Will West Bromwich Albion be relegated in 2013-14?

Marka Ragnos

Will West Bromwich Albion be relegated in 2013-14?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will West Bromwich Albion be relegated in 2013-14?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Don't care

I think they may well be a relegation candidate next season.

Lukaku and Odemwingie off.

Steve Clarke lacks experience at this level and won't have much money to spend to improve the squad, they are clearly on a downward spiral looking at their results over the past few months.

Doubt they'll go down but you wouldnt think they will do aswell, be boring without any derbys though and even though they are obsessed with us and desperate for us to go down i really wont give a shit whatever happens to them.

I think that 'don't care' option will make a balls of your poll. FWIW I voted 'no'.

I think you're right. I imagine that all the "don't cares" from Villa fans will actually sting many Baggie fans more than the yeses. 

Steve Clarke lacks experience at this level

He really doesn't.

As a manager I meant.

His experience in the top flight as number 2 to the likes of Mourinho et al means he's more than ready and this season has only gone to prove that for those who doubted it before.

Steve Clarke lacks experience at this level

He really doesn't.

As a manager I meant.

His experience in the top flight as number 2 to the likes of Mourinho et al means he's more than ready and this season has only gone to prove that for those who doubted it before.

Has he though? They got off to a flyer but since then he's done a damn fine job of making a balls of it. He's done an anti-Lambert, with the season we've had we shouldn't be anywhere near them, yet in my opinion we've a fine chance of finishing within 5 points with what is in essence a much poorer squad (at least for the time being).

I don't think he's proven anything yet. 

Yes, my experience of Baggies fans is that they're desperate to be noticed. They don't like being inconsequential and insignificant. Yes, they have finished above us two seasons running, but as our transition moves on apace, I can't see them doing it next season.

The funniest thing was when they were talking of Champions League, then Europa spot now it's we've finished higher than Villa. They were 15points clear of us, and by Sunday it could be just 5points, and let's be brutally honest we have been shit for 2/3rds of the season.

Probably not no. If I was a Norwich fan I would be worried. As the championship has been of varying quality this year, I would guess Hull and the playoff winner would be favourites to go down. Cardiff if they keep Mackay and spend a bit might be okay. Swansea might struggle with the extra games. Stoke we can only hope they will drop. As for Sunderland they could come in the top 10 or come 20th, I have no idea. As long as Villa come mid table, I dont really care!

Another one for the "don't care" option.

When I started that "Rise and Rise of WBA" thread I can only express its real purpose in being:

"you know that small and inoffensive local club for local people down the road, well they have had a pretty good start to the season, haven't they?" in a kind of way.

WBA fans hate us because we don't take them seriously. And thats the way it will stay; they've been an irrelevance for the past god knows how many years, why start now?

But for the record I think next seaosn they will struggle. Their form over the past few months has been nothing short of catastrophic. Losing Lukaku when his loan ends will be a huge blow and if Shane Long or Mulumbu are taken off their hands they'll find it hard to get replacements in that can do the same job. I also think they are just due a bad season; their luck can't go on forever. I don't think they'll go down though. There will be 5 or 6 truly shit teams in the PL next season and at least 2 whipping boys.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I seriously doubt it. Plenty of worse teams.

Can see Hull going down, don't think the playoff winner will go down and neither will Cardiff Dwagons. Norwich I doubt they'll go. If Newcastle keep Pardew they could struggle, and us, Southampton etc need to progress. Think Swansea won't be as... effective but they won't either.

Â