Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/06/17/ld-crewe-boss-sure-aston-villa-target-will-be-on-the-move/

I searched the forums and couldn't find a Luke Murphy topic, apparently we may be in for him but it could be in August.

I'm not familiar with Crewe so I can't really give an opinion on whether he'd be a good addition.

The Murphy possibly moving on in August has been the story out of Crewe since April. Not sure why this is but if he is moving we can forget about it until then.

Edited by Wes

If you notice. The direct quotes don't mention us. If anything they can be read as enquiries by other clubs by use of the word 'couple'. The link to Villa is assumed by the article and the reader. "Villa target on the move" does not automatically equal "Villa target moving to Villa".

TBH I hope the last one is English.

Flooding the team with good foreigners is fine with me, up to a point, but I dont want us to turn into the next Arsenal.

I would absolutely bloody love to turn into the next Arsenal. I'm past caring, little England can swivel. It's just the Villa for me now.
OK maybe Arsenal was a bad example, what about turning into the next Wigan?

I'll still go to the games, so we only need one other (and a dog) and we're already beyond Wigan. ;)

If the question is do I want us to be shit then the answer is no. But I'm not entirely sure what the nationality of our players has to do with that.

My point (and I guess my question) is I dont want us to lose the English backbone we have, Im quite proud of it.

I believe that any team should retain a strong element of home based players, they simply have a better understanding of the uniqueness of the countries game. Its no coincidence that the best teams recognise this.  At the moment we are in the process of diluting our English presence, which is fine as we were well catered for in this department,  however I dont want us to continue this movement over the years till we lose this identity.

I understand that you would lose this in an instant for success, as would any sane fan, however this is no guarantee of success simply another gamble.

Unnamed premier league club have bid 8 million for vydra. Wouldn't be a shock if it's us

Where's that from Villaonsea?

awaits the 'Oh someone whos ITK on twitter' statement...

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews 1h

Sky sources: Udinese reject £8m bid from an unnamed Premier League club for Matej Vydra #SSN

Unnamed premier league club have bid 8 million for vydra. Wouldn't be a shock if it's us

It's on Sky Sports actually

Sky sources: Udinese reject £8m bid from an unnamed Premier League club for Matej Vydra #SSN

Wouldn't think its us

Aww :(

Don't think it's us considering we got a better striker for 1.2million.

Vydra is pretty damn good.

20 goals in 40 games in the Championship last season and named best player in the division is probably a better record than Helenius' 16 goals last season in the Danish league. Vydra is younger as well.  It would be impossible to claim who will be the better striker at this stage, I would love to have both of them though :P 

Udinese are doing the same thing as us and buying up the best young talent around Europe at the moment. They will value the kid highly and won't let him go easily.