning every game pencilled down as "winnable" with the exception of Fulham.I have to say,loosing to Wigan will not upset me as much as drawing at Norwich would have done for example but to finish the season 11th or 12th would be brilliant & a few million into the coffers to boot wouldn't go a miss either.

It means we have gone from a club running in the red to a club running in the black, especially with the other large contracts that will be removed during the summer.

What Randy will do now is anybodies guess. I've never been convinced he "lost interest", more that he knew his place and his role in the utter shambles that we became.

Time will tell. Not very helpful I know, but I suspect we will be more competitive this summer than we have been for a while. 

He makes no money available in our hour of need.

He hardly ever attends games

.....what more evidence do you want that he has lost interest.

Why sack McLeish and then spend £20m in the summer? January was, perhaps, a gamble of sorts. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, or passing judgement on his reign at all, only suggesting that it might not be as clear cut as some think. 

The club was in open revolt over Mcleish - with fans threatening not to buy season tickets en masse. I think AM himself realised it wasn't going to work.

Youre right though - there was no need for him to invest a further £20m if he didn't want to. However he seems to be running villa - much as the Browns were run - Little involvement, little communication,hands off management, club consistently towards the bottom of the league, 

Youre right though - there was no need for him to invest a further £20m if he didn't want to. However he seems to be running villa - much as the Browns were run - Little involvement, little communication,hands off management, club consistently towards the bottom of the league, 

We've finished in the bottom half 3 out of his 7 seasons, which I'd hardly class as consistently towards the bottom of the league. Next season will be very telling with regards to Lerner's ambitions for the club

On Sunday,Newcastle & Sunderland have Arsenal & Spurs respectively,Fulham are away at Swansea,Norwich away at Man City & Southampton & Stoke play each other.

If we were to win on Sunday,we would leap frog anyone as far as 11th spot who doesn't win.I reckon this means theres something between 4 & 5 £million riding on this game.

We've had an amazing run since Everton away,winning every game pencilled down as "winnable" with the exception of Fulham.I have to say,loosing to Wigan will not upset me as much as drawing at Norwich would have done for example but to finish the season 11th or 12th would be brilliant & a few million into the coffers to boot wouldn't go a miss either.

Whether we finish in 11th or stay in 16th this will have no bearing on how much money Lerner makes available to Lambert in the summer. The extra money that we get from a higher position will just go into Lerner's back pocket (sorry the Lerner Family Trust) to cover his "management fees" that he gives himself.

I reckon Lerner will give Lambert £15m-£20m to spend on players with 50% of whatever he makes on sales. The rest of the extra cash from TV will go into Lerner's bank account.

Sorry I'm so cynical, we've seen this before. Our absentee owner will do the bare minimum to keep us "competitive". Anything extra will be acheived by our manager's skill and ability. He should be given a blank cheque really as I reckon he can take us places now the rot seems to have stopped. I don't think Lerner will match his ambitions though. 

Whether we finish in 11th or stay in 16th this will have no bearing on how much money Lerner makes available to Lambert in the summer. The extra money that we get from a higher position will just go into Lerner's back pocket (sorry the Lerner Family Trust) to cover his "management fees" that he gives himself.

I reckon Lerner will give Lambert £15m-£20m to spend on players with 50% of whatever he makes on sales. The rest of the extra cash from TV will go into Lerner's bank account.

Sorry I'm so cynical, we've seen this before. Our absentee owner will do the bare minimum to keep us "competitive". Anything extra will be acheived by our manager's skill and ability. He should be given a blank cheque really as I reckon he can take us places now the rot seems to have stopped. I don't think Lerner will match his ambitions though. 

have our released books not shown that lerner puts far, far more money out of his own pocket into the club than he makes from it?

After wasting huge sums of money in the past....I would suspect Paul Lambert has gained a bit of respect from the board in terms of recruitment.

My guess is there will be a few new faces coming in....just hope they make the same impact as (recent) previous faces, except we do need to go up a a gear.

PS keep to the modest buys and build the team spirit/dressing room.....thats what we are best at.

Edited by TRO

There is so much dead wood at the club i can only imagine a clear out will mean more players rather than TV money.

The issue for every club outside of the top 5/6 now is the ridiculous wages players demand, and until that changes we will have to gamble wildly on young bucks from lower divisions. 

have our released books not shown that lerner puts far, far more money out of his own pocket into the club than he makes from it?

As P3te says, how can anyone say Lerner hasn't put money in? Or that it didn't make sense to sort out the outgoings costing the club £50million a year? 

I don't understand how blinkered some of our fans can be. Tssk. 

Edited by praisedmambo

We've finished in the bottom half 3 out of his 7 seasons, which I'd hardly class as consistently towards the bottom of the league. Next season will be very telling with regards to Lerner's ambitions for the club

We may have finished in the bottom half 3out of his 7 seasons..... But it all relates to the same problem.

We just have to wait until the problem is ultimately washed away.

Â