UKIP Nutters

bickster

Back to the old UKIP thingy for a moment.

At home we are presently trying to do something about our garden, and are receiving some eye-watering quotes, at least some of which appears to be postcode attributable.

I am presently visiting some of the components of the Spanish immigration 'problem', who are all having work done on their properties, to an extremely high standard, and at reasonable (fair, not ridiculous) cost, by Romanian tradesmen.

My conclusion is that if a bunch of Romanian males moved into the house next door to me I would be round there like a shot to invite them to some of my wife's excellent home cooking, and get them all booked up to take care of the garden and any other home improvement jobs that are required.

Back to the old UKIP thingy for a moment.

At home we are presently trying to do something about our garden, and are receiving some eye-watering quotes, at least some of which appears to be postcode attributable.

I am presently visiting some of the components of the Spanish immigration 'problem', who are all having work done on their properties, to an extremely high standard, and at reasonable (fair, not ridiculous) cost, by Romanian tradesmen.

My conclusion is that if a bunch of Romanian males moved into the house next door to me I would be round there like a shot to invite them to some of my wife's excellent home cooking, and get them all booked up to take care of the garden and any other home improvement jobs that are required.

Nigel Farage dislikes this post...

I am also an English Jew and we are under a constant threat here and abroad, you all no who from and it will not stop with just us and there i will leave it. 

Is it Mecha-Hitler?

• Like 1

yep Trees is right

it's your own interpretation of whatever you choose to believe in

To chip in with my own anecdotes, on my way into work I regularly pass some christian fundies shouting the odds about abortion and gay marriage and trying to impose how they want to live on other people. By the same token I'm currently working with some gentle people that are setting up a community garden and coffee shop in the hope the local community will take it up and run it all themselves so they can wander off and do another project.

It's all about gangs and power and education and prospects and flags and all that jazz. Elsewhere in the world it's reds against blues or russian speakers against non-russian speakers or whatever the crazies can find as a divide.

We should all unite under one banner a shared  hatred of the French and then the would would be a happier place

I found their whole attitude greatly improved on my last visit.

Essentially, there was a great big neon sign as I drove out of Calais that could be summed up as 'will dance for cash'.

• 4 months later...

does the election win of Douglas Carswell reflect that UKIP have arrived

or just that he was doing a good /OK job as a Tory MP and votes were transferred accordingly  ...i.e had he defected to Labour instead of UKIP would he have still won ?

Edited by tonyh29

They have as many MPs as the Greens, now. Farage is going to be invited to join Dave, Nick and Ed on the TV debate, so I assume Natalie Bennett will, too. No? Oh, apparently not.

Oh, the European election... the one that only UKIP really take seriously? Which is kind of funny if you think about it, without Europe most of their party would be out of jobs... much like a lot of the country would be without Europe.

yup Like I said, the only national election not won by Labour or Tory for about 100 years. 

I wonder why you think most of the country would be out of work if we were out of the EU, Would they not seek to trade with us?

Realistically, what does the UK have to offer the rest of the World? Although UKIP say "we can make our own deals", well, yes we could but who has all of the bargaining power? Not the UK. I just see it leading to deals that won't benefit the UK so much which will affect businesses, especially small ones ultimately leading to cuts and closures.

yup Like I said, the only national election not won by Labour or Tory for about 100 years. 

I wonder why you think most of the country would be out of work if we were out of the EU, Would they not seek to trade with us?

You don't "win" the European election though do you? - a head of state for Europe is not voted for as a result of it

Trying to argue that UKIP didn't really just win a national election is comical!

On the potential GE debates I'd argue the Greens should be in there, but as neither Plaid nor the SNP are trying to become the UK gov it seems a bit ludicrous for them to be included.

The Beeb are holding a separate debate in Scotland for the leaders of the Scottish parties which seems a bit more sensible.

Fans of Ed should be pleased Farage is involved, it at least puts someone on the stage capable of giving Cameron a hammering. Miliband's so weak it's pathetic and personally I feel embarrassed for him every time he opens his mouth.

Trying to argue that UKIP didn't really just win a national election is comical!

On the potential GE debates I'd argue the Greens should be in there, but as neither Plaid nor the SNP are trying to become the UK gov it seems a bit ludicrous for them to be included.

The Beeb are holding a separate debate in Scotland for the leaders of the Scottish parties which seems a bit more sensible.

Fans of Ed should be pleased Farage is involved, it at least puts someone on the stage capable of giving Cameron a hammering. Miliband's so weak it's pathetic and personally I feel embarrassed for him every time he opens his mouth.

I'd agree on Plaid and SNP BUT I think they should have separate Scottish and Welsh debates broadcast in those countries. For UKIP to be invited and not Greens / Respect makes democracy a sham, they should also be in all three debates not just one of them

nor is the head of state elected by election in England

absolutely but that has nothing whatsoever to the point that you were making. To claim ukip won an election when clearly they did not win anything is wrong :-)
  • Like 1

Â