Biggest moment of the season?

Oaks

Secondly, and on the back of that, we were 3-1 up and where normally I would be tense as hell awaiting the inevitable onslaught as we allowed the opposition back into the game, I had what can only be described as a moment of clarity and it felt perfectly plausible for us to go and score more, rather than concede. It was the first time in years that I had felt optimistic and comfortable during a Villa game and finally confirmed our turnaround.

I was still nervous. I remember turning to a mate at 3-1 and saying "well at least that guarantees us a point". I wasn't being facetious. But our hunger and positivity going forward quickly had me thinking "actually this could be any score".

At 3-1, I was still nervous for a period. And I don't know whether there was something specific which changed that or how it came about but it just hit me very suddenly that 4-1 was very possible. And it was one of those moments where you stop and realise how tense you are and just ... relax.  :)

The biggest moments of the season so far for me were the 2 consecutive Cup defeats against Bradford on aggregate & Millwall. Our turn around dates back to this & since then we have slowly gathered momentum culminating in that glorious goal by Gabby at Norwich that may have just saved our bacon!

Obviously some might argue that the 8-0 Nightmare at Chelsea was our lowest point but I just see that as the catalyst to our nadir.

Obviously some might argue that the 8-0 Nightmare at Chelsea was our lowest point but I just see that as the catalyst to our nadir.

Making it fairly big ... ;)

For me the effect of that match dwarfs everything else and at best caused all of the reactions that came after it.

We really owe them on Saturday ...

• Like 1

for me it was Lowton goal, that was when I knew we were more than likely going down.

2nd might be cruel but Ciaran Clark injury was a blessing

How exactly? Since the Newcastle game we have managed six wins, he has played in 3 of those. Yes he has made mistakes this season, but we didn't suddenly get better after he got injured.

for me it was Lowton goal, that was when I knew we were more than likely going down.

Ludicrous scape-goating.

We would be relegated without Clark.

Lowton's goal was the turning point. We had conceded and looked the more likely to lose the game, and end our short run of form (QPR/Reading) before it had started. 1 or 0 points suddenly became 3 points. Massive goal.

Not getting a lot of airplay but the start of our good run and our first win after the dark dark Winter was the West Ham game.

N'Zogbia got fouled for the Pen and then swept in a lovely free kick. That win gave us the belief it wasn't all over and kick started all that has happened since.

Probably still have to go for Lowton though. I just remember it smashing the back of the net and immediately thinking that is the goal which is going to keep us up

Not getting a lot of airplay but the start of our good run and our first win after the dark dark Winter was the West Ham game.

N'Zogbia got fouled for the Pen and then swept in a lovely free kick. That win gave us the belief it wasn't all over and kick started all that has happened since.

Probably still have to go for Lowton though. I just remember it smashing the back of the net and immediately thinking that is the goal which is going to keep us up

That win against Wet Spam showed the team & the fans that at last we were capable of winning Premiership games again & played a huge part in rebuilding confidence to aid our recovery. Nervy last 10 mins though due to the unfortunate Westwood OG.

How exactly? Since the Newcastle game we have managed six wins, he has played in 3 of those. Yes he has made mistakes this season, but we didn't suddenly get better after he got injured.

defence has looked a lot more solid(though still not great) with Baker and Vlaar and without him

The biggest moments for me apart from the Lowton goal (which put us well on the road to survival) was holding out against QPR and West Ham. We came so close to drawing those games in the final few seconds.

Losing to Bradford over two legs is something we cant shy away from though. Unfortunately that is what will mainly be remembered of a poor season.

Losing to Bradford over two legs is something we cant shy away from though. Unfortunately that is what will mainly be remembered of a poor season.

I think the great end and hope for next season will be my biggest remember, but it was a hard slog getting here.

Biggest moment of the season - Lowton goal

Turning point of the season - beating west ham

Lowest point (premier league, bradford aside) - wigan 0-3 at home. Chelsea we got torn apart by a team of superstars, wigan dicked us and we didn't manage a shot on target.

Lowton's goal

Too many great saves by Goose to pick just one

Benteke's back heel to Weimann, who slotted it home in the Liverpool win

A relegation fight is hell, but I must admit, it is more exciting than the standard, safe-by-April mid table finish

Dress it up how you like - that defence looks better with Baker over Clark. It was a grave error to make him first choice CB at the start of the season. We need someone better than either of them for next season as a first choice CB. Even then I would put Baker ahead of Clark.

Clark just hasn't developed - he's 24 next season - I haven't even seem flashes of a top notch defender. If he comes back next season with massive displays fair enough, but we can't keep putting him in the team because he was a highly rated teenager.

Â