UKIP Nutters

bickster

as we know im wary of islam but its nice to read stuff like that. id never believe anything like that would happen unless it was put infront of me which it has. I think that's the only positive muslim story ive read, as everyone knows the papers and news paint a bad picture of muslims but yeah there is hope yet.

• Like 1

I am also an English Jew and we are under a constant threat here and abroad, you all no who from and it will not stop with just us and there i will leave it. 

Same in sweden, Most jews are moving away from our third largest city cause they no longer feel safe living their, due to constant attacks from young muslim gangs..

at the end of the day you've got to take these fears into consideration when people post stuff. ok you might not agree or it might be border line racism but everyone has their view wether it be wrong or right. no doubt people have lived along side muslims and have had pleasant experiences but for some it just is not like that. but its the same for every religion or race, for as intimidated id feel if I went to live in a big muslim area, they would feel the same if they lived in an all white rough arse council estate. my views on the muslim world are ill informed and misguided but I have no doubt there is a lot of bad in the muslim world. as ive said before I hope I can trust islam one day because I just want a peaceful world man.

I've met more arsehole white people than I have arsehole "brown" people

(Brown as in Asian :))

With 87% or so of the population being white I'd be surprised if you hadn't :)

at the end of the day you've got to take these fears into consideration when people post stuff. ok you might not agree or it might be border line racism but everyone has their view wether it be wrong or right. no doubt people have lived along side muslims and have had pleasant experiences but for some it just is not like that. but its the same for every religion or race, for as intimidated id feel if I went to live in a big muslim area, they would feel the same if they lived in an all white rough arse council estate. my views on the muslim world are ill informed and misguided but I have no doubt there is a lot of bad in the muslim world. as ive said before I hope I can trust islam one day because I just want a peaceful world man.

There's a lot of bad in the Christian world.

• Like 1

OT I know, but IMO the issue with Islam is that its a "young" religion and like all teenagers it is more than capable of behaving like a bit of a dick. Judaism and Christianity all went threw it, kicking the snot out of their kid brother and each other along the route but they have now, for the most part, grown up and got on with it. Islam is angry because it had a rough few formative years, especially at Christianities hands, but it will grow out of it eventually.

• Like 1

610 AD , they've only had just over 1400 years to get it right :)  ... sadly some of their laws haven't been updated since that time

like I say though , people seem to be confusing "extremists" with normal people  ..

I've yet to meet a Muslim who wanted to kill me , other than some bloke who insisted I drank some dodgy looking home-brew with him in Lebanon

610 AD , they've only had just over 1400 years to get it right :)  ... sadly some of their laws haven't been updated since that time

like I say though , people seem to be confusing "extremists" with normal people  ..

I've yet to meet a Muslim who wanted to kill me , other than some bloke who insisted I drank some dodgy looking home-brew with him in Lebanon

100% agree. But I'd argue its that last 500 years thats made the difference to Christianity.

Its a tiny minority who are massive dicks. If in doubt, its the one with the tactical vest and the AK47.

• Like 1

Its a tiny minority who are massive dicks. If in doubt, its the one with the tactical vest and the AK47.

I know a muslim guy who is a massive dick, largely because of his faith and his view of the world outside of his faith, and I doubt whether he has seen an AK47 in his life.

But then I know another muslim guy who is a lovely man, undoubtedly one of the nicest human beings that I have ever met, with a tremendous sense of humour and kindness, largely because of his faith and his view of the world outside of his faith.

Interpretation appears to be the key with Islam, which is pretty much the same for those outside of Islam. We are all capable of choosing the type of person that we would like to be, how we wish to live life, and how we wish to treat others.

• Like 2

yep Trees is right

it's your own interpretation of whatever you choose to believe in

To chip in with my own anecdotes, on my way into work I regularly pass some christian fundies shouting the odds about abortion and gay marriage and trying to impose how they want to live on other people. By the same token I'm currently working with some gentle people that are setting up a community garden and coffee shop in the hope the local community will take it up and run it all themselves so they can wander off and do another project.

It's all about gangs and power and education and prospects and flags and all that jazz. Elsewhere in the world it's reds against blues or russian speakers against non-russian speakers or whatever the crazies can find as a divide.

• Like 1

Â