Any further suggestions for our hall of fame?

John

37 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Who would you consider from the last 10 years ? 

If i had to pick 4 then Martinez Mings McGinn and Grealish would have to be in the conversation. 

i dont think we have had a "hall of fame" player in the last 20+ years tbh.

Barry copped off for Money bags City.

Agbonlahor is a total joker who made a mockery of the club in his last few years.

Grealish wasnt here for "that long" and also copped out for money bags city.

McGinn.....urm....nope.

Martinez?, maybe if he stays with us for the rest of his career and we achieve something with him?

as i say, i honestly dont think we have had a player worthy of hall of fame status for a long, looooong time.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think we have had a "hall of fame" player in the last 20+ years tbh.

Barry copped off for Money bags City.

Agbonlahor is a total joker who made a mockery of the club in his last few years.

Grealish wasnt here for "that long" and also copped out for money bags city.

McGinn.....urm....nope.

Martinez?, maybe if he stays with us for the rest of his career and we achieve something with him?

as i say, i honestly dont think we have had a player worthy of hall of fame status for a long, looooong time.

Agree with this. 

McGinn, Mings and Martinez could all be part of it if they stay in the first team, sharing captain duties, and we win something over the next 2/3 years.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If i had to pick 4 then Martinez Mings McGinn and Grealish would have to be in the conversation. 

John McGinn in an Aston Villa Hall of Fame? 

Call me old fashioned but anybody, including J Grealish, who departs our club prematurely does not deserve to even be in a Hall of Fame conversation.  For most of our history we were a top 5 club and would still be if so many hadn't jumped at the first chance over the past 15-20 years. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

On 05/05/2023 at 15:33, NeilS said:

I wouldn't say he is a hall of famer. No offence to James Chester who served us well, but we would be setting the bar low there in my opinion.

Agreed. He actually played more games for us than what I remembered though. Over 100 league apps.

On 05/05/2023 at 22:07, MWARLEY2 said:

Grealish Can FO! Hall of shame more likely. 

Yeah out of the current crop, Watkins and Martinez have the best chance of making it - if they don't jump ship. Have to agree with the comment further up that that should lead to an automatic disqualification: not out of spite so much as the criteria for the Hall of Fame should be pretty stringent.

6 hours ago, Powehi said:

Yeah out of the current crop, Watkins and Martinez have the best chance of making it - if they don't jump ship. Have to agree with the comment further up that that should lead to an automatic disqualification: not out of spite so much as the criteria for the Hall of Fame should be pretty stringent.

Mings is ahead of both

On 06/05/2023 at 19:11, Villa 59 said:

Charlie Aitken should be the first on the list IMO....no one will ever have the same number of club appearances as him! True Villa legend

I named our dog after him. 

On 05/05/2023 at 15:24, villa4europe said:

scarily i think gabby might have a push behind him if it ever became a social media / public thing

10 years on it be good to see what the opinion of ashley young is now, would have been unthinkable before

Not a hope in hell - absolute chancer of a footballer. Technically inept. Couldn’t hit a barn door with a shovel imo .If this guy made our hall of fame, we should all pack up and go home. Remember the season we went down? 
No thanks - I’d rather have sticks in there over Gobby.

Â