Biggest moment of the season?

Oaks

Three moments:

• Benteke back heel to Weimann at Anfield

I was watching that match with my Liverpool friend and he whistled lowly when he saw Benteke pull off that back heel. That was one of the first Villa goals in a long time that was more than just great. It oozed class and confidence, something that I certainly didn't see coming. We've seen our fair share of goals from outside the box and another nifty ones but I can't remember one where we literally created something from nothing and showed we were more than just an industrious team

• Loss to Bradford

This edged out Chelsea for me. Days like at Stamford happens. It gets away from you and things just start rolling in. That might have been the start of the rut, but it certainly wasn't the bottom of the dwellar. The bottom had to be losing at Villa Park to Bradford. It wasn't just because they were a League Two side. It was our inability to get things going against them at Villa Park even though the players should have been up for it considering it was the semi-final. The players couldn't get an attack going and our frailty from set pieces was at its height. I think that was truly the bottom of the basement moment for this season

• Lowton's wonder strike at Stoke

I think people were still generally unconvinced about our form at that moment. We had won against Reading and QPR but they were genuine shit. We couldn't hold the lead at Liverpool and I think, in general, people thought we still had a weak mentality and that we couldn't come back from a setback. And honestly, I thought it was going to be one of those games again. A point wouldn't have been miserable, but it really would have been a lost opportunity. Up steps Lowton with another goal that I genuinely didn't see coming. It was like we were in a fight and for the umpteenth time, we got knocked down again by Stoke's only shot on goal for the day. Then, Lowton dragged Villa up from the ashes and I don't think we've looked back since

There's been some depressing moments this season, but it's been far more memorable than the turd that was last year

• Like 1

I think the second half performance against Newcastle - I know we lost that match but that was where (for me) the spark was lit within the team and they began to show what they were capable of.

I think that 45 minutes gave them the confidence to push on after the demoralising Christmas period and League Cup semis and to be fair they've been on great form since,

Gabby's goal against QPR, completely against the run of play, just before half time was a key goal for me. QPR I think were off the back of two wins and actually started to look like they could get out the mess, that small run was by far the best they'd been all season and It was a really tough game. That goal killed QPR and kept the relegation battle down to just one remaining place. 

Great shout.

Definitely the second half of the Newcastle match. Its been like watching a different team since then

Totally agree. We've shown great integrity against teams even after defeats such as that at Man Utd as well as comebacks against Reading and QPR. We've fought in 2013 and I think we are well worthy of Premier League status. 

I personally think it was the QPR game. Obviously the wins v West Ham and Reading were huge, but QPR was a massive result. It affectively put them down and gave the whole team and crowd self-belief.  That game really put the fans through the ringer.  Totally outplayed in the first half but yet somehow levelled before half time. Played great stuff in the second, threw the lead away, scored again, and then the 8 longest minutes of injury time. They nearly scored right at the death as well. I think it showed that when the chips are really down, the villa fans are fantastic. We had 8,000 more than the previous home game and the atmosphere was incredible, it felt like a club finding itself again. It was truly epic and our form since then has been pretty decent.What a game.

for me it was Lowton goal, that was when I knew we were more than likely going down.

2nd might be cruel but Ciaran Clark injury was a blessing

How exactly? Since the Newcastle game we have managed six wins, he has played in 3 of those. Yes he has made mistakes this season, but we didn't suddenly get better after he got injured.

Dress it up how you like - that defence looks better with Baker over Clark. It was a grave error to make him first choice CB at the start of the season. We need someone better than either of them for next season as a first choice CB. Even then I would put Baker ahead of Clark.

Clark just hasn't developed - he's 24 next season - I haven't even seem flashes of a top notch defender. If he comes back next season with massive displays fair enough, but we can't keep putting him in the team because he was a highly rated teenager.

I'm not dressing anything up, I agree we look more solid with Baker in the team, and would probably put Baker ahead of Clark next year too. Just didn't think Clark getting injured had that big an influence on our form.

Loss to Bradford

This edged out Chelsea for me. Days like at Stamford happens. It gets away from you and things just start rolling in. That might have been the start of the rut, but it certainly wasn't the bottom of the dwellar. The bottom had to be losing at Villa Park to Bradford. It wasn't just because they were a League Two side. It was our inability to get things going against them at Villa Park even though the players should have been up for it considering it was the semi-final. The players couldn't get an attack going and our frailty from set pieces was at its height. I think that was truly the bottom of the basement moment for this season

Just to point out, that we beat Bradford 2-1 at Villa park, Benteke and Weimann with the goals.

Â