UKIP Nutters

bickster

They have as many MPs as the Greens, now. Farage is going to be invited to join Dave, Nick and Ed on the TV debate, so I assume Natalie Bennett will, too. No? Oh, apparently not.

Indeed, interesting to note that the Greens haven't been lauded as smashing the bureaucracy of the established party, standing for a change in British politics or representing the dissatisfaciton of the British public with Westminster?

I wonder which party most accurately reflect the political leanings of the half a dozen people who control our news?

• Like 3

Trying to argue that UKIP didn't really just win a national election is comical!

On the potential GE debates I'd argue the Greens should be in there, but as neither Plaid nor the SNP are trying to become the UK gov it seems a bit ludicrous for them to be included.

The Beeb are holding a separate debate in Scotland for the leaders of the Scottish parties which seems a bit more sensible.

Fans of Ed should be pleased Farage is involved, it at least puts someone on the stage capable of giving Cameron a hammering. Miliband's so weak it's pathetic and personally I feel embarrassed for him every time he opens his mouth.

it is comical, cause how did they win as such. At least with a uk election the winners are the majority party - well usually. In the euro elections you vote for a number of meps that are then part of a larger body. So yes it is comical.
  • Like 1

Trying to argue that UKIP didn't really just win a national election is comical!

On the potential GE debates I'd argue the Greens should be in there, but as neither Plaid nor the SNP are trying to become the UK gov it seems a bit ludicrous for them to be included.

The Beeb are holding a separate debate in Scotland for the leaders of the Scottish parties which seems a bit more sensible.

Fans of Ed should be pleased Farage is involved, it at least puts someone on the stage capable of giving Cameron a hammering. Miliband's so weak it's pathetic and personally I feel embarrassed for him every time he opens his mouth.

it is comical, cause how did they win as such. At least with a uk election the winners are the majority party - well usually. In the euro elections you vote for a number of meps that are then part of a larger body. So yes it is comical.

Right. UKIP got more votes than any other party in the country and the most MEP's across the nations of the UK. That's what a national election is, not the election for the national parliament, but nevertheless a national election. That's why all the politicians, the newspapers, the broadcasters and any remotely interested voters said, "oh look UKIP just won a national election".

You do see that, right?

Right. UKIP got more votes than any other party in the country and the most MEP's across the nations of the UK. That's what a national election is, not the election for the national parliament, but nevertheless a national election. That's why all the politicians, the newspapers, the broadcasters and any remotely interested voters said, "oh look UKIP just won a national election".

You do see that, right?

Of course he doesn't. His copy of the Guardian didnt tell him that. ;-)

You do see that, right?

i appreciate you are trying to prove some point but basically you are wrong. The european election were (hint clue in the title) not national elections. But i know that you probably know that and just want to continue a quite silly little argument imo so shall we get back to discussing ukip and how it helps with any real examination of what ukip and their supporters really are standing for. Edited by drat01
  • Like 2

UKIP won a national election, I'll agree that happened but lets not forget that the turnout is so low in the Euro elections that the BNP managed to get Nick Griffin elected. Ironically the Nazi's former voters now mainly vote UKIP

I thought they went back to Labour ?
  • Like 1

They have as many MPs as the Greens, now. Farage is going to be invited to join Dave, Nick and Ed on the TV debate, so I assume Natalie Bennett will, too. No? Oh, apparently not.

Indeed, interesting to note that the Greens haven't been lauded as smashing the bureaucracy of the established party, standing for a change in British politics or representing the dissatisfaciton of the British public with Westminster?

I wonder which party most accurately reflect the political leanings of the half a dozen people who control our news?

The greens managed 1% of the vote in the 2010 GE didn't they ?

UKIP managed 3.1 % and overall managed 3 times as many votes as the greens but without winning a seat ...

The recent national elections in 2013 :P saw UKIP take 4 million votes and 27% of the vote ... The greens took just over 1 million

UKIP on that basis probably deserve a place at the debates , you could argue in place of the lib dems :)

• Like 2

You do see that, right?

i appreciate you are trying to prove some point but basically you are wrong. The european election were (hint clue in the title) not national elections.

Drat, if everyone in the country votes or gets the chance to vote at the same time then that is called a national election. The fact that people were voting for MEP's is irrelevant.

I'm not trying to have a silly argument, just explaining what the terminology you are using actually means.

You do see that, right?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Were you born this funny or did you go to banter university?

• Like 3

The OFCOM rules state that parties can be reconsidered as "major parties" if there is an upswing in support for them, which there clearly has been for UKIP since the last election.  UKIP are polling an average of 15% in the recent opinion polls, ahead of the Lib Dems. The Green Party are averaging 4%.  That's probably why one of them is being invited to the big table, and the others aren't.  The rules aren't based on numbers of seats in Westminster unfortunately (for the Greens).  Major parties also have to contest at least 1/6 of all seats nationally.

Who gives shit what OFCOM rules say, really. The rules were made to keep the status quo and quite clearly the whole country is looking for a fresh approach. All parties deserve to be heard if they can demonstrate above say 1% support across the country

The Green party already count as a "major party" (as do UPIK) according to OFCOM's rules.

The rules also say that that "due weight must be given to the coverage of major parties during the election period" and there must be "due impartiality".

There's surely a case that the Greens would win a legal review/court case iof the broadcasters apparent plan to exclude them from any of the debates.

More relevantly perhaps is that UKIPs have grown as a result of the right wing press giving them air, which then led to them (well Nigel Farage) getting on the telly a whole load, which

led to more press coverage, and then more telly coverage and so on. That level of profile surely helped make the public aware of them and what they say, and allowed them to then get voters.

Given that 2 party or even 3 party politics is well dead, then the Greens and Respect and UPIKs should get more air time.

• Like 1

You do see that, right?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Were you born this funny or did you go to banter university?

The University of Bantchester. 

Who gives shit what OFCOM rules say, really. The rules were made to keep the status quo and quite clearly the whole country is looking for a fresh approach. All parties deserve to be heard if they can demonstrate above say 1% support across the country

over statement of the year award goes to ......

Â