Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Will Hughes looked good early season for dcfc but fizzled out somewhat

I think he'd be priced unrealistically tbh

He's 18, it's expected to be in and out of form. The guy has bags of potential.

That's fine. I mentioned him on here 12 months ago. Nobody had heard of him.

34212969.jpg

• Like 1

How about Harry McGuire from Sheffield United?

He's not very fast so not entirely sure he would make the step up to the prem, especially with our defence being slow as it is, bu Sheffield United have absolutely no money to spend at all and there were a few rumours about a bid from Sheff Wednesday for as low as £900k. He's been touted about in the £3m bracket but I think thats mostly paper inflation (similar to £3m Lowton who was more £900k).

We could even try going lower than that supposed £900k bid and then loaning both him and Derrick Williams (They need a CB, and as previously mentioned, have no money plus Williams isn't exactly first in line here and it may help him find a club moving into the Championship?) back out to them for next season?

He made the League 1 team of the year in both of the last 2 seasons and has a fantastic mentality, even if that same mentality may mean he would refuse to leave, money for his club + a loan back may convince him though? At 20 he'd be one for the future, see if he makes it and if not at circa £1m we couldnt exactly lose money on him

Edited by HalfTimePost

How about Harry McGuire from Sheffield United?

He's not very fast so not entirely sure he would make the step up to the prem, especially with our defence being slow as it is, bu Sheffield United have absolutely no money to spend at all and there were a few rumours about a bid from Sheff Wednesday for as low as £900k. He's been touted about in the £3m bracket but I think thats mostly paper inflation (similar to £3m Lowton who was more £900k).

We could even try going lower than that supposed £900k bid and then loaning both him and Derrick Williams (They need a CB, and as previously mentioned, have no money plus Williams isn't exactly first in line here and it may help him find a club moving into the Championship?) back out to them for next season?

He made the League 1 team of the year in both of the last 2 seasons and has a fantastic mentality, even if that same mentality may mean he would refuse to leave, money for his club + a loan back may convince him though? At 20 he'd be one for the future, see if he makes it and if not at circa £1m we couldnt exactly lose money on him

I saw him in a few games last season and i really think he's too slow for the Premier League, he'd make Vlaar and Baker look like sprinters. Decent player but i think the Championship is probably his level.

Will Hughes looked good early season for dcfc but fizzled out somewhat

I think he'd be priced unrealistically tbh

He's 18, it's expected to be in and out of form. The guy has bags of potential.

That's fine. I mentioned him on here 12 months ago. Nobody had heard of him.

Er nope, you didn't. You mentioned him in December by which time lots of people were aware of him. It was December 9th to be exact :)

• Like 3

Will Hughes does look quite phenomenal at his age. Even if we sign him for 10 million he will be worth alot more 2 years down the track.

Some of us moan when Lambert goes to the lower leagues.. but he would be crazy not to want this kid. Wont be on massive wages.. local boy. Sign him up. Maybe Popov is the back up player if he fails to sign Hughes?

Because the media say so...But I have looked at him a couple of times(not often you get to watch derby play mind you) but he has a bit of flair and you certainly notice him on the field. As far as I can remember he has a pretty good work rate but again, haven`t seen him that much. Even if the hype has gone a little bit quiet on him I still feel like he will end up higher on the table unfortunately 

Heh, I remember reading the report last night about Newcastle being in on Will Hughes and thinking to myself "10m? At that price, and if he's willing to sign with Newcastle, there's no reason Lambert couldn't pluck him." Sure enough, the rumor mill has already started up.

I wouldn't get too excited, though. He would be the perfect signing for us, which means he'll sign with someone else.

Edited by Caddy

Will Hughes does look quite phenomenal at his age. Even if we sign him for 10 million he will be worth alot more 2 years down the track.

Some of us moan when Lambert goes to the lower leagues.. but he would be crazy not to want this kid. Wont be on massive wages.. local boy. Sign him up. Maybe Popov is the back up player if he fails to sign Hughes?

People probably said the same about Delph and looked how that has turned out, he did okay towards the end of the season but he certainly hasn't doubled his value.

There are no guarantee's with any player wherever they come from and because of that I just can't see Lambert paying the sort of money being talked about for Hughes.

The kid does look very good though.

Bannan to Swansea for £2 million is said to basically be a done deal, according to SSN. So maybe Will Hughes to replace him? If we can afford him.

Hope so.

I feel vindicated already.

How many were saying Championship team, if he's lucky. lol. There's a great player there.

76xfyCw.gif

Why do you keep using that terrible Gif to show hes a great player :S. At least use the Assist to Albrighton, its pretty much the only quality thing he has done for Villa.

• Like 2