Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

So lets get this straight. We should have unquestionable faith in Lambert because he's made several good signings yet ignore the bad ones he's made and that's my point.

Nobody said he only makes good signings. They said he makes a lot of good signings and If some dont work out then so be it but at least they are cheap and on low wages so we wont have an ireland situation on our hands again. That is why we have faith in his dealings.

Nursery saying WBA are in for Sinclair but he can't train till August. Glad to be honest we are not in for him, there was a lot shouting for Adam Johnson last year as well and I see a lot of similarities. 

It is actually blind faith if you make the statement if Lambert wants him I'll back him even though you know nothing about the player. 

Lambert has made one fantastic signing in benteke and several very good signings but he has also made poor signings so I just don't get why we should back him on every signing he makes and that for me is showing blind faith.

I bet you're fun at christmas. 

• Like 1

It is actually blind faith if you make the statement if Lambert wants him I'll back him even though you know nothing about the player. 

Lambert has made one fantastic signing in benteke and several very good signings but he has also made poor signings so I just don't get why we should back him on every signing he makes and that for me is showing blind faith.

How long are you giving a player before you define them as poor? I wouldn't say any of our signings are poor yet. I'd like to give them until atleast Christmas before making that judgement.

No it isn't because he has a track record of making good signings at Villa.

I bet you're fun at christmas. 

Class :-D

Supporting our manager and players is blind faith? We shouldn't back every signing?

What shall we do then pick names out of a hat to decide who we will get behind?

Alright then buddy!

• Like 1

So lets get this straight. We should have unquestionable faith in Lambert because he's made several good signings yet ignore the bad ones he's made and that's my point.

Nobody said we should have unquestionable faith, but he certainly deserves at least a little bit of faith and people who are saying that they trust him with regards to signing players they don't know much about definitely aren't doing so out of "blind faith".

Its more about supporting the manager and players of our club, than it is having faith.

Whoever Lambert brings in, I'll back him and them until they give me reasoning not to.

Ah i thought so.

You're basing your opinion on allegiance to the manager and club as a supporter rather than taking an objective look at the player. That again would suggest to me than your opinion is based on blind faith.

Brown didnt really look good for Nigeria in Confederations Cup

Dunno - I saw him play for Dinamo.
He was awful in the Confeds Cup, my Nigerian friends think he's rubbish too and say he shouldn't even be in the squad.

If Lambo wants him though, I'll back him.

There's the best example of blind faith i've seen yet on this forum.

Yes blind faith indeed, never mind then, what I'll do instead if we sign him is boo him and moan about how crap he is even though I've only seen him play in a few games previously.

Lambert out.

My apologies for not responding to this as i've only just noted it.

Emmm, we haven't signed the player yet and i was commenting on the highlighted text that you would back the signing due to being a Lambert signing rather than knowing anything about the player. As i have already stated, blind faith.

Nobody said we should have unquestionable faith, but he certainly deserves at least a little bit of faith and people who are saying that they trust him with regards to signing players they don't know much about definitely aren't doing so out of "blind faith".

Its more about supporting the manager and players of our club, than it is having faith.

Whoever Lambert brings in, I'll back him and them until they give me reasoning not to.

Ah i thought so.

You're basing your opinion on allegiance to the manager and club as a supporter rather than taking an objective look at the player. That again would suggest to me than your opinion is based on blind faith.

Do we not back all Villa players until they give us good reason not to back them (i.e. Ireland, Makoun etc)

I've never booed a Villa player and have always cheered each and every name as it's rang our prior to kick off because, now wait for this cos it'll blow your mind but that's what fans do.

Fans support the club and its players, the only time you stop doing this is when it becomes obvious that a player does not want to represent Villa any longer,  I don't care if they're short on ability so long as they work hard and try their best, that's all you can ask of any player.

Name me a single Manager that has got all of his signings right?

Even the mighty Ferguson signed Eric Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Juan Seba Veron and Bebe (all for not insignificant amounts of money btw) so it's allowed that a Manager will make the odd poor signing - this is due to something called hindsight.

Morpheus, you're bringing everyone down, if it bothers you that much why not just give us and yourself a break and take a couple of weeks away from it all.

• Like 1

How long are you giving a player before you define them as poor? I wouldn't say any of our signings are poor yet. I'd like to give them until atleast Christmas before making that judgement.

Playing devils advocate, you could argue that using that argument you also can't class any signing as being good, as they may have been one season wonders

Nobody said he only makes good signings. They said he makes a lot of good signings and If some dont work out then so be it but at least they are cheap and on low wages so we wont have an ireland situation on our hands again. That is why we have faith in his dealings.

So we now have faith in Lambert's signings due to being cheap. Excellent stuff! 

Playing devils advocate, you could argue that using that argument you also can't class any signing as being good, as they may have been one season wonders

Thats absoultely fine by me. However i'd rather focus on the positives of a player. If they have done well then excellent. If they haven't done quite aswell I would rather give them atleast half a season more before I judge them as being poor. Whether a player is a "one season wonder" or not is irrelevent to me because they have proven themselves to be able to preform at this level whether it is for a season or not.

Edited by sexbelowsound

No. if you read what i wrote instead of picking out the bits you think you can beat in a debate you will realise that i said that we have faith because he makes a lot of good signings and the bad ones do not cause a great deal of harm to the clubs finances.

You're getting close to putting words in peoples' mouths because you are twisting what people are saying. You also seem to have an incorrect understanding of the term blind faith. Lambert has shown that he scouts his players properly. Wasn't he supposed to have had a 30-page report on Westwood or some such? It is not 'blind' faith to back a manager that has shown he doesn't just sign players he knows nothing about. It is a confidence in the manager's ability based on what he has done to date.
  • Like 1