Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Cornelius looks class, but would it mean Benteke going?

I'm guessing as this is most likely BS but possibly spend the Bent money on Cornelius.

Probably less than £10m in both cases -  then gradually bring him into the team with a view to replacing Benteke if he goes next summer.

Wouldn't want Defoe personally, he is a good player and impressively did bag 19 goals last season where he was plagued with injures and somehow being behind the Adebayor, but just doesn't suit PL's physiology. Would prefer Vydra from Udinese myself to replace Bent and if Benteke does go Bony wouldn't be a bad replacement. 

I think Spurs are one of the most dangerous teams to deal with ! They really play a hard ball .. Either when they try taking a player .. Or when they sell them !

That's basically it. They're the Ryanair of the PL (in the business sense, not the customer satisfaction sense). You know when you deal with them you are going to be fleeced. It must be great as a Spurs fan but everyone should just give them 2 fingers and not deal with them in the first place.
  • Like 1

The thing about Spurs in terms of purchasing is that they usually have no problems getting in the mid level to high potential talent, but it seems they always fall short of getting the big name players, and that's probably because most teams are not willing to get lowballed by them. Hence why over the past couple seasons the best they could get at St was the mercenary Adebayor.

defoe didnt want to join when mon wanted him. PL wants young players who "want it"..i dont think defoe fits the bill..its reminds me of ireland this one ,a cast off from another club no matter how you mask it