FIFA 14

hogso

So many bs decisions in this game it's infuriating. I had the ball, yet one opposition player bumped into my own player in the box (this happened whist I was near the halfway line with the ball) then the ref calls for a penalty. It's so annoying! Yet I'll still play it :P

This is a very handy list, specially if you like career mode. It`s an excel sheet but it list every starheads in fifa, with positions as well. Starheads means they have scanned faces, so your team will have more of a personality!

http://www.2shared.com/file/F4LMfwMG/F14FLV1.html 

Cheater tip: You can edit their ratings before you start the career so you don`t have to end up with people who are way under 70 overall. Of course, sometimes it can mess up their potential.

Which is very interesting in this game, it is very random unless they have recently patched it. Talking about the ps4 version here btw. But yeah, sometimes players will not gain stats if you bring them in, niang from Milan never seems to do for some reason. Sometimes, certain players get better while if you try to redo it, said player might do worse. Not really sure how it all works together and what triggers what but it`s kinda strange. Sofifa also updates rating players so after an update, some players will have different potential. There has certainly been some strange ones like aycieck from hannover last winter. 

To bad that career mode are missing some things. It really gets repetetive and I feel the only way to make it fresh is to sim a lot of games or just start all over. It`s very artificial still and I wish EA would really get their finger out of their ass, come on already this is like the 20th fifa game, there are certain things that should be better by now. 

Not sure if it`s just me but the difficulty is so strange, I breeze through semi-pro but can get crushed on pro. They also are very fast, terry can easily keep up with gabby for example, it makes no sense.  And I could play on world class before, what happened here. It`s very frustrating but there needs to be a total rewrite of the game code, there are many things left on this "brand new" ignite engine. Which isn`t really impressive at all....

• Like 2

People are somewhat to blame for the difficulty, about 2-3 years ago the legendary difficulty on Fifa was challenging but once you could beat it you would beat it every time, regardless of what squad you had and who you were against. Enough people complained so they made it harder, now it's insane.

I cant keep a squad for that reason, i love ultimate team but online players are horrendous and AI are superhuman, the stress and rage you have to go through playing anything above world class is unbearable. Career mode is ok because if you knock down AI marking by 2-3 points it becomes a bit more bearable.

Really want to enjoy UT because i like the unique squads and teams you can make but its painful this year, might start with some clubs now i'll be connected via a cable rather than wireless in a few days.

Played this on my mate's PS4 again on Saturday. only the second time I've played it.

You can't play 2vs2 online anymore with two of you on the same console?

Are the next gen of consoles trying to completely get rid of local multiplayer?

It's weird because I only have the 360 and you can do it with Fifa 14, but on my mates Xbox One with Fifa 14 the option isn't there. It seems like they've reduced the game for the next gen. 

Little brother came dangerously close to beating me yesterday. Had to claw my way back from 2-0 down at half time to win 4-3, with a goal in the last minute.

Subsequently smashed him 6-0 and 8-0 in the following games. His confidence was shot but I needed to reassert my position of the unbeatable big brother.

• Like 3

Played this on my mate's PS4 again on Saturday. only the second time I've played it.

You can't play 2vs2 online anymore with two of you on the same console?

Are the next gen of consoles trying to completely get rid of local multiplayer?

It's weird because I only have the 360 and you can do it with Fifa 14, but on my mates Xbox One with Fifa 14 the option isn't there. It seems like they've reduced the game for the next gen. 

I don't have enough technical knowledge to know why, but the same sort of thing happened in the jump from the PS2/xbox generation to ps3/360.

Pro Evolution 6 had WAY more features on the old generation than PES 6 on the new generation.

Maybe it's just due to the complexities of the new system? I honestly don't know.

Finished my first season in charge of Villa on career mode and I had a lot of player growth. Finished 2nd as well. Had Barcelone come in and make a 45 million bid for Benteke but I didn't want to sell Benteke so I did a counter offer for 90 million and they accepted it! I also got a bid for Guzan for 8 million but I didn't want to sell him either, so I said 20 million and he was sold. I ended up purchasing Reus, Bender, Courtois, Vertoghen and Lukaku with all the money I had received. 

Little brother came dangerously close to beating me yesterday. Had to claw my way back from 2-0 down at half time to win 4-3, with a goal in the last minute.

Subsequently smashed him 6-0 and 8-0 in the following games. His confidence was shot but I needed to reassert my position of the unbeatable big brother.

I do this with my big brother. I challenged him to a game of Madden. He's never played it before. He then proceeded to spam A and make every single pass and I had to resort to cheating to beat him. I'm not proud.

I do this with my big brother. I challenged him to a game of Madden. He's never played it before. He then proceeded to spam A and make every single pass and I had to resort to cheating to beat him. I'm not proud.

I need to pick up Madden 25 I think, cheers for reminding me !

Just started a FIFA 14 Career with Fulham, god knows why but yeah, manager mode seems to be going alright so far.

Â