Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I remember there was interest in Scott Sinclair earlier on in the season, would PL be interested in bringing him in? Look doubtful especially now with Tonev looking like a done deal. Sinclair would probably cost about 6-8m as well.

Anybody seen the Daily Mail's transfer special? They believe we have 6 million to spend and link us to Jermaine Jenas  :crylaugh: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337146/Premier-League-transfer-special--ins-outs.html

I like the fact that over 4 months after he's been sold (which they themselves even reported at the time), that article lists Stephen Warnock as one "Who we might lose". That should tell you absolutely everything you should ever need to know about just how little the Daily Mail knows about football or apparently can even be arsed to research. What a laughable joke of a shitrag.

Anybody seen the Daily Mail's transfer special? They believe we have 6 million to spend and link us to Jermaine Jenas  :crylaugh: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337146/Premier-League-transfer-special--ins-outs.html

I like the fact that over 4 months after he's been sold (which they themselves even reported at the time), that article lists Stephen Warnock as one "Who we might lose". That should tell you absolutely everything you should ever need to know about just how little the Daily Mail knows about football or apparently can even be arsed to research. What a laughable joke of a shitrag.

They should rename this shit rag, "The Daily Fail"       

I remember there was interest in Scott Sinclair earlier on in the season, would PL be interested in bringing him in? Look doubtful especially now with Tonev looking like a done deal. Sinclair would probably cost about 6-8m as well.

I doubt he would be interested in Sinclair. He represents everything that got us into the mess we are just getting out of - expensive; high wages; somewhat inconsistent; lack of committment (preferred wages to playing); etc.

I love the way we are going with Lambert - Tonev would cost much less than Sinclair, probably be on less than half what he would want in wages, international etc.

The current England problems are easily put down to a lack of English players in the Premier League, but the transfer fees and wages being demanded result in clubs looking abroad for cheaper and better players. Scott Sinclair (amongst many others) are a perfect example of this issue.

McGeady has been dreadful for Ireland. Hope we're not in for him.

Same.

Doubt we are.. Doesn't really fit with the transfer policy.

While i dont rate him either, this was his best game for republic in long long time. I doubt you were watching the game with that comment

• Like 1

Same.

While i dont rate him either, this was his best game for republic in long long time. I doubt you were watching the game with that comment

Fair play then, glad he had a good game against a very very poor 'nation'  :)

I would have to judge him over an entire season, not just one game. All I'm saying is he doesn't fit into Lambert's transfer policy. And lets face it, it just the Faroe Island's, population is less than Plymouth's :lol:

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Same.

Fair play then, glad he had a good game against a very very poor 'nation' :)

I would have to judge him over an entire season, not just one game. All I'm saying is he doesn't fit into Lambert's transfer policy. And lets face it, it just the Faroe Island's, population is less than Plymouth's :lol:

Yeah i thought you were referring to tonights game. We wont be in for him.. I hope :)

I meant generally from watching the last 3/4 games. I just thought he was greedy with the ball and took on the shot when it wasn't needed. This is the McGeady I've seen numerous times so I presumed that's what his overall performance was like.

McGeady is excellent at taking on his man and beating them but then after his final ball is often a let down and really inconsistent. Doesn't seem to be the type of player Paul Lambert would sign and he would cost a bit much for Lambert as well. Don't see him coming in here. If he could improve on his delivery and decision making he could be one hell of a player but then again that could be said for many wingers.

Jan Mucha is released, should we sign him as backup goalie? Saw him once this season, and he was outstanding. Schwarzer released as well, but he would probably demand high wages

Ross Turnbull released from Chelski too. I haven't seen him play for ages, but I vaguely remember him being an okay backup. (Unless he's already agreed a deal with another team, in which case ignore me!)

We should be in for some U21 players from the champs now. Henriksen or Rudi for example. Defensive mids that we really need and proven in high quality leagues/EL/CL.

Henriksen could be immense. Player of the season at Alkmaar if im not mistaken? Anyways, a player with huge potential. I dont think he fits very well in our national side, because of Drillo's old tactics, but in a playing side like we seems to be moving towards, i think he could be a really good player. 

I wouldnt call him a DM btw, maybe you thought about Nordtveit? Would be happy to have him as well, hes definitely upper Bundesliga standard, and would without doubt strengthen our team.

McGeady has no redeeming features at all concerning his footballing ability. Completely shit and hopefully come the start of next season nowhere near our club.

Now, we often disagree but on this one I'm right with you.